Phone holder for Motorhome Windscreen

Maybe I should give it another look at.
I've been messing with it for about 20-30 minutes, and I still don't like Waze, it is very juvenile to look at, only US voices, just putting in my DOB brought up errors while I was doing it, and the navigation itself wasn't helpful, I'll stick with the others.

I've been messing with it for about 20-30 minutes, and I still don't like Waze, it is very juvenile to look at, only US voices, just putting in my DOB brought up errors while I was doing it, and the navigation itself wasn't helpful, I'll stick with the others.

I don't use the sound Kev on the bike or in a vehicle it gets on my nerves whatever the voice.

I have never had any problems with it, but then again I'm dead feckin great! :D

I don't use the sound Kev on the bike or in a vehicle it gets on my nerves whatever the voice.

Oh Rob you are missing a great tool by not having the sound on, Liz is a bit of a chatterbox and mostly at junctions when you need to consecrate the most, so I have the volume up high and it shuts Liz up and bonus it annoys her as Gmail tends to repeat itself a few times.

...their range of DOBs might not go back that far Kev? 😐

1720270146215.jpeg
1720270146764.jpeg
1720270147288.jpeg

1720270055539.gif

Never had a problem with it either. I do agree the map does look a bit Mickey Mouse, and I can ignore the awful voice, none of that stops it being a very good navigation tool.

If I wanted to look at nice maps, I'd pull over and get a paper map out.

Do you get a different route depending on DOB? 😆

Never had a problem with it either. I do agree the map does look a bit Mickey Mouse, and I can ignore the awful voice, none of that stops it being a very good navigation tool.

If I wanted to look at nice maps, I'd pull over and get a paper map out.

Do you get a different route depending on DOB? 😆
They only ask that to gauge which annoying adverts to throw at you, it's another thing I don't like, none of the other nav apps I use do that.

Whenever you change sat nav you need to give it a while to get used to it. When I first got the Aguri I didn’t like it coming from years of TomToms but I think it’s great now, just works (at least it does for me).
I tried co-pilot on an iPad before getting the Aguri but that was a complete waste of time as the iPad didn’t have gps. I was connecting the iPad to the phone for gps and it was terrible, clunky and big delays at times. If I had an iPad with gps it may have been an option for me but I will never know.
I still have a TomTom rider somewhere and did consider using that but didn’t fancy driving round in my full face flip front Bluetooth helmet lol
Joking aside I wanted something I could put dimensions and weights in, at the time my can was 4t so a bit different to a lot running lighter vans. Now I am at <=3.5t I could run on any sat nav so a bit different criteria. I dropped my original Aguri about a year ago though and I ended up buying another, they have served me that well.

Anyone who is thinking of using an iPad (don’t know if other makes suffer the same) make sure you site it carefully. In hot weather I have iPhones shut down when in direct sun light overheated. You don’t want that if it’s your sat nav as you can almost guarantee it will happen at a bad time.

I suppose one advantage of having the phone clipped into the air vent grill is its less likely to get hot. Ours has a massive Luton sun shade anyway and of course this new fangled Air conditioning :D

Whenever you change sat nav you need to give it a while to get used to it. When I first got the Aguri I didn’t like it coming from years of TomToms but I think it’s great now, just works (at least it does for me).
I tried co-pilot on an iPad before getting the Aguri but that was a complete waste of time as the iPad didn’t have gps. I was connecting the iPad to the phone for gps and it was terrible, clunky and big delays at times. If I had an iPad with gps it may have been an option for me but I will never know.
I still have a TomTom rider somewhere and did consider using that but didn’t fancy driving round in my full face flip front Bluetooth helmet lol
Joking aside I wanted something I could put dimensions and weights in, at the time my can was 4t so a bit different to a lot running lighter vans. Now I am at <=3.5t I could run on any sat nav so a bit different criteria. I dropped my original Aguri about a year ago though and I ended up buying another, they have served me that well.

Anyone who is thinking of using an iPad (don’t know if other makes suffer the same) make sure you site it carefully. In hot weather I have iPhones shut down when in direct sun light overheated. You don’t want that if it’s your sat nav as you can almost guarantee it will happen at a bad time.
Which model of Aguri did you have?

Which model of Aguri did you have?
My first was the 720 de lux with dash am built in but when I came to need the replacement I thought I would save a Bob or two and got the 520 with dash cam built in. Smaller screen but the way it displays maps it hasn’t been a problem with or without my glasses on. Only thing I have found is it doesn’t always know it’s left and right when it gives advice for sharper bends. Never a problem at junctions but bends can be wrong, I just glance at the screen to see which way the road is curving if the bend is too far away to see.

I have a Tomtom truck satnav but if I am in my car I sometimes use Tomtom Go navigation app, for £20pa it is always up to date and comes with traffic alerts and speed cameras, if you install it on a tablet and use your phone as a hotspot, it also tells you the price of fuel stations on your route.
an advantage on iOS is that you can share the subscription

Sharing a subscription
iOS: With our Family Plan you can share your subscriptions with up to six family members.

I had my TomTom start on the dash today coming down here to Ferrybridge tonight and my phone on the passenger seat (The holder hasnt arrived yet). I have to say I much prefer the TomTom screen and lane guidance etc. Its just terribly old and slow in comparison (starting up). I wonder if google maps can be altered to the view it shows.

I've just ordered one Barry for delivery tomorrow!

Looks like Uncle Tim found a goody there, looks perfect for my use as a desktop stand as well as in the van. :)

I reckon it will be more use for music for me! I wanted to put some tracks on today driving down here but couldnt stop to fart on with the phone and the blue tooth thing. :( Radio 2 on a Sunday (well most days) is shite.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back