Pros and Cons of Fulltiming

This sounds like the best solution but I don't think there are any that I know of that allow 12 months pitch (this is quite common in Germany for example). I asked on other forums and the general consensus was that campsite/mobile home site owners would rather sell than rent on a 12 months basis. I hope I'm wrong. I started investigating the matter a few months ago and then I gave up.
There are a few 12 month licences sites around, worth a closer look if you think this would suit you 👍

Hey Hi ya Vindiboy,
I’ve actually NEVER lived in a House my entire life, Only staying in one for a few weeks at a time when courting on a few occasions. So it’s just a way of life for me. I live my Lifestyle 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Would it be rude to ask where you lived as a child. Apologies if it is rude...

Would it be rude to ask where you lived as a child. Apologies if it is rude...
Hey Debroos
Not rude at all, Certainly doesn’t offend me (Zombies Have no brain, No feelings 🤣)
I was bought up in Let’s say a Dorm if you like based on a Military School & joined up at the Age of 16 or so as a Junior then on for 10 more years because I was stupid.
All good Memories, Even the bad ones with few regrets 👍
Came out at 26ish, then 15 years or so on Various Boats, Then last 10 years or so in various Vehicles of some description or another, Punctuated as I said with Brief slots of staying in a House when courting or in tied properties issued as part of my work when abroad 😊👍

Last edited:
1) West Midlands but looking to move, ideally Scotland. Also considering NI, for business purposes, but never been there.
2) Move away from the WM, move away from my toxic accommodation, practice my hobbies (music and radio building), one day become self-employed and have a business.
3) For the reasons I have explained a couple of posts above.

Please give me some hints on where to start from. I am not looking for addresses, but a path forward. I'm stuck with my shared accommodation and my life has been on hold for too long. Like I said, I'll definitely invest on full membership once I'm on the road. I also suffer from depression/anxiety and find it difficult to take decisions.
Think carefully before going in a van if you suffer from depression. I know quite a few van lifers who suffer and some of them have a really hard time. If you have a support structure set up now you will probably lose it in a van. It isn’t all travelling around living the high life and it isn’t holidays, there will be spells where you are stuck on your own inside the van. With the Covid situation over the last 12 months this can be alone for long periods.
You need to like your own company unless you have someone with you and then you need to be able to get along in a small space. Think carefully and consider options 👍

1) West Midlands but looking to move, ideally Scotland. Also considering NI, for business purposes, but never been there.
2) Move away from the WM, move away from my toxic accommodation, practice my hobbies (music and radio building), one day become self-employed and have a business.
3) For the reasons I have explained a couple of posts above.

Please give me some hints on where to start from. I am not looking for addresses, but a path forward. I'm stuck with my shared accommodation and my life has been on hold for too long. Like I said, I'll definitely invest on full membership once I'm on the road. I also suffer from depression/anxiety and find it difficult to take decisions.
If you are not tied to an area but do not have a van yet maybe you could start by moving to Scotland where cheaper accommodation can be found and get out of the situation you are in now. I obviously don't know your circumstances but it seems like you need a change but are not ready for van life just yet. All the best.

Hey Guys,,,HAP HAP HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ONE & ALL 😊.
The Pros & Cons for me this Christmas is -
Pros
Me & Boxy are Safe & Enjoying a Lovely Park up ALL to ourselves-
2551EFD0-2F2E-49C6-A8A9-B2FF7194C160.jpeg

Fully Stocked with Food, Water, Gas, Cider & Donuts.
Can Prance around in my Christmas Splender -
2255174B-468D-497D-B3DE-EDFFB8078756.jpeg

Cons -
🤔
🤔
🤔
🤷🏻‍♂️ Nope, got Nothing-
B19660C1-083F-436C-ACEA-F737CF0F461C.jpeg

Great to hear from you, have a great Christmas and be good to see you back here more in the new year.

...HEY ZOMBIE...where you bin a hiding............MERRY CHRISTMAS young man............great to see a post from you..........christmas jumper and all.....you are looking well......hope things have been going ok for you......take care

Zombie. Have missed you. Well I mean missed your contributions to the forums. Glad you are ok. Where you been what you been doing. What you going to be doing. Going. Merry Christmas. Brian

Hey Guys 😋,
Great catching up on some of the Threads, I’ve been Shuffling around & have come almost full circle to just outside Alton in the Midlands (Kinda) where i will be for the next 5-6 Weeks or so as I’ve got to work a contract to put some Traveling money back into the coffers !.
Besides as Trev suggested, Rich pickings with minimal effort for a Zombie at this time of year, I’ve got my Spandex Shuffling Shell Suit On in preparation for the warring down of the over indulged 👍.

Due to NOT being able to fly to Thailand at our usual time (Mid-september) we wer "stuck in the Motorhome until Dec 6th

WE hated it ! Dark at 4pm. No fun going out !.

Fortunately we used the NHS so vaccinations ok and local doctor.
AND a few frinds to visit.
WINTER WAS NEVER IN THE PLAN !
We were lucky/organised to fly out of UK before OMICRON

Hey you 👋👋👋
Yeah been busy, Done a fair bit of Shuffling Around Actually But real life kicks in & have to now earn some Shuffling Tokens for a 6 or 8 week Contract so PLANTED in the West Midlands (Ish) by Uttoxeter.
Still it will give me a chance to do some Maintenance & put Boxy through its MOT as it will soon be THAT time of year again ☹️

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back