Location App support thread

Admin

Administrator
Please post your Location App questions or comments in this thread.

Can you please make sure that you have read the instructions BEFORE posting questions or issues as there is a FAQ at the of them.

Phil

Last edited:
Anyone using a mac.
Make sure that the zoom setting is set to 100%.
I had not used the Mac till last night and could get the new app to work.
For some reason it had changed the Zoom from 100% to 250%.
Simply go to safari preferences, then preferences for this app, and adjust the zoom back to 100% if required.

Can you please make sure that you have read the instructions BEFORE posting questions or issues as there is a FAQ at the of them.

Phil
Where are the instructions/ faq

Phil
Have read Phil, but app is not giving my actual location as the other one did, have new app on Safari, have all location settings on.
Like it though.

Have read Phil, but app is not giving my actual location as the other one did, have new app on Safari, have all location settings on.
Like it though.
So when you click on "near me" it gives an error that it cannot find your location?

It would be really helpful to me if we could have a button that changed the state of all 'SELECT CATEGORIES TO DISPLAY'. If they could all be switched off with one click you could then re-engage the categories that you required.

Looking at the changes in a years time on a recent community post is it possible to make the location app work offline, one of the great attractions of the community was the option to use poi's offline, also it would appear that we will be unable to update our sat nav's etc with POI's in the future. Not everyone can afford Data rich contracts.
The raffle changes is not a deal breaker but i did like to donate some of mine to the monthly charity.
That's why i put a sad face on the post, really hope things pick up and some changes are not implemented.

Last edited:
Sorry to be dense but - on an iPad, " If your device Is running an older version of IOS you can use the app in a web browser."

How do you do that?

It is not available offline . This is a big negative as with maps.me we were used to it not mattering if we were out of signal.
As a self professed geek tell us what to do, when in those wild places that wild campers go.
Sorry but we do not have the financial resources to pay for an offline mapping service. I did a survey of members and offline mapping was low on the list of required features.

It would be really helpful to me if we could have a button that changed the state of all 'SELECT CATEGORIES TO DISPLAY'. If they could all be switched off with one click you could then re-engage the categories that you required.
Once you have set the categories they stay that way across all your devices.

Sorry to be dense but - on an iPad, " If your device Is running an older version of IOS you can use the app in a web browser."

How do you do that?
Just open the web app in Safari and use it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back