New Insurance Discount for Wildcamping members from AIB - Have a look

Noted the Safeguard comment did get a quote from them but it's was £100 more than my renewal. When I explained this to them they all of a sudden found extra discounts to bring it £2 under my renewal. Would have been better if they had just given me a straight forward honest quote in the first place.

Noted the Safeguard comment did get a quote from them but it's was £100 more than my renewal. When I explained this to them they all of a sudden found extra discounts to bring it £2 under my renewal. Would have been better if they had just given me a straight forward honest quote in the first place.

That's Life at the moment everywhere and if you don't ask for discounts why should you automatically get them - it's how businesses make profits.

People soon rush out to shops when they suddenly have a sale on - table and chairs now £500; last week were £750 - you feel you've got a bargain now but why were they £750 in the first place?

Mobile phone companies are the worst at this and you only get discounts when you tell them you are leaving.

I find AIB always do their best and that's all people want - they did go the extra mile for me and are very pleasant to deal with - you have a genuine name and not a number.

I'm just off the telephone with AiB insurance, a chap called Nigel, he couldn't have been more helpful and put my mind at rest transferring insurance from one vehicle to another.

Thanks Nigel!

Cheap

Just insured the ancient camper with AIB, best quote by far. £110 less than current insurer. Spoke to a chap called Dec, helpful.
Jol

I've just switched to AIB.

Very helpful chap called Murray dealt with the details. Much cheaper than my old company so very pleased.

Nice one rob,I'm in my third year with them I think.always had good service,good deals and found Darren and co helpfull

Yep, Have to say, They was good for me as well, Cheaper quote for More coverage in my Policy. I actually went with them BEFORE I joined this site, So will be using the discount Next renewal, So HOPFULLY I should notice an even BIGGER Smile on my face !.

AIB Insurance

Received my renewal notice yesterday from Safeguard - £499😳. Just came off the phone with Murray at AIB - £245😍 Needless to say they got my business. Yet another reason to join Wildcamping!

Second van now insured with AIB at £276, 9k Mileage, 180 days overseas cover, Value 15k, Full no claims,

only 20 pound cheaper for van, however, 20 pound is 20 pound.......dont forget pennies make pounds as my dear dad used to say....

That's your membership paid for .

quite right, thats when i meet up in person (rultand meet hopefully) with ADMIN. because i have no idea how to pay over the computer.....whats more i wouldnt trust computer to any monetary transaction and keep card secure etc. how folks can do banking on line is beyond me....i know its progress, but not for me...lol

still have another 4 cars with insurance due soon (only 1 belongs to me) so probably will try (darren AIB) and see what quote he can give.........fingers crossed......

Just called AIB for new van quote so awaiting price. Sorted £35 to changer new van.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a quote for the Bedford we're hoping to buy - £198 for the year for me + 1 named driver. Bargain! Cheapest elsewhere was £230. Also offering European breakdown cover for £78 :cool1:

Already covered my membership costs!

Just resurrecting this thread having been reminded about it by Maingate and after starting this thread today. https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forum...e-breakdown-cover-vans-over-20-years-old.html

All sounds very positive. I am thinking of leaving Safeguard as they wont cover my van which is now 21 years old for Breakdown cover. I need insurance and breakdown for EU for up to 180 days which looking at page 2 it sounds like AIB can do. Can anyone confirm this first hand on here please?

I tried calling them but was too late tonight so filled in the online thing but I think ill give them a call first thing and ask to speak to Darren or Nigel. Lets hope they can sort me out.

Just resurrecting this thread having been reminded about it by Maingate and after starting this thread today. https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forum...e-breakdown-cover-vans-over-20-years-old.html

All sounds very positive. I am thinking of leaving Safeguard as they wont cover my van which is now 21 years old for Breakdown cover. I need insurance and breakdown for EU for up to 180 days which looking at page 2 it sounds like AIB can do. Can anyone confirm this first hand on here please?

I tried calling them but was too late tonight so filled in the online thing but I think ill give them a call first thing and ask to speak to Darren or Nigel. Lets hope they can sort me out.

My hymer is a 1994 insured with aib,home start uk and abroad assistance.never had to use thankfully but Had great service and words with Darren.

My hymer is a 1994 insured with aib,home start uk and abroad assistance.never had to use thankfully but Had great service and words with Darren.

Thanks. Will be doing that first thing in the morning.

Wow! WC does it again. Just come off the phone to Darren. Got full six months EU cover including breakdown for £274. Thats £50 cheaper than Safeguard before they binned my breakdown cover and considerably cheaper than any of the quotes I got shopping around yesterday.

Happy with that

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back