Trip to France

I just realised the significance of the last day, but I think we might be home by then anyway.
Bear in mind that that day would be very busy in the vicinity of the D-Day beaches and that there would probably be significant road closures in order to facilitate travel of dignitaries attending commemoration events.

I've been googling for info, only two private companies doing them that I can see, so about as valid as a old fashioned video shop card or a library card, all it does is tell someone you have a disability, I doubt it has any legality.

Maybe someone knows better.

We will also be there towards the end of our trip. Coming back via Caen. Most of the hoards should be gone. 9th June.

Been to Normandy around the 6th June time a few times and for the 65th events in 2009. Its actually a good time to go. Lots going on and it never felt crowded to me.

I'm just checking a few things

Google Maps uses approximately 0.67MB of data per minute for navigation. This means that it uses around 40MB of data per hour.10 Mar 2023.

Not a concern, I had already downloaded updated maps for CoPilot though.

How much data YouTube uses per hour?
Standard Definition (SD): Approximately 360MB per hour. High Definition (HD - 720p): Around 720MB per hour.17 Jan 2024

So I won't be keeping up with my subs on there then..

So much for getting all my prep done, I'd printed out last year's ins certificate :rolleyes: :rolleyes: this years done now.

the Crit Air sticker has been kept with all the other stuff to go with us to France V5 etc, so you look at it and the facing page is all English, it tells you the instructions are on the back but are in French ****, so I go to the website to watch a video, also in french.

1713968035341.png

1713968073175.png

The next problem is it has NOT been stamped correctly so because it is a security sticker (why would you break into a vehicle to steal one?) you can't actually remove it so I had to cut out a square and use the sticky plastic that is a supposed to pull it off the letter, stick it on the disc then stick that to the screen INSIDE.

We are not amused, TF it only needs doing once.

the Crit Air sticker has been kept with all the other stuff to go with us to France V5 etc, so you look at it and the facing page is all English, it tells you the instructions are on the back but are in French ****, so I go to the website to watch a video, also in french.

View attachment 130369

View attachment 130370

The next problem is it has NOT been stamped correctly so because it is a security sticker (why would you break into a vehicle to steal one?) you can't actually remove it so I had to cut out a square and use the sticky plastic that is a supposed to pull it off the letter, stick it on the disc then stick that to the screen INSIDE.

We are not amused, TF it only needs doing once.

You can click on the settings in subtitles and change the translation to English on the video. It says stick it on the "outside" not inside.

Yeah but it DOES go INSIDE, it's crap translation for must be able to be seen from OUTSIDE.

Last edited:
Yeah but it DOES go INSIDE, it's crap translation for must be able to be seen form OUTSIDE.

I turned the translation on and what it actually says is the driver needs to attach it to his forehead for inspection at border and toll control stations where he must exit the vehicle, flap his arms and squawk like a chicken for 30 seconds in front of the security booth. Its because of Brexit.

We're not even bringing back anything for us, Liz is planning on bringing back 6 bottles of wine for her daughter, we just won't have the space as she's filled with a lot of stuff we don't need or even want, she has this thing about empty spaces, she doesn't like em.

Back