LPG stations

campervanannie

Due to the mild panic over LPG stations might I suggest that you list stations on here that you have recently filled up at in 2023, I’ll start
Gordano services on the M5 filled up June 23 £0.99 litre

near Brighton junction M27/ M23 Patcham place filling station filled up 6July £0.99.9 litre

PLEASE ADD YOURS. Only if you have recently visited one.

Last edited:
Express Fuels (Scotland) Ltd

789 South Street, Whiteinch, G14 0BX
G14 0BX
United Kingdom.

Filled up my safefill bottles today 10th August 23. 79p a litre
Theres another Garage within 200yds of this that has LPG so always gonna get one with gas and working.
Castlebank Filling Station

210 Castlebank St, Glasgow G11 6AR
G11 6AR
United Kingdom

I haven't filled up for a few weeks, but can I remind those of us who use FillLPG to update the station details with the price when they do. This gives useful information to other users not only the price but also the date on which LPG was available and therefore whether it's likely to be still there

Due to the mild panic over LPG stations might I suggest that you list stations on here that you have recently filled up at in 2023, I’ll start
Gordano services on the M5 filled up June 23 £0.99 litre

near Brighton junction M27/ M23 Patcham place filling station filled up 6July £0.99.9 litre

PLEASE ADD YOURS. Only if you have recently visited one.
Sorry but I think a better idea is if we all update https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/united-kingdom/

It has a searchable map which is more useful than the random list which this thread will have.

Why reinvent the wheel ?

Why reinvent the wheel ?
Things evolve
s-l300 (1).jpg
s-l300 (2).jpg

Sorry but I think a better idea is if we all update https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/united-kingdom/

It has a searchable map which is more useful than the random list which this thread will have.

Why reinvent the wheel ?
Then don’t participate, I’ve tried in the past to update both myLPG.eu and S4S even sent them an email asking why when members update that stations no longer selling lpg are not removed still waiting for a reply so anyone who wants to add do and those that don’t then don’t but maybe admin can add them to the poi map just a thought.

I use 3 LPG Apps
All update prices etc when I put them in.
They show not available when "not available"
Why confuse matters with an unsearchable list on here.
Use the Apps
Just my 2 pence worth.

Roger
it’s a suggestion and not compulsory join in or don’t join in 🤷‍♀️

I'm getting back to using the van after 5/6 years. I have a big underslung tank. Mid Wales is very sparsely populated and we don't have a lot of anything bar sheep, water and love.

6 years ago there were 2 LPG forecourts within a radius of 25 miles, both have now stopped selling it . BUT 2 others have since installed pumps. What goes around comes around.

There is little point in updating an app when no one removes the out of date info.
I used to be considered an expert on data warehouses and the like, and was often paid to lead seminars on the subject. .

Basics that I emphasised were
a) Single source of information.
If information is held in more than one location then people will spend time & effort arguing which is correct rather than using the information.
There are already several sources of LPG data and a thread in this group would just make the situation worse.

b) Data Lifecycle (as per Wildbus)
Most people put their effort into designing data collection processes
Maintenance and weeding are equally important.
There is no reason to believe that the maintenance and weeding of data would be better than the apps.
Indeed, given the smaller number of contributors it would probably be worse.

c) Collection vs Use
Most data is used by people other than the collector.
It is important to provide motivation for the collectors to do it well.
Because we are a compact group with a common interest it is likely that people would contribute to support fellow members.
But experience indicates that this would only be a short term effect.

The LPG apps have a date last updated. I take this into account when using the app. I have also been known to check the outlets web site.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back