LPG stations

Not all Shell forecourts are owned by Shell, some of them are run by others who might choose to continue selling lpg.

Edit. Last confirmed 31/08/23 on the app.
Correct that's exactly what I done checked they were still on it as they wouldnt answer the phone HENCE MY APPOLIGY TO FERGIE AS IM NOT IN THE HABBIT OF FIRING A BULLET IM NOT SURE ABOUT THANKS

Asda Derby 77p
10th September
They get theirs fro Flogas in Nottingham which is about a mile from me. Horrible place to fill up as you have to reverse through a gate which is set at an angle with a drop on the left. It's a few pence cheaper as well.

Used to use the Shell station near us for LPG then one day I went and the pump was gone. Something about fitting fast charging points and selling more Costa Coffee from their machine and overpriced snax to punters who have to sit around waiting.

I went to this garage in early August: Auchencairn Garage, Main St, Auchencairn, Castle Douglas DG7 1QU after the online opening time. Nobody appeared to be in the office and no answer at the office or house. I asked at the café opposite when they opened and was told that they ‘were having problems and that there was no guarantee on when they would open,’

Eventually, much later, near an hour after arriving at the advertised opening time I was attended to. I just wanted a fill up of LPG as had no idea of how much my tank held at that time as no gauge and the van had been leant to friends previously. So I asked to fill it up.

The guy filling me up was pleasant and we briefly discussed the demise of sites such as his for the convenience of campervaners and mororhomers.

Then a huge guy appeared on the scene out of nowhere, looked at the gauge of how much gas had been dispensed and said “it is because of the likes of you that we are closing as you have had £4.95 of gas which doesn’t even cover the cost of electric that its taken to top you up!”. I was most taken aback and shocked. The guy who had served me also seemed a bit shocked. Payment was only allowed in actual money. I wont be going back there ever! I did say that I had no idea of how much was needed to top me up even before I had drawn up alongside the tank.

Due to the mild panic over LPG stations might I suggest that you list stations on here that you have recently filled up at in 2023, I’ll start
Gordano services on the M5 filled up June 23 £0.99 litre

near Brighton junction M27/ M23 Patcham place filling station filled up 6July £0.99.9 litre

PLEASE ADD YOURS. Only if you have recently visited one.
Autogas filled up last week 70 something pence. Flo gas in Peterborough. I don't know what all the fuss is all about. Never had a problem finding autogas. Cheap garage for diesel close by also.👍 The previous time we filled up in Morrisons in Derby may or June time about 76p. However a notice says they want you to have a filler in the side of the van so some may need to park in an inventive way to fill.

The sausage rolls might need reheating and that might involve LPG.😀
13968917952_171b7cf07f_z.jpg

Despite their website saying they do. Lymm Services at Jct 20 of the M6, no longer sell LPG. It's a BP service and they've removed the pump completely. I went on Saturday!

Despite their website saying they do. Lymm Services at Jct 20 of the M6, no longer sell LPG. It's a BP service and they've removed the pump completely. I went on Saturday!
Have you updated the apps like lpg.eu. ? We all rely on each other to keep the info up to date.

Paul

Websites are often a long way out of date. The apps are far more reliable and not only tell you if they still sell lpg but whether they have sold out and how recently they were updated.

Due to the mild panic over LPG stations might I suggest that you list stations on here that you have recently filled up at in 2023, I’ll start
Gordano services on the M5 filled up June 23 £0.99 litre

near Brighton junction M27/ M23 Patcham place filling station filled up 6July £0.99.9 litre

PLEASE ADD YOURS. Only if you have recently visited one.
Nae panic in Scotland,plenty places up here,Asda in Aberdeen 72p a ltre,Morrisons is worth a check.

Used Johnson Oils in Newtown St Boswells this afternoon.

Was a bit of a pain to get close enough as the tank is in a corner and there was a oil tanker parked very close that stopped me going sideways alongside the tank. Reversed in ... Hose too short :( Drove in front ways ... Hose too short initially. Had to put my nose in the gap between the tank and the tanker. So close I couldn't open the cab doors and had to exit via the Hab door.
Once done, filled up the Gaslow Bottle. 17.5L in the 11Kg Tank so pretty well a full fill I think. Not a massive bargain at 78p/Litre plus the VAT. (VAT was charged at 20%. I thought LPG for non-road use would have been at the 5% rate same as Heating Oil, Electricity and Mains Gas?)

Used Johnson Oils in Newtown St Boswells this afternoon.

Was a bit of a pain to get close enough as the tank is in a corner and there was a oil tanker parked very close that stopped me going sideways alongside the tank. Reversed in ... Hose too short :( Drove in front ways ... Hose too short initially. Had to put my nose in the gap between the tank and the tanker. So close I couldn't open the cab doors and had to exit via the Hab door.
Once done, filled up the Gaslow Bottle. 17.5L in the 11Kg Tank so pretty well a full fill I think. Not a massive bargain at 78p/Litre plus the VAT. (VAT was charged at 20%. I thought LPG for non-road use would have been at the 5% rate same as Heating Oil, Electricity and Mains Gas.
Its actually quite complicated but if your supplier mainly deals with business customers the business VAT rate for all forms of gas is 20%.
Calor gas is charged at 20%.
So I think they simply apply the business rate to everyone.

Been touring Europe for the past 3 month sadly home on Monday, but noticed lpg is a lot more popular in the EU than UK lots of queues forming at the lpg pumps in various countries, something I have never seen in the UK,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back