Trip to France

Camaret and crozon are both lovely ports to visit unless there’s a big westerly blowing , :giggle: If you’re a Druid a bit farther south is Carnac with dozens of standing stones, apparently they’d on a lay line which passed through my garden in Berrien and onto Stonehenge, might be total bollocks but I had 3 uprights which must have weighed 50 ton each, if you like shipbuilding St Nazaire would be interesting,they build all BF ferries there.

Last edited:
I read this morning about one of the BBMFs Spitfires crashing next to RAF Coningsby airfield where the flight is based, the RAF pilot was killed in the crash.

I suppose some may be grounded for any activities coming up for the D day 80th anniversary.

No
I read this morning about one of the BBMFs Spitfires crashing next to RAF Coningsby airfield where the flight is based, the RAF pilot was killed in the crash.

I suppose some may be grounded for any activities coming up for the D day 80th anniversary.
No mention yet of the flight being grounded, no doubt the crash investigators will take a view after reviewing this very sad event.

Very windy up at 330m.
windeze.jpg

Camaret and crozon are both lovely ports to visit unless there’s a big westerly blowing , :giggle: If you’re a Druid a bit farther south is Carnac with dozens of standing stones, apparently they’d on a lay line which passed through my garden in Berrien and onto Stonehenge, might be total bollocks but I had 3 uprights which must have weighed 50 ton each, if you like shipbuilding St Nazaire would be interesting,they build all BF ferries there.
There are smaller stone alignements at Lagatjar, west of Camaret on the Crozon peninsular. Well worth a look.

I'll have to consult management about going over there.

Today we have been to all but the bottom one and we are having lunch in the van at locronan.

We did drive in but frosty looks and no blue parking spaces large enough or free, lots of cars with no badges though as usual.

A few pictures of Locronan, well worth s visit more so if you can walk, scooter stayed in the van as it's all cobbles and we saw quite a bit of the town from the van.

Attachments

• IMG-20240527-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240527-WA0000.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20240527-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240527-WA0002.jpg
    782.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20240527-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240527-WA0004.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20240527-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240527-WA0005.jpg
    730.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20240527-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240527-WA0006.jpg
    668.3 KB · Views: 15
Top was a branch at a chateau bottom was misjudging a turn round in a narrow land and the wheel found a ditch,bloody annoying as I only had the bumper repaired last year £200 wasted.

Don't let it spoil your trip. Bit of T Cut, good as new! :D My Scooter rack usually acts like a bit if a battering ram if I hit stuff. I Sent a massive wheelie bin hurtling down Figeac high street once with it and nocked a lamp post over to about 45 degrees on the Med coast on an Aire which I kind of just stood back up myself (nobody noticed). :D

Back