LPG Gaslow, tank kits and other alternatives ooop North

Ah right!!

if you do a setup like mine then it's as simple as swapping a bottle regardless of it being a refillable or Calor so long as the swapped ones have a mushroom end on the pipe so you can go that way.

I watched your video and looked at a couple of others. It dont look that simple to me. Do you not have two hoses to disconnect when removing a Gaslow bottle for a Calor and isnt one of them a filler hose? Anyway I am sure Autogas2000 will explain it.

One thing I noticed on their kits they offer rubber hoses or Stainless Steel hoses. We had rubber ones on our old one. I can't remember but I seem to think there were some issues with the Stainless steel hoses years back. Any thoughts?

Stainless is supposed to last longer but I've never replaced any hose on any of the vans we've had and some were well out of date.

I sit corrected I did notice one orange one had been chafing on the bottle so I fitted a new one.

Stainless is supposed to last longer but I've never replaced any hose on any of the vans we've had and some were well out of date.

I sit corrected I did notice one orange one had been chafing on the bottle so I fitted a new one.

There are various threads on the MH forums claiming that the rubber hoses can screw up regulators eventually on later model vans. No proof I don't think but that was the general train of thought a while back.

There are various threads on the MH forums claiming that the rubber hoses can screw up regulators eventually on later model vans. No proof I don't think but that was the general train of thought a while back.
Not the hoses per se, but how they were fitted so it allowed crap to drain into the regulator, which should be as high as possible in the locker so it is the highest point, again never had this problem.

I watched your video and looked at a couple of others. It dont look that simple to me. Do you not have two hoses to disconnect when removing a Gaslow bottle for a Calor and isnt one of them a filler hose? Anyway I am sure Autogas2000 will explain it.

One thing I noticed on their kits they offer rubber hoses or Stainless Steel hoses. We had rubber ones on our old one. I can't remember but I seem to think there were some issues with the Stainless steel hoses years back. Any thoughts?
If you have twin refillable then yes there are two pipes, inlet for filling and outlet to reg. Charlie originally fitted a single 11Kg gaslow for me with a tee so I could fit a calor (or other brand) when needed. When Sue was getting rid I bought her 6Kg gas-it plus and ditched the Calor, (had never used it since having refillable anyway).
When I wanted to reduce van weight last year I got Charlie to remove both bottles and the pipework between them and the regulator and he fitted me a 10Kg composite bottle. It looks like the safe fill bottles but has extra valves so it can be permanently fixed with external fill point. The composite 10Kg is a bit bigger than the Gaslow 11Kg.
I am getting 6 months out of the bottle if I leave it to run empty, (it hadn't actually run empty but was getting close) so no problem finding somewhere to top up in that time. I am a low gas user though only using it for cooking and hot drinks but I do cook every day even in hot summer as I usually do chicken and veg for the dogs.
See what options you have when you get to Charlie's, if its possible he will tell you.

If you have twin refillable then yes there are two pipes, inlet for filling and outlet to reg. Charlie originally fitted a single 11Kg gaslow for me with a tee so I could fit a calor (or other brand) when needed. When Sue was getting rid I bought her 6Kg gas-it plus and ditched the Calor, (had never used it since having refillable anyway).
When I wanted to reduce van weight last year I got Charlie to remove both bottles and the pipework between them and the regulator and he fitted me a 10Kg composite bottle. It looks like the safe fill bottles but has extra valves so it can be permanently fixed with external fill point. The composite 10Kg is a bit bigger than the Gaslow 11Kg.
I am getting 6 months out of the bottle if I leave it to run empty, (it hadn't actually run empty but was getting close) so no problem finding somewhere to top up in that time. I am a low gas user though only using it for cooking and hot drinks but I do cook every day even in hot summer as I usually do chicken and veg for the dogs.
See what options you have when you get to Charlie's, if its possible he will tell you.

Cheers. Yep I think thats all I can do now. See what they recommend. They know what I want to achieve. Six months though!! I take it you dont have a gas fridge then. We use between .75 to a litre a day or did in the old van. I reckon the old fridge was burning more than it should though in the end but 3-4 weeks tops for an 11kg Gaslow bottle which is why I want as much onboard as possible.

Cooking twice a day, plus making drinks 4times a day, plus the fridge we used 14 litres in 46 days.

Thats pretty impressive. Thats 0.3 litres a day!! Worrabout heating hot water? Showers etc? How the hell did you achieve that? Ah! You spend loads more time on the road so I guess your fridge is on 12v a lot. Still good that though as you are never on hookup are you?

Back