Trip to France

There are several items which must be carried in France.
Paperwork, which you seem to have covered.
Hi-Vis for each occupant, in a place that can be reached before leaving vehicle.
Warning Triangle.
You will also need to 'adjust' headlights, most often done nowadays by blanking the headlight to eliminant the UK side kick up.
A Crit-Air sticker might be handy if you stray into a clean air zone.

For the time period you are considering there's plenty to do and see in France, you'll hardly be scratching the surface.
Where Can I find more info about the head lights & where do I get the Crit-Air sticker from?

Brother from another mother, can't do with other people, Liz is very gregarious but not so much when we're in the van parked up, I gave her a warning early on that we don't know these people and their motives so be polite then tell em to feck off, our greatest fear is that BarryD pulling in behind us one day.

Got the WC app and the others we're not allowed to mention already installed on tabs n phones, I have 100gb per month for £10 on Voda via TalkMobile
You've done your homework !
Data usually limited to 25gb
Critair is purchased online . As usual just make sure you are on official site

Does your SIM card allow for ‘roaming’?

type in crit air application into Google and you will see.

Not sure what we're allowed but we should be okay unless Liz goes barmy on WhatsApp, I tend to use it for Google maps mainly and the occasional forum post.

Where Can I find more info about the head lights & where do I get the Crit-Air sticker from?
The Crit Air should be ordered from here. https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/ you will need to attach a photo of one of the pages V5c, and you use the 'car' category, usually they work out from date of registration what Euro your van is.
For headlights you need to post what model van you have and someone will be able to tell you, e.g. we have a x250 and use headlamp protectors all the time, these have marks on them showing where to blank off when driving on the right.

toured france last september for the first time in about 7 years (as opposed to blasting straight through ) a lot of the good aires have been taken over by camping-car parks it’s not a bad system anything from €11_€14 mostly inc electric basically you put credit on a card and use the card to enter & exit then they deduct cost of stay from credit, plus a lot of the aires now use differing systems of payment normally about the same prices though there are still a few out of the way lovely free stops, the biggest thing i found was the sheer cost of everything where we blame brexit for our cost of living increase france has gone from much cheaper than the u k to be even dearer
IMG_1795.jpeg

I was a tiny bit concerned about filling GPL, but this video shows me all I needed to know. Where would we be without YouTube sometimes.

Where else can you use the France adaptor?

What the video doesn't show is how to pay at pump for LPG if the station is unattended. Supermarket LPG pumps tend to have the payment terminal on an adjacent diesel/petrol pump and you have to select your (LPG) pump number or fuel type.

https://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/ is very useful for finding filling stations and prices for all fuels, but particularly for LPG, which is generally readily available, but nothing like as common as that YouTuber suggested. In some rural areas (and particularly mountainous ones) you might have to drive a considerable distance to find LPG. That government website is more reliable than apps such as FillLPG or myLPG.eu as the government tends to know where the filling stations are and the filling stations are legally required to send regular reports of the prices they are charging.

I don’t know how it’s happened, but, when I checked my wife’s useage for her mobile the other day it shows as unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 5000gb of data! She pays £6.79 per month. On O2 was Virgin.

There must be a mistake somewhere, but I’m bu%%ered if I’m going to ask if it is correct, and just go with it.

I don’t know how it’s happened, but, when I checked my wife’s useage for her mobile the other day it shows as unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 5000gb of data! She pays £6.79 per month. On O2 was Virgin.

There must be a mistake somewhere, but I’m bu%%ered if I’m going to ask if it is correct, and just go with it.
I was wrong it's only 70gb pm

1703262132852.png

I have just checked to see when a magazine subscription expires as there is a free gift if I renew for 12 months.

at the end of last year I subscribed at £50 a year and got a free rucksack that I sold on eBay as ‘unwanted Xmas gift’ and made more than £50 after fees - success! All this years mags have cost nowt.

my subscription apparently still has 15 fifteen issues to come.
a. I won’t renew
b. I’m not going to ask why.
c. I did have to let them know that 3 issues didn’t turn up through the year and they resent them.

as you know Kev we always "do" France every year with motorbike in tow.
Never been that early in the year though and we always stop at campsites anyway.
If you are going to Dunkirk then its a bit of a trek east to do the WW2 Normandy landing sites etc..
think that you would be best off doing Portsmouth to Caen really with Brittany ferries (a nice overnight crossing)
Anyway.. enjoy your trip and don't forget to stock up on some good old British bacon before you leave as the froggies equivalent is just some wafer-thin shite ham stuff ;)

Don't plan too much and check weather forecasts for what you are looking for. Download a good motorhome parking ap , there are several available.
Our own app has many locations you won't find on other apps. Always refer to our app first.

The information is reliable and pretty up-to-date.

Back