Pros and Cons of Fulltiming

Does not look anything like a proper MOT station, where is the shaker suspension bouncer and rolling brake tester.

It only cost £20 All in, & That included Two new Tyres, & Front Tracking So what do you expect 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Well not really,

I had Boxy done at a place called-
D393A90F-C820-4797-836C-EC51F1388301.jpeg

Last edited:
ahh. didnt realize you were in the ripon area zombie......how long are you going to be around for. so pleased that boxy passed mot with full marks......big sigh of relief. celebrations. eh. DOUGHNUTS.......take care

General Question…..
Are you currently having ‘Condensation’ issues particularly on the Front windows that’s been ’Out of Character’ at the moment ?.
I’ve very seldom had condensation ANYWHERE in my vehicles over the years, as always well ventilated.
But the last 3 mornings it’s been really REALLY bad However JUST on the front windshield.
That’s been over 3 different park ups, Facing 3 different orientations 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know it’s obvious but I find it depends on the temperature difference inside to out and outside weather conditions. Also what you use to close off cab area or shield the front windows.

Have the last three nights where you have stayed been very still? Bit of breeze outside helps keep it clear

Hey Nab,
Yeah I think you’re right as far as the Temperature difference is, I’ve got a Internal & External weather station thingymabob & the relative Humidity is ALWAYS higher Externally than initially, Conversely the Temperature is ALWAYS higher Internally than Externally (at this time of year) 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️,
I use Lined Curtains to divide Han/Cab. & I’ve had Two still (ish) nights & One slightly breezy night over the last 3.
Noticibilly bad condensation on all 3 mornings 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Got a bit of a Blow forecast later, so maybe that will help-
DCBE1177-4400-47BA-A06B-18EDB316D5BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Well-
A Much Warmer night with an Average of 6°C difference between Internal & External Temperatures, 20% Difference between Internal & External Relative Humidity, & a Windy Night produced Absolutely NO Condensation this morning YAAAAAA !

Well, Another morning & it appears it’s all back to Normal waking up to Absolutely NO Condensation anywhere YAAAAA,
My thoughts are-
If the External temperature gets anywhere down to around the 4°C mark & under, Especially on windless nights it’s a bit of a fight to beat the Wet stuff from building up on the inside of the front window.🤔

Well, Another morning & it appears it’s all back to Normal waking up to Absolutely NO Condensation anywhere YAAAAA,
My thoughts are-
If the External temperature gets anywhere down to around the 4°C mark & under, Especially on windless nights it’s a bit of a fight to beat the Wet stuff from building up on the inside of the front window.🤔
I definitely notice it more when there is no breeze, and of course foggy/wet times

Sooo,
I’ve left the southern softness of Stow on the Wold area’s & decided to head a tad North, in doing so I was AMAZED that I hadn’t noticed that a service station that I often pop into for a Burger King (KNUTSFORD) has actually got an external Laundry machine now…I like these facilities, & as a Fulltimer use them a fair bit, the problem is you have to be organised as you only get 2hr parking from when you drive in,
12C27418-BA98-4CCE-9D54-F6C568ACB6C2.jpeg
7CB6A99C-CC0B-44A3-AEA8-C36D0FDCBE8B.jpeg

Sooo,
I’ve left the southern softness of Stow on the Wold area’s & decided to head a tad North, in doing so I was AMAZED that I hadn’t noticed that a service station that I often pop into for a Burger King (KNUTSFORD) has actually got an external Laundry machine now…I like these facilities, & as a Fulltimer use them a fair bit, the problem is you have to be organised as you only get 2hr parking from when you drive in,
View attachment 118492View attachment 118493
We saw some when we got broke down at “somewhere” services a couple of weeks ago … I dread to think how much to do a load but still handy all the same.

Round here the local outdoor laundry unit is often used by us folks who have a horsey as well as a campervan to wash rugs, etc. Really good at the end of winter when you have a load of muddy, hairy horsey rugs to wash off...

Great for big duvets too, but always good to check they're clean inside ;-)

All the ones I've seem appear to be "Revolution" units - find them here:

They send a TXT message to your phone when done, so handy to fill one up then come back when it goes ping...

-G

I ‘THINK’ maybe earlier in this very thread I posted a series of pictures as a visual guide for fellow ’Lifers’ & alike on how to use these facilities. (yep back on page 21ish)
I like them 👍

Last edited:
there is a couple of garages in newton aycliffe nr. darlington just off A1 which has these laundry facilities. they are very pricey tho.

Soooo,
As some that know me might know, I travel around the Uk in a kinda deformed figure 8 in order to earn a few shackles that then supports my Full time Livaboard lifestyle, & Keeps me in Copious amounts of Donuts.
I’m actually in the Lake District at the moment to help Plough & Drill some Barley in, But as it’s FAR to wet on the fields at the moment I’m just helping out in taking some Beef stock to market.
The Daily amount of SHXT produced by just 70 Head is truly amazing, So first job of the day is Slurring & Scraping up to add to the Pit.
Sooooo come on gang, Let’s get this ‘Poo Engine’ up & running & I will give you a Ladle of Fuel an Hour for your time 😂😂.
55679BF0-4529-4FCD-88A5-987F87D1BF2C.jpeg
B8DED969-4500-47CA-944E-A6C3A1029E1E.jpeg

Sooo, The deal was,
I get a Month of FREE Parking on ANY parcel of land that the Farm owns or Manages per year, & 32 Hours use of a Ferrari 😊👍

Does not look anything like a proper MOT station, where is the shaker suspension bouncer and rolling brake tester.
Rollers can be seen in front of ramp as ramp rests at floor level vehicle can be on ramp while testing rear wheels an bouncer is only required in single operator systems

So,
I think that a DEFINITE Pro to Full timing is, How you DONT take things for granted…& Appreciate What a TREAT an open fire actually is, Especially if you have wet Feet 👍😊
461D5647-9EC4-4D18-BF47-ADBF988E9A16.jpeg

Boxy has even got ‘Heated Wing Mirrors’ 😳
6ADFCEC2-19E9-43A9-A361-FF40497CFFF1.png

Last edited:
Sooo,
Probably one of the BIGGEST ’Cons’ as a Full timer would be,
What to do if you break down in your home on wheels.
Well, Those that know me ALSO know that I lost my Beloved ’Nest’ a few years ago in a Flash flood in wales that resulted in me being Air lifted out of the Torrential waters by Brave People in a helicopters.
As you can imagine, As a Full time Livaboard I lost ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING I possessed in just one night.
so I was Homeless, had only the clothes I stood up in, & Had to THEN deal with the first’COVID’ lock down enforced just a few weeks later.
Yep, Tough Times.
Well, I’ve now lost my replacement Home ‘Boxy’ due to a Catastrophic High pressure Fuel pump shredding itself putting Veins & shrapnel throughout the Entire fuel system into the Injection Pump & injectors themselves let alone all the pipework, 3 different garages assessed & Quoted,
ALL was between £6-6.5K to fix with a warning of associated works that ‘Should’ be done at the same time including Turbo & alike.
So, I’m in a lay-by in the West of Scotland, with a Catastrophic Engine failure that isn’t covered on insurance, 🤔.
So i bought a tent & Scrapped ’Boxy’ for a King’s ransom in Donuts of just over a hundred pounds & lost ALL my stuff for a second time in just a few years.
🤷🏻‍♂️
IMG_3693.jpeg
IMG_3681.jpeg
IMG_3673.jpeg
IMG_3684.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back