Soooo What’s for Dinner

Hey Well done you,,,,
I honestly can’t cook at all, I just chuck things on the Electric Grill, or in a frying pan & Hope for the best 🤷🏻‍♂️, After all THAT is what ‘Sauces & Condiments’ are for, & Believe me I’ve got Plenty of them -
86F82EC2-A5F7-438C-A4D3-DAE0796FA68E.jpeg

tea tonight was a costco burger(gotta agree with wully about the quality of their meat) had a sourdough baguette grilled 8oz burger with fried onions smoked bacon & stilton cheese nothing else required but half a bottle of 14% rioja heaven

Mmmmmm, Although I have never been able to drink & actually enjoy ANY red wine.
For me it’s Cider, Vodka, White Wine, Prosecco & on very special occasions a pink Laurent Perrier.

Preferably by themselves, occasionally A Cpl of different options over the evening.

NZ, do you use a wok? Think either that or a double skillet is my best cooking pan in the van. We have no grill or oven just double hob. Manage everything with these pans.

Mmmmmm, Although I have never been able to drink & actually enjoy ANY red wine.
For me it’s Cider, Vodka, White Wine, Prosecco & on very special occasions a pink Laurent Perrier.

Preferably by themselves, occasionally A Cpl of different options over the evening.
its taken me years to find a red wine I actually like the taste of but got there in the end.

And my life just keeps getting better !.

So, I’m back at a place I’ve parked up & Worked many times over the years, I’ve just taken delivery of 12ton of top soil, 3 Pallets of Turf, Some External Plumbing fittings & Whatever else, Dotted the Materials ALL over the place & Covered with sheets to keep the terrible hard rain that’s soaked my to the bones & trying to turn the turf & soil into a Brown slimy soup.
& as I went past Boxy to get some more sheets someone had left a present for me under the Door in a box.
4127322A-2C9A-4587-A14D-3F46A88239BB.jpeg

Don’t know what it is yet, but looking like Lasagna ish to me !.
I think I know who it was, so will call them now

NZ, do you use a wok? Think either that or a double skillet is my best cooking pan in the van. We have no grill or oven just double hob. Manage everything with these pans.
Yes, Well yes I ‘Use’ too.
But now I use an electric frying pan/Slow Cooker & it’s absolutely Brilliant but not a wok.

Mmmm, What kinda Soup ?.
& I LOVE chunky paw fulls of Ripped BUTTERD’ Crusty Bread to dunk with it.
Do you or don’t you ‘Butter’ ?

bengali burgers and spud salad washed down with a cuppa and jammy coconut traybake . sorted

Rib of beef cooked in red wine in the slow cooker, over carrots, onions and mushrooms, and served with crispy potatoes. Date & coconut slices hot from t'oven for after. It's a damp day, needed comfort food!

Blinking hell , sounds Yummy. You’re all a creative bunch aren’t you.
Not cooked in the van though. Couldn't do it if on the road. Saw the lump of beef today, haven't seen the cut before in portugal... @ €3.98 kg, so €2.20 for our portion, it was worth a punt! Smells good.

I stuck these on 9 o’clock this morning low and slow 9 hours on the smoker. Cheap cuts of belly pork from Costco a couple of quid. I’m finding meats with more fat are cooking better and tastes better especially pork. Beef needs too much work and easy to dry out or overcook. There was 4 but I ate one as it fell apart it’s that tender.

B74C004E-6766-44DF-9FD5-DAA357816D4A.jpeg
10058D4E-D954-4BC5-9EE9-8A5DF0467E98.jpeg

I stuck these on 9 o’clock this morning low and slow 9 hours on the smoker. Cheap cuts of belly pork from Costco a couple of quid. I’m finding meats with more fat are cooking better and tastes better especially pork. Beef needs too much work and easy to dry out or overcook. There was 4 but I ate one as it fell apart it’s that tender.

View attachment 92343View attachment 92344
ThE cut of beef I got would have been perfect. Thick slice, lots of fat and on the bone. Never seen it in uk!

ThE cut of beef I got would have been perfect. Thick slice, lots of fat and on the bone. Never seen it in uk!

We got all prissy and health and safety after mad cow disease in the UK.
Bones were removed from all sort of cuts of meat willy nilly thereafter.
A good example of the knock on effects of bad husbandry in the food chain 😡

Meat cooked on the bone always tastes good.
It's also the fat on meat that gives it a lovely flavour.
A good quality, slow cooked rib of beef is a dish you'd serve up to the gods! 😋😋😋

Same goes for pork and lamb etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back