Pros and Cons of Fulltiming

image.jpg

Now a possible ‘Con’ to the worcin Fulton way ov life is Trin tooo keep up wig the Alllmost unendin Suply of Home / Farm mad Wine that new Friends & Old Just INSISSSST On plying you wiv betweenness of food.
Do ewe Know what, Boxy is looking SO SO much better tonight !.

Last edited:
Good Morning Guys,
Although this might be a bit of a boring post to many, It’s also one that is a necessity for most Fulltime Livaboards From time to time.
That of Washing & Drying Clothing & Bedding.
Now I use to do ALL this onboard my much missed ‘The Nest’, But as I’m in Boxy now it just isn’t set up for this chore, So I’ve gotten into the habit of using Public Accessible Washing machines typically found at Garages & Supermarkets.
I prefer the Supermarket (Typically Morrison’s) ones as I can combine it with 24hr Access, So Parking isn’t a problem if you get there around an hour before they open.
Then Sort you’re stuff & -
D287FA8F-AA54-4756-96FC-96251C6BD9E8.jpeg

73DBA00A-6EAE-4ABB-A22B-8EB9ACF81862.jpeg

D1890C50-AA43-48AD-8ED4-EE3D26445227.jpeg

25248846-3B9F-4538-9981-EB40289FA437.jpeg

729AA793-F2E6-4F97-B879-760E206DC506.jpeg

3DB662F2-9E4F-4918-85D6-04A78028AE99.jpeg

FBB9AFD0-79A4-4435-99C1-CB743A799230.jpeg

87565E95-D9D8-4F4D-808F-3F806017568C.jpeg

0271F96C-4BDF-4075-B29C-20F913789719.jpeg

7BE6C893-A110-4FA4-A163-5A022277D359.jpeg

When Washed & Dried i stow it away onboard then Do my Donut Shopping & a Coffee, Get rid of a carrier bag or so of rubbish in the bin, Use their Toilets & I’m ready for the ‘Off’ again 😊👍

Last edited:
wish we had a washing machine at our supermarkets/garages....be it morrisons .asda. sainsburies. etc........nearest one is the other side of town.........

OMG—OMG—OMG it’s just dawned on me 😱

So, It’s been a Country wide Lockdown for an unprecedented length of time, & as a Working Fulltime Live-aboard if shuffled around with little problems at all during this time quite nicely with Less Traffic l, More Park ups, No sense of Time, now We’re ‘Kinda’ Out of lockdown to some degree, & it’s a Bank Holiday weekend 🤔,,,
& I’ve chosen to travel from Just Outside Whitby to Just Outside Outside Lynton in North Devon !. (Currently Just Outside Evesham so have got the DEVON leg to go)
if only Zombies had a Brain 🤯...
NOW the question is, Do I stay kinda put until Tuesday morning as I’ve got 3 park ups I can use within say a 10 mile circuit, or Brave the Hoards on the A39 North Devon Migration trail 🤔

Last edited:
Hmm. Depends how desperate you are to get further into Devon and hit your final destination?

My gut instinct, if it were me, would be to travel later this evening or tonight if you want to go for it.

That's if you'd be happier getting to your original planned destination in deepest darkest Devon and getting settled in before the hordes awake and start to descend on Devon's roads and beauty spots tomorrow (Good Friday)? o_O :oops:

Whichever, good luck and drive safely (y);)

OMG—OMG—OMG it’s just dawned on me 😱

So, It’s been a Country wide Lockdown for an unprecedented length of time, & as a Working Fulltime Live-aboard if shuffled around with little problems at all during this time quite nicely with Less Traffic l, More Park ups, No sense of Time, now We’re ‘Kinda’ Out of lockdown to some degree, & it’s a Bank Holiday weekend 🤔,,,
& I’ve chosen to travel from Just Outside Whitby to Just Outside Outside Lynton in North Devon !. (Currently Just Outside Evesham so have got the DEVON leg to go)
if only Zombies had a Brain 🤯...
NOW the question is, Do I stay kinda put until Tuesday morning as I’ve got 3 park ups I can use within say a 10 mile circuit, or Brave the Hoards on the A39 North Devon Migration trail 🤔

This weekend should only be day trippers, the 12th is when self catering accommodation can open. :unsure:

This weekend should only be day trippers, the 12th is when self catering accommodation can open. :unsure:

The day trippers will probably be bad enough for now, Ian :unsure: :oops:

If Tynemouth beach was anything to go by beginning of this week - and that's nowhere near same sort of honey spot as Devon beaches !
The cold weather forecast might keep numbers down, depends how desperate people are to get away.

Oh my head hurts 🤯

Right,,,Right Then, I’ve made a Decisive Decision in so far as I’m going to have a Cuppa & a Donut To Seriously think about making a Decisive Decision 👍
So did you stay put? Decisively, if course!
Those washing machines are almost identical to the ones here in Portugal at Intermarche...use them regularly....but do a lot of wiping before and after use...handles etc....occasionally leave a load at a friend's house to be done if in full, no going out of council area, lockdown ( like now!)

I'm temped by fulltiming, but I would have nobody who can pick my mail. How do you deal with letters from the DVLA, insurance, etc, registering with a GP, etc?

It's a question that crops up a lot.
I don't know much about it myself, but here's a useful link put up by another member previously that you might find helpful?

http://www.boatmail.co.uk

There are lots of other threads covering all aspects of full timing if you use the search facility.
As a free member, some of the aspects of the forum may not be accessible though. Might be worth considering joining as a full member?

Here's just one thread about full timing here. Some of the responses cover mail :-

https://wildcamping.co.uk/threads/how-do-you-do-it.76853/

Obviously get as much ‘Paperless ’ as possible.
Phone can be PAYG with Unlimited everything.
Medical needs can be Pharmacy & Walk In centres with Hospital for more serious out of hours Emergency Stuff.
Registration for the other main bits like PAYE, Driving Licence, Bank, Credit Cards, Vehicle registration, Insurance etc has to be at an address So -

Pay a Friend / Relative a few quid to use theirs, Proved them with some extra cash to Then Parcel Up & Forward to ? Wherever you’re going to be at a certain day. (Better if there not on any Benefits or Pensions).
Pay Rent on a Postal Address Or Online Office Facility & Pay Someone to Occasionally call in Collect & Forward - Try the back of ‘The Lady’ magazine.
Pay Rent on a ‘Room’, Pay Someone to Occasionally Call in Collect & Forward.
Pay for an all year seasonal pitch on a site that will allow mail & Parcels. somewhere to Use as a base.

Last edited:
I wonder what the Freedom you all seem to have is exactly ?? living as we do in bricks and mortar and having a van is great, we can go off in it any time we want to Europe England or any where else for that matter, we are retired so have all the time in the world to do this, so is your freedom any different to ours or others like us who still love travelling but are static at home ?
When we finished working 23 years ago we considered selling all and going full time but didn't , we just went off for long trips all over, we already had a Motorhome and loved the life,and over the years we believe we made the right decisions for us to keep our home,
I know the problems living static in a house present and I know the problems van living also present so we have both lots to contend with and know how to deal with them, often the dreams of full timing and freedom are in reality just that dreams, but we are all so lucky to be able to make our choices .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back