New Insurance Discount for Wildcamping members from AIB - Have a look

Would you cover a non UK resident that has a UK motorhome? I live in Australia (Australian drivers licence) and have a Hymer I use in the UK (and the EU) during summer. I've had insurance for 1 year with another company. Just being a non resident of the UK seems the hurdle for most companies (not sure why it should make a difference). I have asked this question by email, but been asked to phone. I would just like the main question answered before I phone at some weird hour of the night - I don't need a quite by email - just is my being non resident an automatic 'no'.

Would you cover a non UK resident that has a UK motorhome? I live in Australia (Australian drivers licence) and have a Hymer I use in the UK (and the EU) during summer. I've had insurance for 1 year with another company. Just being a non resident of the UK seems the hurdle for most companies (not sure why it should make a difference). I have asked this question by email, but been asked to phone. I would just like the main question answered before I phone at some weird hour of the night - I don't need a quite by email - just is my being non resident an automatic 'no'.

Good Evening,

Unfortunately our current panel of insurers require our clients to be residents of the UK for 6 months or more, so on this occasion much to our disappoint we would be unable to provide a quotation.

Kind Regards

Leah Burt
AIB Insurance
02380 268351

Maybe you could approach the insurer who covers me now (Markerstudy) and add them to your panel? Then you could cover us?

AIB have Markerstudy on their panel as does everyone else it seems but they all quote different prices for, what I suppose, is the same product. I assume the premium depends on how much they want to take as commission. I didn't ask them for a quote this time as they were uncompetitive the last two years and they even lost my car policy this year as they were out by £40.

AIB have Markerstudy on their panel as does everyone else it seems but they all quote different prices for, what I suppose, is the same product. I assume the premium depends on how much they want to take as commission. I didn't ask them for a quote this time as they were uncompetitive the last two years and they even lost my car policy this year as they were out by £40.
Yes it would surprise me if all brokers get the same commission packages, I saved a lot of money initially with aib so grateful of the initial transaction, I have referred one or two folk and they have been uncompetitive that I wouldn’t now, last time I asked for a quote to be frank found them indifferent and certainly don’t seem to want customer retention no attempt to tailor make an insurance which they seemed to in the early days that could be them as a broker or their panel of insurers being less flexible

Had a few quotes today for 20 year old hymer full ncb with euro breakdown been with comfort 5 years they quoted £340, flux £250 seems a no brainer as comfort increase premium year on year. AIB were very expensive when I got a quote couple of years ago but will try them

Just over 300 for me with b/down as i travel down souf its a must as pushing 6.3 tons home is a tad to much at 62 years of age. :unsure:

been happy (not sure if this is the right term as have no issues apart from ordering green card last year which was simple) with comfort for four years despite premiums rising by 20 a year. probably time for a change to shake them up.

£322 with breakdown this morning. The breakdown part was £88. Didn't seem bad to me for a brand new policy with no no claims to transfer across A good few ££ cheaper than Comfort.

Been insured with AIB for the last 5 years and have no complaints - Darren and Jenny always seem to do their best and very quick to deal with any queries. I have tried other companies including Flux but they don't give such a high coverage for the extras such as awning, bike rack, certain personal possessions and so on - scarily some don't cover the kitchen installation; just the vehicle!!!!

Just insured with AIB only £4.50 cheaper than previous company quote but much better cover.

I had some issues with comfort regarding NCD when changing insurance company
Check their NCD policy before committing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back