Phone holder for Motorhome Windscreen

I reckon it will be more use for music for me! I wanted to put some tracks on today driving down here but couldnt stop to fart on with the phone and the blue tooth thing. :( Radio 2 on a Sunday (well most days) is shite.

Funnily enough I'm just listening to Radio 2 to test some new Ear Buds I've just bought. It's not bad tonight on Paul Gambaccini's show.

Next thing I'm looking for is a portable keyboard, probably a foldable one. I hate using the 'phone keypad.

Whenever you change sat nav you need to give it a while to get used to it. When I first got the Aguri I didn’t like it coming from years of TomToms but I think it’s great now, just works (at least it does for me).
I tried co-pilot on an iPad before getting the Aguri but that was a complete waste of time as the iPad didn’t have gps. I was connecting the iPad to the phone for gps and it was terrible, clunky and big delays at times. If I had an iPad with gps it may have been an option for me but I will never know.
I still have a TomTom rider somewhere and did consider using that but didn’t fancy driving round in my full face flip front Bluetooth helmet lol
Joking aside I wanted something I could put dimensions and weights in, at the time my can was 4t so a bit different to a lot running lighter vans. Now I am at <=3.5t I could run on any sat nav so a bit different criteria. I dropped my original Aguri about a year ago though and I ended up buying another, they have served me that well.

Anyone who is thinking of using an iPad (don’t know if other makes suffer the same) make sure you site it carefully. In hot weather I have iPhones shut down when in direct sun light overheated. You don’t want that if it’s your sat nav as you can almost guarantee it will happen at a bad time.
I bought a GPS Dongle to go with my ipad mini, works quite well.

I reckon it will be more use for music for me! I wanted to put some tracks on today driving down here but couldnt stop to fart on with the phone and the blue tooth thing. :( Radio 2 on a Sunday (well most days) is shite.
Get a DAB radio and tune it to Greatest tits radio, it commercial but really good.

Get a DAB radio and tune it to Greatest tits radio, it commercial but really good.

Nah! Just play downloaded stuff. The radio is brilliant compared to the last one. Michelle will be delighted as it drove her nuts. It had one of those rubbish rubber duck aerials on it and you would tune into Radio 2 or whatever and five miles down the road you would lose it. This new fangled one just keeps it tuned in seamlessly. Technology eh? :D

GHR on FM too, but not everywhere. Anythings better than radio 2. :)

I don't really listen to the radio that much but will check it out. Of course with the phone connected providing there is a data signal you could listen to just about any station from anywhere in the world.

Yes, not hard to listen to anything you want these days. Load of downloaded stuff saves having a tonne of CD's, digital stations from anywhere you want.

I still like FM radio stations when driving (traffic alerts off) makes me feel more of the community. :LOL:

I find that most of the commercial radio stations have the same playlist day after day Kev.

Most of the time now I listen to my own playlists using spotify.

Mine just arrived Barry and I have to say that it is a quality bit of kit. Very well made.

What I hadn't realised though is that the suction cup mount isn't just suction, it is an extremely strong sticky pad so once you have positioned it that is where it stays. You can of course still move it between vehicles by using the vent mount.

I was hoping to use it as a temporary desk top mount for use in the van or on my camping table but because it is a permanent mount I won't really be able to do this.

Having said that, I have just stuck it to my desk and it does come off again with quite a bit of force. The description says that you can reuse it over and over and even wash it and it will still stick but we shall see. Perhaps I'm missing something and you can peel the sticky pad off and use it as a conventional suction cup? I've tried ringing Uncle Tim but I reckon he's stringing some zzzz's together at the moment!

It's no big deal and as I say, a quality bit of kit and I'll stick it on the dash in the van and find a cheap desktop stand.

Mine just arrived Barry and I have to say that it is a quality bit of kit. Very well made.

What I hadn't realised though is that the suction cup mount isn't just suction, it is an extremely strong sticky pad so once you have positioned it that is where it stays. You can of course still move it between vehicles by using the vent mount.

I was hoping to use it as a temporary desk top mount for use in the van or on my camping table but because it is a permanent mount I won't really be able to do this.

Having said that, I have just stuck it to my desk and it does come off again with quite a bit of force. The description says that you can reuse it over and over and even wash it and it will still stick but we shall see. Perhaps I'm missing something and you can peel the sticky pad off and use it as a conventional suction cup? I've tried ringing Uncle Tim but I reckon he's stringing some zzzz's together at the moment!

It's no big deal and as I say, a quality bit of kit and I'll stick it on the dash in the van and find a cheap desktop stand.

Oh thats a bugger as I'll need to remove mine to shut the stupid blinds. Mind you my new fangled Bluetooth plug in audio thing threw a wobbler on the way home today in the middle of playing Blondie at number 11. First of all I discovered the Sat nav plugged in next to it was interfering and making an awful noise through the speakers so I unplugged that which improved it then after a few miles it started bleeping and some voice came out of the radio and then it died so I just unplugged it and threw it on the floor in disgust. Had to go back to radio 2. I blame uncle Tim! Mine hasnt turned up yet anyway. :D

Oh thats a bugger as I'll need to remove mine to shut the stupid blinds. Mind you my new fangled Bluetooth plug in audio thing threw a wobbler on the way home today in the middle of playing Blondie at number 11. First of all I discovered the Sat nav plugged in next to it was interfering and making an awful noise through the speakers so I unplugged that which improved it then after a few miles it started bleeping and some voice came out of the radio and then it died so I just unplugged it and threw it on the floor in disgust. Had to go back to radio 2. I blame uncle Tim! Mine hasnt turned up yet anyway. :D

Stick it to the windscreen in the car Barry then use the vent attachment in the van.

Sounds like it has the same, or similar super sticky gel mine has.
It's true, all you have to do is give it a wipe with damp cloth and it works again. If you move it regularly it's probably fine, if you leave it on for months it's a nightmare to remove. Mine was on windscreen so was able to successfully get it off with a blade.

Sounds like it has the same, or similar super sticky gel mine has.
It's true, all you have to do is give it a wipe with damp cloth and it works again. If you move it regularly it's probably fine, if you leave it on for months it's a nightmare to remove. Mine was on windscreen so was able to successfully get it off with a blade.

Probably Mark. The instructions say when you stick it on the windscreen or dash 'for maximum adhesion leave for 12 hours' which would be a pain for Barry every time he remounted it after opening the blinds! :LOL:

Sorry Barry, shouldn't laugh! :LOL:

I don't use the sound Kev on the bike or in a vehicle it gets on my nerves whatever the voice.

I have never had any problems with it, but then again I'm dead feckin great! :D

Never had a problem with it either. I do agree the map does look a bit Mickey Mouse, and I can ignore the awful voice, none of that stops it being a very good navigation tool.

If I wanted to look at nice maps, I'd pull over and get a paper map out.

Do you get a different route depending on DOB? 😆

I had my TomTom start on the dash today coming down here to Ferrybridge tonight and my phone on the passenger seat (The holder hasnt arrived yet). I have to say I much prefer the TomTom screen and lane guidance etc. Its just terribly old and slow in comparison (starting up). I wonder if google maps can be altered to the view it shows.
Why not try Tomtom for free,

TomTom GO Navigation App - 12 Month Subscription (New Subscribers) -​

FREE With Code summerof2024​

For new car plan subscribers only. The first year is free, after that the subscription is automatically renewed for another year. (you can cancel at any time)

Offer valid until August 15, 2024

promo.tomtom.com/en_…024

In my van I found the best place to stick it was on the quarter light in the door Barry. Funny old dashboard mine, too many curves and where I could get it I reckon I would have got pulled for having an obscured windscreen. Very happy with the position it's in now although I must remember to remove the 'phone before slamming the door I reckon. (yeah like I will!).

1720545732682.jpeg

The vent grip actually works very well so I've stuck that in the car and I can just transfer the top bit of the holder straight onto it.

1720545875037.jpeg

Well chuffed with it as a product, far superior to others I have owned.

In my van I found the best place to stick it was on the quarter light in the door Barry. Funny old dashboard mine, too many curves and where I could get it I reckon I would have got pulled for having an obscured windscreen. Very happy with the position it's in now although I must remember to remove the 'phone before slamming the door I reckon. (yeah like I will!).

View attachment 132967

The vent grip actually works very well so I've stuck that in the car and I can just transfer the top bit of the holder straight onto it.

View attachment 132968

Well chuffed with it as a product, far superior to others I have owned.

Don't think the quarter light would work for me as I have those stupid uncle Remus blinds or whatever they are called.

Its still not arrived. Will chase it up. I bought mine off Ebay instead of Amazon. Cheaper. :ROFLMAO:

I did manage to find a decent setup for using my 'phone for the internet etc when I'm bike camping or in the van. I hate using the keypad on the 'phone so I've now bought a folding bluetooth keyboard and a desk stand - they both work brilliantly and pack up small. The keyboard also has a built in Mouse pad as you can see and that works great once you get used to it.

1720622616914.jpeg

1720622677384.jpeg

Errrr, you not heard of speech to text Rob, you haven’t needed to actually type for years lol

That said, most devices struggle to understand Caz she gets quite angry at rimes and starts shouting at the lights lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back