Trip to France

We went to the Normandy Victory museum yesterday, it was really quite good went to Omaha beech this morning but I left the phone in the van not sure if Liz took any or not.

Unless you are really into touristy stuff I'd give Omaha no more than a drive through right now just a monument on the beach and loads of road baree signs, we drove on and found a nice little nook away from everyone, going on the ferry so might give some stuff a miss American cemetery this afternoon and one of the museums but they seem to be very samey by nature.

Unless you are really into touristy stuff I'd give Omaha no more than a drive through right now just a monument on the beach and loads of road baree signs, we drove on and found a nice little nook away from everyone, going on the ferry so might give some stuff a miss American cemetery this afternoon and one of the museums but they seem to be very samey by nature.

You might not need to bother with any museums once you have done the one at the American cemetery.

The actual cemetery itself is extremely moving to see also. Well they all are. It's immaculate and a beautiful peaceful place. Right off the beach
Got thrown out of the cemetery. Parked just above beach for the night . Up early went for a walk and entered via a gate .
Security found me , demanding to know how I'd got in . Gate was open .
Marched out .

Got thrown out of the cemetery. Parked just above beach for the night . Up early went for a walk and entered via a gate .
Marched out .
Rock n Roll! How the feck do you manage to get kicked out of a cemetery? 🤣 Even I've never managed that!

Marched out .

As long as you got a fill of water, you are quids in. ;)

Davy

Cuppa on the next ferry them 😂

235F2B8F-C1F0-4391-871F-F0A341CE9B9E.jpeg

Back