Trip to France

You should really go as far as Brittany as you’re half way there, try ‘ Honfleur’ St Malo and Dinan on the way and Morlaix on Saturday market if you can, there’s ferry from Roscoff to Portsmouth and there are no toll roads in Brittany,nice coastal villages and the locals speak Breton not French if they can, very Celtic independent types generally.

Im gonna start telling Kev not to stay or go to places. Dont go to Barfleur, St Malo, Dinan, Roscoff, or any of those places Kev. All crap. I don't think he's gone to a single place I've recommended so definately dont go to any of them Kev. :cool:

Some "french person" decided to block us in last night.

Next time I won't leave any room for them.

20240525_085159.jpg

We do tend not to go where others go to avoid crowds but we do listen then research if we want to go there or not, sometimes we do sometimes we don't but the advice is invaluable to others who are more able who read this thread in future.

I have serious shed envy.

We turned around to go back to take pictures, even liz wanted some pictures.

Attachments

• 20240525_123121.jpg
    20240525_123121.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240525_123224.jpg
    20240525_123224.jpg
    683 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240525_123326.jpg
    20240525_123326.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 26

View attachment 131645
More on this, I only parked there because when we got there I was in a lot of pain and took my drugs, then some one came to drop off some bottles and the neighbours dog kicked off, and it just went on for ages, I can't drive after the drugs so I took a chance and parked in a layby opposite the Aire, we wake up to find it full with one blocking us in, I looked but there was tree trunk being used as a border so I couldn't just drive away, there was a fishing match going on so I got on the translation app and wrote this.

Screenshot_20240525-134938_Translator.jpg

I walked around the them and showed them.it one of them said no problem and with a friend walked off around the lake, I sat waiting for over 30 minutes for them to come back but they didn't, I showed it to another chap who had been in the group i first spoke to, he pointed at another who had also been in that group, he said it was his van and acted like he knew nothing about it we walked round he moved his van an we left.

At no.point was i anything but polite and as apologetic as my terrible french would let me,us the written piece above.

I have serious shed envy.

We turned around to go back to take pictures, even liz wanted some pictures.

Now you're talking!! I love all the old knackered barns and sheds in France. Loads in Normandy. Thats looks like a borrowers barn though.

Campsites!! What kind of well ard rock n roll wild camper are you. Pussy! :cool:
Baz.. as you well know I aint a wild camper :LOL: (dunno what I am doing here really :unsure:)
I only stop at proper sites where I can have a shite in their loos (the thought of having a dump in the van's little potty fills me with dread.. YUK 🤮)
seriously though.. the municipal sites, although basic, are as cheap as chips.
If Kev does want to wild camp then there are loads of spots on the west coast (Cote Sauvage = the Savage Coast) overlooking the sea.
Quiberon is one of our favorite places and we will be there late August for a few nights. The site at Kerhostin is spacious with big pitches overlooking Carnac bay..
(another good municipal site on Quiberon is a bit further down at Du Rohu)
I cant wait to go again

Attachments

• quiberon kerhostin 4.jpg
    quiberon kerhostin 4.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 22
  • quiberon kerhostin 3.JPEG
    quiberon kerhostin 3.JPEG
    535.1 KB · Views: 23
  • quiberon kerhostin.jpg
    quiberon kerhostin.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 25
  • quiberon kerhostin 2.jpg
    quiberon kerhostin 2.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 22
  • quiberon kerhostin 5.jpg
    quiberon kerhostin 5.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 23

View attachment 131645
More on this, I only parked there because when we got there I was in a lot of pain and took my drugs, then some one came to drop off some bottles and the neighbours dog kicked off, and it just went on for ages, I can't drive after the drugs so I took a chance and parked in a layby opposite the Aire, we wake up to find it full with one blocking us in, I looked but there was tree trunk being used as a border so I couldn't just drive away, there was a fishing match going on so I got on the translation app and wrote this.

View attachment 131666

I walked around the them and showed them.it one of them said no problem and with a friend walked off around the lake, I sat waiting for over 30 minutes for them to come back but they didn't, I showed it to another chap who had been in the group i first spoke to, he pointed at another who had also been in that group, he said it was his van and acted like he knew nothing about it we walked round he moved his van an we left.

At no.point was i anything but polite and as apologetic as my terrible french would let me,us the written piece above.

View attachment 131666

Just as well that "drugs" got translated as "médicaments"! Might be safer to use the English term "medication" in future to be on the safe side!

You should really go as far as Brittany as you’re half way there, try ‘ Honfleur’ St Malo and Dinan on the way and Morlaix on Saturday market if you can, there’s ferry from Roscoff to Portsmouth and there are no toll roads in Brittany,nice coastal villages and the locals speak Breton not French if they can, very Celtic independent types generally.
Are you sure? I know that BF have occasionally done a crossing between Portsmouth and Roscoff, but the normal route is Roscoff-Plymouth.

Back