New Insurance Discount for Wildcamping members from AIB - Have a look

I have nothing but praise for AIB, I have been with them for five years now car and van. Prices did go up this year, that’s not guf it’s a fact. One issue that created the rise was the lack of parts which meant cars were taking longer to repair, meaning hired car costs rose significantly. Also the price of these parts has doubled in many cases over the past three years. My quotes increased by around 15-20% but from what I gather that’s normal. Anytime I phone them I get through in a minute or so, and they have always been very helpful.

Yep there has been huge increases so I kind of expected it. I did alright on the two bikes and the car but took a bit of a hike on the new motorhome. I trust them, their breakdown cover is exceptional and they are extremely helpful. Cheapest is not always the best.

Just come off the phone from AIB, cheapest they can do is £200 more than Caravan Guard which was £104 up on last year. After speaking CG they reduced it to £469 which was slightly dearer than last year. Other quotes were significantly higher.
The only one cheaper with a suitable, comparable policy to CG was Ripe at a very low £255.
AIB said Ripe are fairly new, trying to build a portfolio up so offering low prices.
I don’t need breakdown cover but it is standard with caravan guard they can’t change that.
There is little I can do to lower the price unless I spend a lot of money on a tracker, door locks etc
Best of the more expensive quotes are Caravan Guard.
He had some good feedback on people that have made claims with Ripe, others say is cheap so it’s rubbish but have no experience of them, their underwriters are AVIVA.
Unless you have made a claim with your insurance company you will never know how good or bad they are.
So do I stick with CG or go cheap with Ripe?

Back