Phone holder for Motorhome Windscreen

Errrr, you not heard of speech to text Rob, you haven’t needed to actually type for years lol

That said, most devices struggle to understand Caz she gets quite angry at rimes and starts shouting at the lights lol

Yeah and I've used it Neil.

But it's bad enough not actually writing anymore. I've typed all of my life having had a career in IT so I'm used to it but I'm quite fussy about spelling and grammar - even though I get it wrong a lot more these days. But I reckon if I used the speech option it would go out of the window altogether.

Nah I am just crap at looking before I press post Rob. It isn’t so bad when auto correct/predictive text/word substitution does it on typos but it does it when I type proper words spelt correctly. I spot quite a few but miss lots.

I always regret not learning to touch type years ago and yes I know I could learn now but I can’t be arsed lol

Yeah and I've used it Neil.

But it's bad enough not actually writing anymore. I've typed all of my life having had a career in IT so I'm used to it but I'm quite fussy about spelling and grammar - even though I get it wrong a lot more these days. But I reckon if I used the speech option it would go out of the window altogether.

Plus you would sound like a right twat talking to yourself in your tent! :D

You can train them. I think I trained my Realme 8 to understand me better. Its pretty accurate but I always forget to use it. Useful for googling stuff which is a PIA on a phone. Im with you on this one though. Give me a proper laptop with a keyboard any day. I can pretty much type as fast as I talk. :D

Plus you would sound like a right twat talking to yourself in your tent! :D

You can train them. I think I trained my Realme 8 to understand me better. Its pretty accurate but I always forget to use it. Useful for googling stuff which is a PIA on a phone. Im with you on this one though. Give me a proper laptop with a keyboard any day. I can pretty much type as fast as I talk. :D

Yeah but can you type in a northern accent Barry?

I wonder how Glaswegians get on with Voice? I bet the 'phone starts smoking!

The MP Mall Holder finally turned up today. Looks good. I see what you mean about the windscreen holder Rob. Looks very sticky and probably very tricky to get off. I might do what you suggested and stick it in the car and just use the vent holder in the van. Will try it later.

The MP Mall Holder finally turned up today. Looks good. I see what you mean about the windscreen holder Rob. Looks very sticky and probably very tricky to get off. I might do what you suggested and stick it in the car and just use the vent holder in the van. Will try it later.

On the vents in our car it holds really steadily Barry.

As I said in another post though we're getting rid of that car and the next one will probably have different vents. I'll make it part of the deal, the vents must fit the 'phone holder. :giggle:

Errrr, you not heard of speech to text Rob, you haven’t needed to actually type for years lol

That said, most devices struggle to understand Caz she gets quite angry at rimes and starts shouting at the lights lol
I rarely bother typing nowadays, I just edit the odd typos if I spot them.

On the vents in our car it holds really steadily Barry.

As I said in another post though we're getting rid of that car and the next one will probably have different vents. I'll make it part of the deal, the vents must fit the 'phone holder. :giggle:

I've just thought actually.

I would really enjoy stringing a car salesman along for a while and then just as he thinks the deal is done telling him "Sorry, just realised my 'phone holder won't fit the vents". :LOL:

Does that make me a bad man?

(BAD I said Kev, not Sad!)

Liz and I went car hunting when we got the Fiesta we went to a Dacia dealer as we fancied a Stepway, anyway the salesman came and chatted to us we really didn't know for sure which we wanted but the Stepway seemed nice but we thought we ought to try all the others first and he was telling me all about each model as we went from one to the, we did end up with a choice of either the Stepway or the Duster basic models but there were two deal breakers on was I felt the manuals were horrible but the automatics were actually quite good (for Liz) but although they do a dual fuel which is why we went in the first place they didn't and still don't do it in an auto, so we left on the way out the manager came over to see if everything was okay as the salesman was quite new, so I told him that we wanted a dual fuel auto which toy don't do, and also it is my partner who was buying the car and he never spoke directly to her.

Fitted my new holder in the van. It fits nice and tight but the only issue I foresee is the vents are quite loose to direct them left and right. I fitted it to the middle one but on the passenger side as well as I didnt want it too close to the gear knob. Won't know what its like until I try it I guess. Its better there as it will be easy for Michelle to tap it and fcuk it up! :ROFLMAO:

I did manage to find a decent setup for using my 'phone for the internet etc when I'm bike camping or in the van. I hate using the keypad on the 'phone so I've now bought a folding bluetooth keyboard and a desk stand - they both work brilliantly and pack up small. The keyboard also has a built in Mouse pad as you can see and that works great once you get used to it.

View attachment 132997
View attachment 132998
I like that folding keyboard mate. Can you send me a link? guessing it pairs with your phone or Ipad?

My TomTom sat nav is ancient. Ill probably still use it as I like it but more and more I use google maps on my phone. There seems to be loads of phone holders online but can anyone recommend one thats good for the motorhome? One that rotates so you can view in landscape.
I've been using three Vanmass phone holders in 3 different vehicles for last couple of years and they're excellent. screen or dash options for fitting, completely secure grip on phone, portrait or landscape orientation. Initially I was sceptical about how well it'd stick to the windscreen, having tried others in the past, but these fix very securely and won't budge or wobble at all even when screen is hot.

Vanmass

Back