LPG Gaslow, tank kits and other alternatives ooop North

I don't think any of these gauges have ever worked. I smashed mine years ago (not on purpose). Over 16 years of usage though I can just tell how much we have used unless we end up on hookup for weeks obviously. Its a pity the lockers are so small on this van though. Bit of an oversight on what is essentially nearly an eight meter six berth. I don't think Swift build vans for off gridders though.

This is the gas locker. This is from another van we looked at two years ago though. The one we are hoping to buy has 2 x 6kg calors in it. Despite it looking small in the pic there was wriggle room on the Calors though so you never know. 11kg might go in.

If the locker is physically big enough for two 11kg cylinders, then you just need to have a larger locker door fitted, I wanted to do it on this van but it was a few inches too narrow in the locker so stuck with the 6kg Calor and 6kg Gaslow.

Hamilton's in Ireland is the cheapest place for Gaslow, free delivery.

1718803994064.png

1718804042549.png

If the locker is physically big enough for two 11kg cylinders, then you just need to have a larger locker door fitted, I wanted to do it on this van but it was a few inches too narrow in the locker so stuck with the 6kg Calor and 6kg Gaslow.

Hamilton's in Ireland is the cheapest place for Gaslow, free delivery.

View attachment 132323

View attachment 132324

I think they might go through the door, just not sure there will be space in the locker. It is what it is, will just have to see whats workable.

I think they might go through the door, just not sure there will be space in the locker. It is what it is, will just have to see whats workable.
Very true but you have all the info you need to see if it will work, do a screenshot or you'll have to search for it.

the 560 i believe barry

Thread here. This guy got an 18kg Gasit bottle in! He said it stated 2 x 7kg. That door looks the same to me.

I wonder if the 18kg Gasit bottles are taller and thinner. Never looked at them.

surprised about the difference in sizes of bottles i had seen a swift with a huge cylinder inside probably like that 18kg found these refillable never seen this make before
IMG_1918.png

Well that was a bit of a result. I emailed Autogas2000 letting them know that I was getting the scooter rack fitted at Armitages on the 8th of July and wondered if despite their four week lead time if they could fit me in on the 9th as it would make sense to stop off and overnight at their place and get the work done the next day. If not I would probably leave it until the autumn as we want to get away. They come back this morning and can do it on the afternoon of the 9th. :D All booked in. Still not sure what for yet but I am sure they will find a solution.

Well that was a bit of a result. I emailed Autogas2000 letting them know that I was getting the scooter rack fitted at Armitages on the 8th of July and wondered if despite their four week lead time if they could fit me in on the 9th as it would make sense to stop off and overnight at their place and get the work done the next day. If not I would probably leave it until the autumn as we want to get away. They come back this morning and can do it on the afternoon of the 9th. :D All booked in. Still not sure what for yet but I am sure they will find a solution.

Plus as a bonus you can go out on the lash with Charlie and Karen.

Don't worry he has progressed from axes and chainsaws, he now has a hot air balloon burner he uses as a flame thrower :)

Sounds even more fun although I dont know if messing about with flame throwers surrounded by LPG tanks is a good idea, least not when my vans parked there. :D

The white pipe you can see isn't white at all, that's frost due to the volume of gas the balloon burner can flow

Me and my mates went up in one once in the Lake District. It was just a five minute ride with the thing tethered so it didnt go very high. It did however crash into a tree coming down and ended up with the basket on its side. I remember us bailing out and running away. :D

Me and my mates went up in one once in the Lake District. It was just a five minute ride with the thing tethered so it didnt go very high. It did however crash into a tree coming down and ended up with the basket on its side. I remember us bailing out and running away. :D

You're feckin nuts Barry - I can see you getting on well with Charlie!

Just revisiting this.

I don't think anything but two 6kg bottles are going to fit. One train of thought I had was to fit a twin 6kg Gaslow system and if its possible carry a spare 6kg Calor elsewhere in the van. I can't say I am happy with this idea of having a bottle inside the van or in the garage but Calor do say they are safe to transport in a vehicle but they also say to store them upright. It would almost certainly have to be laid down in the garage or under seat storage. It also depends on how easy it would be to swap out a 6kg Gaslow bottle from the locker if the Calor is needed. Thinking about it, its only really the UK I would need the Calor backup and generally in remote locations like the Scottish Islands. I wouldnt bother taking it to Europe.

If thats a none starter it looks like its going to have to be 1 x 6kg Gaslow and 1 x 6kg Calor. Not ideal.

Back