Our cheap battery!

Cheap batteries..2x110'numax yesterday switch tv on at 5pm lights .pump.normal.hab stuff..
Batteries reading 12.4 this morning..
Shall I buy some expensive new ones .like lithium lets say £1500''..
Yes you should they will last you until you are 110 years old , you know it makes sense

Having purchased exactly the same type of battery from Numberonebatteries, Luton on eBay it failed after all of two weeks very light usage to the degree it was giving off fumes that set the carbon monoxide alarm off. Company refuse to refund me, insisting I return the battery for testing.....an expensive exercise that I will only undertake if I find the need to go that way for other reasons.
I sourced a replacement from my local eurocarparts, bit more money but far more peace of mind. Look on eBay at the company, they get very mixed reviews!
Wny not return it . At least give them a a chance to sort it for you

Cheap batteries..2x110'numax yesterday switch tv on at 5pm lights .pump.normal.hab stuff..
Batteries reading 12.4 this morning..
Shall I buy some expensive new ones .like lithium lets say £1500''..
I think not .....
Lets see how long it takes to charge up .using low cost solar system .

I would hold off in buying any of these new type of batteries just yet .... unless you wear asbestos clothing. :p

Sighs...

These articles are not about LiFePO4 batteries that are used in motorhomes. LiFePO4 was discovered in 1950 and has been used in batteries for nearly 25 years. LiFePO4 batteries are the safest type of lithium batteries.

I really don’t understand why so many people have this prejudice against LiFePO4 batteries to the point where they post articles about completely different battery chemistries to produce FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt).

So to sum up...

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Cobalt Oxide(LiCoO2) — LCO batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Manganese Oxide (LiMn2O4) — LMO batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) — NMC batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide (LiNiCoAlO2) — NCA batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Titanate (Li2TiO3) — LTO batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are safe, have a 99% charge efficiency, are cheaper over their lifespan, have great stamina under heavy loads, charge faster, can be mounted in any direction, are half the weight, provide twice the power for the same volume and smart batteries have a BMS with a host of safety and management features.

Geeky Philip

Last edited:
I would have to live a long time to get my value out of expensive batteries, i have 7 years to go for the redo driving test as my van is 6.3 ton plated, now if i was 40 years old yes i would fit the best batts, but as for now mine do the job.

Lifpe04 100 amp batterys will shortly be available from alpha batterys about £ 500 , 2 100 amp agm could be £ 350 .taking into account the weight and space saving jn a smaller van is tempting , if they are drop in replacement .

Lifpe04 100 amp batterys will shortly be available from alpha batterys about £ 500 , 2 100 amp agm could be £ 350 .taking into account the weight and space saving jn a smaller van is tempting , if they are drop in replacement .
Thats £1000 for two lipos , so my l/acids at 90 fro two and lasting im sure ten years id have to live to 163 years of age, wonder what state i shall be in by then.

Thats £1000 for two lipos , so my l/acids at 90 fro two and lasting im sure ten years id have to live to 163 years of age, wonder what state i shall be in by then.
100 amp lifepo4 equivalent to 200 amp agm 50% DOD £500 . We are told we are .living longer .

Sighs...

These articles are not about LiFePO4 batteries that are used in motorhomes. LiFePO4 was discovered in 1950 and has been used in batteries for nearly 25 years. LiFePO4 batteries are the safest type of lithium batteries.

I really don’t understand why so many people have this prejudice against LiFePO4 batteries to the point where they post articles about completely different battery chemistries to produce FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt).

So to sum up...

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Cobalt Oxide(LiCoO2) — LCO batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Manganese Oxide (LiMn2O4) — LMO batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) — NMC batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide (LiNiCoAlO2) — NCA batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are not Lithium Titanate (Li2TiO3) — LTO batteries.

Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) — LFP batteries are safe, have a 99% charge efficiency, are cheaper over their lifespan, have great stamina under heavy loads, charge faster, can be mounted in any direction, are half the weight, provide twice the power for the same volume and smart batteries have a BMS with a host of safety and management features.

Geeky Philip

That's why I used an emoji to show it was not a serious post. At least it might help someone thinking of buying an electric car (or Motorhome).

I bought two of the same batteries - Probat 110Ah - £65 off that auction site. One of them started leaking acid after only two months of light use. 4 year warranty? The seller simply stated "they only leak if you over charge them". I am an electrical engineer and they were set up perfectly with the correct charge controller settings. The seller basically ignored my emails from that point. I escalated this to a Paypal claim and their response eventually was: "Return both batteries in the original packing for investigation works" .Total cop out. Who has the original packing after several months? So, yeah, you get what you pay for. Most warranties on Ebay are worth nothing. Too cheap to be true? It usually is. You might be lucky though..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back