Merton and Webster TV series

Val54

Anyone watch the first episode of Paul Merton and his partner setting off on a UK tour in a hired A class? Seemed to me it was quite balanced and would certainly be informative for the general public in terms of enhancing their knowledge of motorhome facilities and wild camping. On Channel 5 if you didn't see it. They are in the Lakes next week, should be interesting !!!

Well ..... I actually enjoyed "5 go Motorhoming" unlike it seems everyone else here. It was good fun doing what it meant to do (which was not some kind of motorhoming documentary)

Merton and Webster yesterday I thought was good as well. Very different approach and was more of an informative style of programme than just light entertainment.
Never seen Suki, Paul's wife before but she seemed great fun (Paul on the other hand was very muted and the OH wondered if he had dementia or something!)

One thing which I think people coming to Motorhoming new might get the wrong impression about is how there will be a lack of personally reserved parking spaces for their motorhome, unlike Merton and Webster who had a space just right in front of everywhere they were visiting ;)

Well ..... I actually enjoyed "5 go Motorhoming" unlike it seems everyone else here. It was good fun doing what it meant to do (which was not some kind of motorhoming documentary)

Merton and Webster yesterday I thought was good as well. Very different approach and was more of an informative style of programme than just light entertainment.
Never seen Suki, Paul's wife before but she seemed great fun (Paul on the other hand was very muted and the OH wondered if he had dementia or something!)

One thing which I think people coming to Motorhoming new might get the wrong impression about is how there will be a lack of personally reserved parking spaces for their motorhome, unlike Merton and Webster who had a space just right in front of everywhere they were visiting ;)
I liked “5 go motorhoming“ as well and we said exactly the same about Merton but he was over the moon when he fixed the mirror :sneaky:

It's good to see celebs motorhoming and perhaps longer term it might help change the general perspectives of what we do. Don't recall ever being anywhere that had a sign up stating a wild camp though! Anyone know where that was?

That's another problem swmbo liked it very much as well bill ,I feel it in my water 😲
It does not look so big inside in real life, we had a look at one , the bedroom is not as big as it looks and blocked in by a sink and two big slabs of dark wood effect stuff floor to ceiling .
I thought it was ok, wife thought "too hemmed in" and no space.

It's good to see celebs motorhoming and perhaps longer term it might help change the general perspectives of what we do. Don't recall ever being anywhere that had a sign up stating a wild camp though! Anyone know where that was?
Don’t think it was a true “wild camp” in the true sense but probably in a field being paid for as a site but with no facilities. Some say Shell Island in Wales is wild camping although it’s a paid for site. Great programme though but why do they always stick these celebs in large Motorhomes 7.4 Mtrs plus.

Don’t think it was a true “wild camp” in the true sense but probably in a field being paid for as a site but with no facilities. Some say Shell Island in Wales is wild camping although it’s a paid for site. Great programme though but why do they always stick these celebs in large Motorhomes 7.4 Mtrs plus.
Cause there big headed.

It was better than some of the previous “celebrity go” type shows. Maybe because they were a couple rather than a mixed group forced on each other.

I just wish I could park in the towns they visited as easily as they appeared to. If I had an advanced travelling team providing a coned off parking area prior to each visit I made life would be bliss!

They probably have to have a vehicle large enough to get the production team in to film the celebrity shananigans whilst on the move and parked up.

I wonder how easy it would be to find genuine wild camping spots with a TV production team in tow that also has to be accommodated overnight? Do they have one of these mega luxury coach sized motorhomes as well as a Range Rover or some other camera vehicle? Or is it a tent job?

Think it might help newbies if they watch it
quite sensible from what I saw but the mrs fancies one o them flipping lights that was projected onto the roof 😝
This sort of thing ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back