Single female

read it in full “swap or small contribution” very simply we would not expect anything for nothing and if we were to help somebody out, we actually have to pay on a meter for water, by the tanker for waste disposal and I don’t generate enough electricity from the solar panels to be self sufficient so have a meter for that too
OKay 🤔
Have read it in full,,,,,
Apologies if I took the post wrong 👍😊

I haven’t a clue wot I’m doing or where I am!

I’m using my mobile not the laptop right now... how the heck anybody can use these minuscule screens to jump around different websites in record time and still remember what is where and who is how deserves a blummin’ medal !

For me it’s the equivalent of trying to use one eye to look down a tunnel while your other has a patch over it and can’t see what’s going on right next to it 😝 🥴 🙃 🤣

PS - I meant Boris7 - don’t know where the blinkin **** came from either !!!!!! 🤪

Back to fear and feeling vulnerable, we lived in Tamworth and used to stay at Tonge Station near Breedon on the Hill, our daughter and son in law came for the weekend to stay in the van with us, bear in mind this was a CL site located in an out of the way area at the edge of Tonge Village, our son in law couldn't rest, he was over six foot, 16 stone and probably 30 years old then, the morning after his first night he told us he couldn't sleep thinking we were going to get attacked and robbed, I asked him why he thought it might happen with four adults and two border collies in the van, he couldn't explain why but said he kept thinking we were vulnerable, they live in a huge house which backs on to a country park in Cambridgeshire, it is a private road and the cheapest house is over a million pounds, I pointed out that he was a bigger target and robbers would be more violent and planned, he couldn't rest in his own house for a few months and spent thousands on security.
He still thinks we are risking too much travelling around and I still think he is paranoid, at home we have a few security lights and a ring doorbell, I sleep like a log:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Back to fear and feeling vulnerable, we lived in Tamworth and used to stay at Tonge Station near Breedon on the Hill, our daughter and son in law came for the weekend to stay in the van with us, bear in mind this was a CL site located in an out of the way area at the edge of Tonge Village, our son in law couldn't rest, he was over six foot, 16 stone and probably 30 years old then, the morning after his first night he told us he couldn't sleep thinking we were going to get attacked and robbed, I asked him why he thought it might happen with four adults and two border collies in the van, he couldn't explain why but said he kept thinking we were vulnerable, they live in a huge house which backs on to a country park in Cambridgeshire, it is a private road and the cheapest house is over a million pounds, I pointed out that he was a bigger target and robbers would be more violent and planned, he couldn't rest in his own house for a few months and spent thousands on security.
He still thinks we are risking too much travelling around and I still think he is paranoid, at home we have a few security lights and a ring doorbell, I sleep like a log:sleep::sleep::sleep:
Time he had a we talk.
shrinks.png

A lot of good memories of Rutland Water. We used to have meets at http://www.lyndontop.com/ but sadly Arthur the groundsman that used to look after us is no longer with us. I am sure it would still be a good place to camp still as it is a wide open space but has a manager on site.
Arthurs Wife Maddie was appointed manager after his passing (I don't know if she still is) but she had a groundsman because she couldn't cut the grass, Arthur was the best groundsman we have ever met

Hey Catchic,
Just as an example of how some Members on here are, People & Characters met on Travels perusing my Lifestyle choice, And reactions of Random Villagers Met While at lay-by park ups ALL over the uk often interact with me over the years just have a quick flick through this recent thread of mine for a gauge of the nature of what you might experience -

Last edited:
Hey Catchic,
Just as an example of how some Members on here are, People & Characters met on Travels perusing my Lifestyle choice, And reactions of Random Villagers Met While at lay-by park ups ALL over the uk often interact with me over the years just have a quick flick through this recent thread of mine for a gauge of the nature of what you might experience -
But how many have you eaten after dark. :eek:

I have a range of small glass tubes which can be blown through a blow pipe type tube. Some are stink bombs, others are filled with paint. I can have acid in bombs as well. I have some tubing kept to syphon vehicle fuel and this can be pointed through my roof and side vents. Have tried this out several times but not had a real problem yet. Nearly had my whole rig stolen some time ago, so now have my own anti-theft and problem solving methods under trials. I do like the dog warning sign, I have one for the Aboriginal curse I had made by an Australian friend. Every little helps.

well I think that it’s easier if when some members park up, they just post sentries armed with an array of weaponised Children’s toys akin to Timmy Mallet on roaming patrols, But come the impending Apocalypse or Mass Civil unrest that’s well overdue, it appears that the Militia wing of WC already have an Arsenal of premeditated Weaponry to hand to make this ‘Wild Fun & Friendly Community’ a force to be recognised in the New World Order !.
Do we get a Uniform? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Good morning all

I've tried to search threads but technically challenged so apologies if it's been said before....
Like everyone I'm itching to get on the road. I have some concerns though. My van is basic and multitasks as work vehicle, so I will be looking to go to pubs and friends. I had a trial run on the farm my cousin lives on and loved it. I parked a fair way from his cottage but in truth was in a gated community equivalent. I plan to visit a friend in Blackpool and use her driveway as my next venture to build my confidence. When we are allowed. The thing that bothers me, though is my being alone. If I was 6' and built like Mike Tyson might be more confident but I just have a nagging fear around my vulnerability. Yes I can lock myself in and so feel safer than if I were in a tent. And I have a terrier who, although not a killing machine would certainly alert me to movements outside. However I can't quite shift the sensation of: am I safe?
Are any of you able to offer some words of wisdom, anything I should consider or things I can do to overcome this niggling anxiety? I desperately want to explore the Lake District and national parks but can't lift my underlying fear? I veer from powerhouse of bold, rebellious "I can do this" to "eeek"
Any suggestions/advice?
I would stick to club sites especially where there is a warden and park yourself close to the warden’s accommodation.

Good advice, Especially the smaller CL & Farm type sites as mentioned before in thread that are dotted all over the place so can explore different parts of UK.

I know that there’s a few members that apparently prefer ‘Club’ sites

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back