Single female

I feel more confident.
I think start small. So look forward a suitable pub stop not too far for the first proper night.
the place I most want to go is Wast Water. Hike up the pike then picnic. It's several hours drive and I know I can't do it there and back in a day. Hence my decision to utilise my van.
then there's shell island. Somewhere I've longed to visit for an age. And I yearn to look up at the stars in Scotland. Dumfries and Galloway have some fabulous spots for such and so that's on the list. I think those are good targets for starters. With my friend in Blackpool to visit abd a few trial runs under my belt I'm beginning to see these as perfectly reasonable.
Sensible & Fantastic plan, Go for it. Beautiful part of the country 😊

I feel more confident.
I think start small. So look forward a suitable pub stop not too far for the first proper night.
the place I most want to go is Wast Water. Hike up the pike then picnic. It's several hours drive and I know I can't do it there and back in a day. Hence my decision to utilise my van.
then there's shell island. Somewhere I've longed to visit for an age. And I yearn to look up at the stars in Scotland. Dumfries and Galloway have some fabulous spots for such and so that's on the list. I think those are good targets for starters. With my friend in Blackpool to visit abd a few trial runs under my belt I'm beginning to see these as perfectly reasonable.

When you are feeling a little more adventurous try the Cairngorms around Aviemore - some fantastic walks into the Lairig Ghru. Then Glencoe and finally Applecross which is my favourite place on earth.

Unfortunately the success of the NC500 has made Scotland very busy now, but I usually go up there in winter when it's not so bad.

Applecross is heaven. They simply don't have axe murderers up there - or any other crime come to that.

Can we ask what kinda work you do ?.
Is most of your work clients in one geographic area ?.
Don’t be to specific but is it Scotland, Wales, England etc as it might give other solo female members a chance to meet up with you for a bit of support on the first time or two wilding
Midlands, England.
about as far from the sea as you can get. And pretty flat. My heart yearns for waves and mountains lol.

Midlands, England.
about as far from the sea as you can get. And pretty flat. My heart yearns for waves and mountains lol.
Rutland Water near Oakham is a good spot for a few quiet nights, large fields so you can distance yourself from everyone else, good walking and cycling if you need it, it is 40 miles from us (Castle Donington) and is our favourite spot to just chill out
They never had a Zombie did they ☹

The closest would be - The Grousom Twosom,

But in my case the Grousom Onesom ! 🧟‍♂️
We are known as the gruesome twosome, we even send xmas cards to friends and sign them from the gruesome twosome, Maggy's friends of course because for some reason I don't seem to have any apart from online friends :ROFLMAO:

Rutland Water near Oakham is a good spot for a few quiet nights, large fields so you can distance yourself from everyone else, good walking and cycling if you need it, it is 40 miles from us (Castle Donington) and is our favourite spot to just chill out
We are known as the gruesome twosome, we even send xmas cards to friends and sign them from the gruesome twosome, Maggy's friends of course because for some reason I don't seem to have any apart from online friends :ROFLMAO:
👍
Then I will relinquish the Gruesome Onesome title to belay any confusion.
I Wouldn’t have won anyway,

Interestingly we were parked up at a local famous view point on the Isle of Wight last summer when we were approached by a single lady much the same as yourself who asked advise on staying their overnight and would it be safe. This got us thinking as a community isn’t it time we started to help ourselves , we have an off-road level hard standing parking with access to water, waste disposal and electric hook up and I am sure their are others with similar that would swap for the same in return or a small contribution . One of the greatest parts of traveling the country is meeting people and who better than a local to tell you were to go ,what to see and were to eat

Interestingly we were parked up at a local famous view point on the Isle of Wight last summer when we were approached by a single lady much the same as yourself who asked advise on staying their overnight and would it be safe. This got us thinking as a community isn’t it time we started to help ourselves , we have an off-road level hard standing parking with access to water, waste disposal and electric hook up and I am sure their are others with similar that would swap for the same in return or a small contribution . One of the greatest parts of traveling the country is meeting people and who better than a local to tell you were to go ,what to see and were to eat

why a contribution?

why not just help another wild camper?

I think that’s a great idea, well done to you.
I use 4 such offers from ‘Domestic Friends’ & similarly have around 12 Commercial clients I have dotted about the UK (Mainly in Villages) & have known the people that Supply each for years now.
If you read some of the other posts I’ve put up, & ask other members that know me it’s how I actually live my Fulltime lifestyle.
I normally work on their Property of Grounds for a day or so, then have a Cpl of days stay with facilities for free.
But paying for a stay would be equally acceptable in my mind

Last edited:
read it in full “swap or small contribution” very simply we would not expect anything for nothing and if we were to help somebody out, we actually have to pay on a meter for water, by the tanker for waste disposal and I don’t generate enough electricity from the solar panels to be self sufficient so have a meter for that too

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back