Merton and Webster TV series

Right now our pastime is on the ropes, like a heavyweight boxer hanging on hoping he can survive the onslaught.
We need every bit of favourable PR we can get, and this programme offers us some favourable PR.
I really don’t care if they park the van then head of to a five star hotel for the night. This programme is not great viewing for us, we can pick out things that the public cannot, it’s for those who hope to be able to own a Motorhome one day, and for those who wondered what we are all about. I think it shows us in a good light, and that’s what matters most. It’s light entertainment, not to be taken seriously, or analysed to the nth degree.

Which one ? Does it charge by usb ? Thank you
Sorry for the slow response not been on for a while. This one, it’s got Bluetooth for playing music from a phone (not a great speaker though). You can pull the lead off the mains plug and run it on usb. For the price it’s ok. Seconds worth of entertainment 😂

169F523C-A125-4F9C-A658-EC810F11A5C0.png

Just be careful when doing a screen shot Michael. Some of your details are on there. Snip would be a better tool. (y)

Sorry for the slow response not been on for a while. This one, it’s got Bluetooth for playing music from a phone (not a great speaker though). You can pull the lead off the mains plug and run it on usb. For the price it’s ok. Seconds worth of entertainment 😂

View attachment 101208
That’s the one I got ;) it’s great haven’t tried the music bit though … actually it’s a slightly different brand £12.99 same design though on Amazon

We watched them filming Million Dollar Motorhome with some guy who has 350 plumbers in London. It was all happening outside Southdowns with a very large Carthago. We had a right old laugh watching them hop in and out of the chafured Bentley worth considerably more than our MH. Making sure the angles were right. making sure you could see the firms logo. Went for a walk and met him as we came back. Had a chat with him but still didn't know who he was and he didn't introduce himself. Anyway turns out he is a self made millionaire from London. Surprised he didn't look at a Concorde he could have put his Bentley in the back 😂

There is a big m home sitting just up the rd from my outlaws, seen it out once all year then parked up for the rest and plugged in, snobbery I recon.

We watched them filming Million Dollar Motorhome with some guy who has 350 plumbers in London. It was all happening outside Southdowns with a very large Carthago. We had a right old laugh watching them hop in and out of the chafured Bentley worth considerably more than our MH. Making sure the angles were right. making sure you could see the firms logo. Went for a walk and met him as we came back. Had a chat with him but still didn't know who he was and he didn't introduce himself. Anyway turns out he is a self made millionaire from London. Surprised he didn't look at a Concorde he could have put his Bentley in the back 😂
We saw that, he is one person I certainly would not want to park next to talk to. If anyone gives motorhoming a bad name, it’s him!

There is a big m home sitting just up the rd from my outlaws, seen it out once all year then parked up for the rest and plugged in, snobbery I recon.
We have one round the corner from us. Swift Konlikki that only goes out twice a year. They go out at the start of the season and then summer holiday for a couple of weeks and that's it.

Does anyone believe that filming all happens in single takes?
Does it matter if in filming a vehicle is on the left side when departing and the right when arriving? (or whatever the "error" was. Must admit I am not interested enough to check the precise fault)
If the only reason to watch a program is to pick production goofs in it, it is a bit sad :(
I don’t believe any programme like this is showing “real life” and can be taken with a pinch of salt. I just made an obvious observation and don’t spend all my waking days watching tv programmes for errors do you? Life’s too short.
anyone pulling up others on forums accusing of them being sad needs to take a look at themselves Pot kettle black springs to mind!

Well I'm no sad and quite looking forward to it
I also watch you tubers ,get some giggles there as well ,life's to short imho ( for wot it's worth)!
Me too, I am looking forward to something on the telly that does not show us in a poor way.
Just a bit of light entertainment for those who have mainly heard only bad things about us.

I don’t believe any programme like this is showing “real life” and can be taken with a pinch of salt. I just made an obvious observation and don’t spend all my waking days watching tv programmes for errors do you? Life’s too short.
anyone pulling up others on forums accusing of them being sad needs to take a look at themselves Pot kettle black springs to mind!
I watched last weeks episode this evening. noticed the dreadful production error you diligently posted about. I was disgusted and have written to the BBC demanding the Director General be sacked for allowing that!

(ps. I will let you spot the error there ;) )

I watched last weeks episode this evening. noticed the dreadful production error you diligently posted about. I was disgusted and have written to the BBC demanding the Director General be sacked for allowing that!

(ps. I will let you spot the error there ;) )
Am I missing something here David, it’s on channel 5.
The beeb get blamed for the weather on here.
Sorry Mark if you read this. :)
But surely not anything that’s on channel 5
Or is this just a Freudian slip. :)

Last edited:
Am I missing something here David, it’s on channel 5.
The beeb get blamed for the weather on here.
Sorry Mark if you read this. :)
But surely not anything that’s on channel 5
Or is this just a Freudian slip. :)

I think that was the error Bill!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back