Single female

Tech savvy I am not hence the blank message lol. My partner died 7 years ago the day after he retired so it was give up or go it alone. I feel happier if there’s another van nearby who I try and chat to first. I feel safe on any sites but often wild camp. Boy racers can feel threatening and I once got hemmed in by cars using the place as a dogging site. I did worry that they might think it was more comfy in a van once they had thrown me out of it !!!but they don’t know if there’s a big hairy man inside. I can sound like one I kid myself. Once parking in a street in Bristol 2 teenage boys tried to break in but soon scarpered at the sound of my little dog (in photo.)always let someone know where you are although that’s usually not so good if it’s my son as I have to listen to too many lectures ! If you want a camping buddy after lockdown get in touch.

Well done Anita ,hope you are well mrs and there another zoom meeting on the cards
going to give c.nutts a call this weekend as I had mentioned Colin last night on zoom 👍

Last edited:
A dog is a very good start and probably is the best deterrent. Park facing the exit, go with your gut feeling, if your not comfortable with a location then move as it's meant to be fun and not a test of your bravery. A bored teenager getting stoned with his mates throwing a MacD's drink at your camper is realistically as bad its gonna get in the UK
I totally agree with this comment. I’m 63 and widowed (and so camping alone) for 11 yrs now. The only thing I’ll add is I always Google and check out a proposed wild site before I go there, checking for stuff that might make me feel uncomfortable.
Remember, once your blinds are down, no one outside knows you’re a woman alone.
I always sleep clothed in case I need to drive off (I never have). I always have my vehicle pointed in the right direction (also useful if you need a jump start!!🤣🤣 Yes, I’ve been there a few times over the years🙄) I always know where my keys are. I always have my phone by me.
All just precautions but sensible.
Before you know it you’ll be doing it with a calm soul. Try familiar places first, just to get used to it.
Have fun!!!

Another single woman here. The first time wilding on your own is the most nervewracking, but you will calm down. As others have said, if it does not feel safe move on. When we are able to get out and about again meet up with a couple of others in your area and get to know the dos and donts. Meg

So Catchic,
What’s your Thoughts now & or intentions when able to travel ?.
Any Wish list or Trips planed ?.

That thought has occurred to me too.
tempting to get the vynyl off...
But. Could also busman's holiday. So 🤷‍♀️
Can we ask what kinda work you do ?.
Is most of your work clients in one geographic area ?.
Don’t be to specific but is it Scotland, Wales, England etc as it might give other solo female members a chance to meet up with you for a bit of support on the first time or two wilding

Can we ask what kinda work you do ?.
Is most of your work clients in one geographic area ?.
Don’t be to specific but is it Scotland, Wales, England etc as it might give other solo female members a chance to meet up with you for a bit of support on the first time or two wilding
I feel a lone woman traveler meet up on the horizon. 😂😂

And don’t forget the Rapido twins meet ups Which usually involved vodka
0052F32E-8257-4B01-8BB3-2CBA2DD5F7AA.jpeg

It's all about feeling safe and not worrying. You have taken the first step by having your dog to keep you company. Next don't get bored and let your mind wonder so have plenty to do, books, TV, radio, hobbies Then build your confidence, use meets, sites, your own drive. Always have two charged phones. Never have a weapon like a knife or baseball bat but what about a child's toy like a rounders bat. Easy to swing or jab with in a confined space. Holding it in a dodgy situation will help you remain calm.
I have met some of the members of the " bitch fest". I strongly recommend you attend. They scare the hell out of me but I am sure you will love them!

TBH
I really don’t think that any kinda purposely allocated weapon for use is the way to go.
Not being funny but I feel confident that ‘I’ could disarm most untrained people of such things if the need ever arises.
Much better to employ measures like -
Distance, Barrier, Noise & Egress rather than like for like Physical Aggression Or relying on Active self Defence.
Just saying

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back