Single female

How can you not carry a weapon in a motorhome they are full of them, but using them is another matter. We have a metre long shoe horn brought from Aldi for 1.99euro and it is a disability aid officer ;):unsure: I wouldn't want to get on the wrong end of it that's for sure. But as others have said the possibility's of anything happening are slim and you are needlessly worrying about things that might not happen. So keep your self busy and when your tuckered out you will sleep peacefully until the next thing you know is it's morning and the world is still where you left it. Enjoy your adventures.

i have a telescopic wheel nut removal tool with a socket fitted for emergency is that classed as a weapon??

I always carry the best defensive weapon everywhere I go, it’s a positive attitude and common sense.

Once just outside Fez I awoke to someone trying to get in the side door, so I got out of bed and simply opened the door and asked them to f*** oof.

No more needed.

Have to admit being 6’2” and built like a shed helped 😉

i have a telescopic wheel nut removal tool with a socket fitted for emergency is that classed as a weapon??
If used as one, Then yes 🤷🏻‍♂️,
The same as a Pencil, Bunch of keys, Or Deodorant can be ‘classed’ as such if ‘Used’ as such.

I once got completely £$%^ faced in Milan, so much so that I find where I had parked.

As I wondered around aimlessly I came across some gypsy caravans around a fire,

I found myself staring at the flames, a guy came over and spoke to me, but we had no common language and couldn’t understand each other.

Come the morning, I woke up safe and sound in a caravan with 2 young girls staring at me and the smell of bacon and coffee in the air.

In Luxembourg a few years back I was sat with a beer and a cigar outside a Hotel when 2 French guys in a truck approached me, we couldn’t understand each other as my French is appalling.

So I called my mate Beth who speaks fluent French and ask her to talk to one of them, she explained that they thought I was sleeping in the van and that they were happy to share a room and let me have one of theirs.

This is how people really are, there’s no strangers, just friends we haven’t met yet.

TBH
I really don’t think that any kinda purposely allocated weapon for use is the way to go.
Not being funny but I feel confident that ‘I’ could disarm most untrained people of such things if the need ever arises.
Much better to employ measures like -
Distance, Barrier, Noise & Egress rather than like for like Physical Aggression Or relying on Active self Defence.
Just saying
I am not advocating the use of a machine gun more the using of a child's toy as a comfort blanket for a women on her own. After saying that it is a very effective weapon and I would not like to try to disarm someone with one.

I am not advocating the use of a machine gun more the using of a child's toy as a comfort blanket for a women on her own. After saying that it is a very effective weapon and I would not like to try to disarm someone with one.
Then with that in mind a Supersoaker with a single squirt of Bleach would be a better Security Blanket. That way if it was to be taken off you after use it would be empty 🤷🏻‍♂️, & you could use it to clean the Toilet too 👍

Still think it’s better NOT to be in that situation if at all possible, But plan Non confrontational measures to leave the Area if ever you DO

Last edited:
Then with that in mind a Supersoaker with a single squirt of Bleach would be a better Security Blanket. That way if it was to be taken off you after use it would be empty 🤷🏻‍♂️, & you could use it to clean the Toilet too 👍

Still think it’s better NOT to be in that situation if at all possible, But plan Non confrontational measures to leave the Area if ever you DO
Do you have many Supersoakers filled with bleach ready to squirt around in a confined space. Many of us have toys to amuse our children/grandchildren to hand. Have fun explaining the acid attack to a judge and yes I know bleach has a ph of about 12 so not strictly speaking an acid.

Do you have many Supersoakers filled with bleach ready to squirt around in a confined space. Many of us have toys to amuse our children/grandchildren to hand. Have fun explaining the acid attack to a judge and yes I know bleach has a ph of about 12 so not strictly speaking an acid.
Was just expanding on ‘Your’ questionable thought process of using Toys as weapons !. An idea that I personally don’t agree would be a good option, but accept its each to their own.
& No, I don’t have ‘Supersoakers ‘Filled’ with Bleach to squirt around in a confined space’,,,That would be ridiculous & a Premeditated process of actively ‘Weaponising a Toy’, ‘Filled’ is NOT what I said, (Please re read).
No more than I have a Rounders Bat to swing around in a confined space !. Ridiculous notion.
But to answer your idea of ‘Fun trying to explain’ etc
Easy,
Well it’s like this judge, I Was cleaning it out because of the Covid threat, must have had a bit left in there 👍

Last edited:
But do you have it to hand and do you think the OP is going to be happy taking it to bed with her and do you really think it would make her feel safe? I really hope you are on a windup because the thought of people with supersoakers full of bleach is probably why she is nervous in the first place. Can we please go back to trying to help her.

But do you have it to hand and do you think the OP is going to be happy taking it to bed with her and do you really think it would make her feel safe? I really hope you are on a windup because the thought of people with supersoakers full of bleach is probably why she is nervous in the first place. Can we please go back to trying to help her.
I haven’t got ANY weapons to hand aboard, nor have I ever felt the need to .
You could maybe give her your bat if you think that would help her 👍

Tech savvy I am not hence the blank message lol. My partner died 7 years ago the day after he retired so it was give up or go it alone. I feel happier if there’s another van nearby who I try and chat to first. I feel safe on any sites but often wild camp. Boy racers can feel threatening and I once got hemmed in by cars using the place as a dogging site. I did worry that they might think it was more comfy in a van once they had thrown me out of it !!!but they don’t know if there’s a big hairy man inside. I can sound like one I kid myself. Once parking in a street in Bristol 2 teenage boys tried to break in but soon scarpered at the sound of my little dog (in photo.)always let someone know where you are although that’s usually not so good if it’s my son as I have to listen to too many lectures ! If you want a camping buddy after lockdown get in touch.
Your dog is a fearsome warrior!
Thank you for taking time, you've reassured me no end. I'm so sorry you found yourself alone at a time you could have been forgiven for assuming otherwise. And I'm glad you persevered rather than giving up on a past time you enjoy.
I too didn't think I'd be by myself and have overcome 90% of the disadvantages. Just this last hurdle I think. You've emboldened me to be sure to give it my best shot. Thank you.

I am sure my wife would be very happy to let her have her rounders bat if we should ever meet.

Your dog is a fearsome warrior!
Thank you for taking time, you've reassured me no end. I'm so sorry you found yourself alone at a time you could have been forgiven for assuming otherwise. And I'm glad you persevered rather than giving up on a past time you enjoy.
I too didn't think I'd be by myself and have overcome 90% of the disadvantages. Just this last hurdle I think. You've emboldened me to be sure to give it my best shot. Thank you.
Get out there when you’re able & enjoy, Choose your park ups with care I’m sure all will be absolutely fine 👍😊

So Catchic,
What’s your Thoughts now & or intentions when able to travel ?.
Any Wish list or Trips planed ?.
I feel more confident.
I think start small. So look forward a suitable pub stop not too far for the first proper night.
the place I most want to go is Wast Water. Hike up the pike then picnic. It's several hours drive and I know I can't do it there and back in a day. Hence my decision to utilise my van.
then there's shell island. Somewhere I've longed to visit for an age. And I yearn to look up at the stars in Scotland. Dumfries and Galloway have some fabulous spots for such and so that's on the list. I think those are good targets for starters. With my friend in Blackpool to visit abd a few trial runs under my belt I'm beginning to see these as perfectly reasonable.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back