Trip to France

I've not wanted or needed a Credit Card for about 20 years, Liz has a HSBC & a Halifax one, I don't think it's worth getting any more as she rarely uses them at all.

I've not wanted or needed a Credit Card for about 20 years, Liz has a HSBC & a Halifax one, I don't think it's worth getting any more as she rarely uses them at all.

Is it a Halifax Clarity card Liz has? If it is just use that but make sure you pay it off each month.

I hated the idea of credit cards also but on the length of trips we did in Euroland sometimes up to six months it dont half add up the difference in savings in the end. For six weeks or whatever you are doing maybe not so much.

Not sure, how does it save you money though?

Better exchange rate than most or at least it was, no charges for using it if you pay it off each month. What I did is I set up an automatic DD from my current account to pay whatever the balance was each month so I never had to worry about it. Back then it was the card of choice. Maybe others are as good now I dunno.

A kind member has offered his discount code but it's for Britanny Ferries and they don't go from Dover to Calais, does anyone have one we can use around the 25th April?

Bow Scrape etc.

It's mega annoying that the van, car and breakdown all need to be renewed while we are away, I have Tunnel Bear on my phone and I'm taking my laptop with me but???

How do I use it on my laptop, I assume it's link to the phones hotspot or find a WiFi, but it's very new to me.

I have TB on my phone and I have just downloaded the Chrome extension too.

We just went to Asda for a few bits n pieces and Lunch (diaflippingbollical), I saw these things £1 for 4 so picked them up for the van, easy to stack/store.

I have a couple of plastic bowls already from when we were in a tent and for breakfast cereal they're better than malamine or porcelain.

1713102258037.jpeg

It's mega annoying that the van, car and breakdown all need to be renewed while we are away, I have Tunnel Bear on my phone and I'm taking my laptop with me but???

How do I use it on my laptop, I assume it's link to the phones hotspot or find a WiFi, but it's very new to me.

I have TB on my phone and I have just downloaded the Chrome extension too.

You really shouldn't need a VPN to renew breakdown and insurance etc while away. I never have. If you are using a UK sim card chances are it will think you are in the UK anyway possibly. Have you tested linking the laptop to your phone? As you say just switch on the phones hot spot and connect the wifi to the phone as you would any wifi connection.

Yeah, we're on Virgin and it's forever dropping out so I just use the hotspot, even Liz has to sometimes.

Hasn’t your Virgin been migrated across to O2? The limit on O2 is 25gb abroad. Sue had a Virgin SIM card and that was changed for the O2 one. Somehow they’ve got her allowance wrong, she gets unlimited data etc for £7.14 a month.

Not on Virgin for the phone Si, I'm on Talk mobile which runs on the Vodaphone network here.

Not on Virgin for the phone Si, I'm on Talk mobile which runs on the Vodaphone network here.
Scratches head and asks, what have I missed here then?

Yeah, we're on Virgin and it's forever dropping out so I just use the hotspot, even Liz has to sometimes.

I presume that you've read the acceptable use poicy, which states:

"
Date when joined TalkmobileRoaming Fair Use Limit*
Joined or upgraded with us before 14 March 202315GB per billing month
Joined or upgraded with us on or after 14 March 20235GB per billing month
"

Yes TV/Internet is on Virgin but when it drops the net i put the phone on hotspot which is on Talkmobile seemples

I presume that you've read the acceptable use poicy, which states:

"
Date when joined TalkmobileRoaming Fair Use Limit*
Joined or upgraded with us before 14 March 202315GB per billing month
Joined or upgraded with us on or after 14 March 20235GB per billing month
"
Joined 2006 i just ring them up and they give me what I ask for, loyalty for a change.

I thought after Toms post I really should check, glad I did, not that I can do much about it.

15gb per month roaming.

I can add to it.
1 day = £2.25
8 days = £10
15 days = £15

But I only get an extra 15gb regardless of which option I choose.

On the plus side we have that on two phones, the nice lady said to get a local SIM, so I may go down that route if the data starts to disappear to quickly, it'll renew on the 18th of May again so it might be enough

Does anyone know how much the EU networks charge UK customers to use their networks?

I thought after Toms post I really should check, glad I did, not that I can do much about it.

15gb per month roaming.

I can add to it.
1 day = £2.25
8 days = £10
15 days = £15

But I only get an extra 15gb regardless of which option I choose.

On the plus side we have that on two phones, the nice lady said to get a local SIM, so I may go down that route if the data starts to disappear to quickly, it'll renew on the 18th of May again so it might be enough

Does anyone know how much the EU networks charge UK customers to use their networks?

Use it sparingly then. No iPlayer, youtube or streaming. Well not much anyway. There is usually an app to check data usage.

Don’t forget the other option, did I mention it on here?

Go into LeClerc supermarket and buy a loaded data sim ‘Reglomobile’ of various qty of GB , use it for a month and either throw away and buy another, or add data to it online. I never did choosing to buy another , the card itself effectively costs you €5. Or it did last time I got one, as you can see cheap as chips _ but only 11gb outside of France.

Look on here, there’s an English option

IMG_9840.png

Back