Trip to France

I think I still have all the original crap I bought off Ebay under my drivers seat unopened for France from 15 years ago. Hi Viz Jackets, bulbs, crappy triangles. Never used any of it and I stopped bothering with the headlight stickers yonks ago. If you dont drive at night it wont be an issue anyway.

As for the French LPG adaptor its a much easier fill than it is here Kev. I wish ours were the same. Such a faff in comparison.

This might not apply to you but another little thing I always found useful in France was one of those plug in plug testers on a short lead with an EHU plug on the other end. The number of EHU sockets you go to only to find they are not working after you rolled out 25 metres of Ehu cable can be quite annoying.

Dont know if its still the case but there used to be a few Aires that not only were free but also had free electric. Usually out in the sticks. You might finally be able to use your toilet Kev as emptying in France is as easy as getting diesel here (Actually easier). More Aires than you can shake a stick at and to empty at a service point is pretty much always free.
Good point on the lights, I'll not bother either.

Yeah looks much more simpler that our goofy system.

Not got a EHU lead in the van, never found a electricytree :D :D

Have a look at the first couple of pages from thread I put together earlier this year, which details some info of the WW2 landings.

Have a look at the first couple of pages from thread I put together earlier this year, which details some info of the WW2 landings.

I' did look at that a while ago and have it bookmarked.

How disabled friendly are those places, I can walk a bit if I can sit down often and can do stairs if not many and I have a Scooter for longer distances.

Can’t say really, as not something I really have concern myself about. That said though, certain sections eg Arromanches has some hilly aspects to it, nothing to challenging though. Many of the D-Day memorial sites have their own car parks with a short walk to cemeteries etc.

Interesting, I've never tasted durex .
Neither have I but you can always use your imagination, just thinking about my experience, I didn't really taste much of the andouillettes, the look and smell was probably enough.

I hate you all, you’ve spoilt my suggestion with your prejudiced rants against this delightful, fragrant and tasty offering from the heights of French cuisine :ROFLMAO: . Now Kev will never know the delight of cooking up rancid pushbike inner tubes

I must say I also have a string dislike of Toulouse sausages as well.
Have to disagree with you re the Toulouse sausage. Far superior to our emulsified high-fat offal tubes. :)

I' did look at that a while ago and have it bookmarked.

How disabled friendly are those places, I can walk a bit if I can sit down often and can do stairs if not many and I have a Scooter for longer distances.

France is pretty good at disabled access Kev from memory with the added bonus that parking is usually easier also. Another reason to use the Aires, even if its just to park up when visiting a place. A lot of them are in towns and villages. The nearer they are to an attraction or a popular destination though generally the more cramped and less attractive they are. The best ones are out in the sticks, more remote villages or the edges of towns.

When I went on the BMW in 89 we stayed on Municipal sites, are they still a thing or have they turned into aires?

I'm just covering all the bases, not actually ordered them yet but they're in my basket.

Do I need to inform insurance or am I automatically covered for the EU?

Back