Soooo What’s for Dinner

Pheasant dinner prepared and cooked by daughter, shot by yours truly last year.
Stocks are running low due to not being able to shoot at present, 4 pheasants, 2 greylag geese is all that's remaining in game freezer. 😭😭😭😭

Yesterday I saw a Portuguese chap walking down the road, holding a HUGE rabbit....think that was for his dinner very soon.

We got all prissy and health and safety after mad cow disease in the UK.
Bones were removed from all sort of cuts of meat willy nilly thereafter.
A good example of the knock on effects of bad husbandry in the food chain 😡

Meat cooked on the bone always tastes good.
It's also the fat on meat that gives it a lovely flavour.
A good quality, slow cooked rib of beef is a dish you'd serve up to the gods! 😋😋😋

Same goes for pork and lamb etc.
I like Meat From the Bone,,,,,Cooking it is Optional & dependant on time I have !.

dunno....however been fancing roast lamb dinner for a long time now......also fancy fish and chip...however.....neither will i be getting to night.....or soon even.......
probably have lots of veg tonight..with what/////i dont know yet........
just had some salad and tuna in pitta bread pockets about half an hour ago.

oh..while im here.....can anyone tell me if bottle of virgin olive oil which has frozen (not in freezer) can it be used once it has stood in the warmth and has unfroze.........thanks

OH TRIXIE !.
You’re SO indecisive, Just do a Lucky dip in the Fridge/Freezer/Cupboards without looking & Chuck it in a pan 🤣🤣🤣😊👍

OH TRIXIE !.
You’re SO indecisive, Just do a Lucky dip in the Fridge/Freezer/Cupboards without looking & Chuck it in a pan 🤣🤣🤣😊👍
yes indeed zombie...decision making is not my strong point now........plus i have to watch what i eat etc.....anway any chance you could answer my question re.olive oil which i put in my post...............enjoy your dinner tonight :) :) :) :)

Yes, Perfectly Safe to use when back to room temperature,
Mine often goes Cloudy or semi solid when in my store cupboard outside
thanks zombie......mine went really solid and frozen..only bought it 3 weeks ago and used about a quarter of it so far...........tiss kept in the kitchen cupboard.....HUH............

oh..while im here.....can anyone tell me if bottle of virgin olive oil which has frozen (not in freezer) can it be used once it has stood in the warmth and has unfroze.........thanks

You olive oil will be fine, Trixie.

The bottles we have stored out in the garage have gone the same when the weather dropped really cold.

Cold/frost turns the oil cloudy, but once up to room temperature it goes back to normal.
Does it no harm at all (y)

We had lamb dinner today trixie and NZ 12 Jaffa cakes!!
thank you jeanette......thats really making me mouth water........juicey lamb straight out of t,oven....cor i can just taste it...........MMmmmmmm delicious /////

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back