LPG stations

Before it closes !
Just noticed there is a grant aided system to convert taxis in Scotland to lpg . Company has gone breests up but process will probably continue . What it will mean is more [certainly not fewer] lpg outlets in Scotland

The scheme is aimed at Taxis in LEZs. In practice this means big cities only and I doubt there will be extra outlets in the more rural areas.
Current advice to taxi companies impacted by the company's liquidation is to change to EVs.

The scheme is aimed at Taxis in LEZs. In practice this means big cities only and I doubt there will be extra outlets in the more rural areas.
Current advice to taxi companies impacted by the company's liquidation is to change to EVs.
Not financially feasible for many . Quite a few already converted to lpg . Don't think its an unusual solution . Most taxis in Seville run on lpg .
Possibly rural outlets for lpg are not financially feasible either . Are there many ?

Taken from an LPG group on faceache

The death of LPG is some way off :)
A little tester for you - our local LPG supplier in Edinburgh 90p/l
Why the digger - what's going on here then ?
Answer new bigger 10,000 litre tank!
Teaser / puzzle - what size are the existing LPG tanks in litres?
What volume of LPG does he go through per week?

An aside -
He supplies 60 ex diesel taxis that were converted to run on LPG at a grant of £12,000 per car - how AND HOW MUCH I hear you ask?
Easy rip out diesel install petrol engine with LPG conversion :)
The same was done in Birmingham or Manchester.

Taken from an LPG group on faceache

The death of LPG is some way off :)
A little tester for you - our local LPG supplier in Edinburgh 90p/l
Why the digger - what's going on here then ?
Answer new bigger 10,000 litre tank!
Teaser / puzzle - what size are the existing LPG tanks in litres?
What volume of LPG does he go through per week?

An aside -
He supplies 60 ex diesel taxis that were converted to run on LPG at a grant of £12,000 per car - how AND HOW MUCH I hear you ask?
Easy rip out diesel install petrol engine with LPG conversion :)
The same was done in Birmingham or Manchester.
Which gas supplier were they referring to ?
I normally use Shell (?) garage at Fisherrow . There is one at Mayfield and an industrial one somewhere, possibly near Musselburgh ?

Morrisons have put up their prices to £1.29 a litre in most garages, looks like they decided to make it pay lol

Which gas supplier were they referring to ?
I normally use Shell (?) garage at Fisherrow . There is one at Mayfield and an industrial one somewhere, possibly near Musselburgh ?
I reckon the lpg supplier is install oil, which you will find here >
https://installoil.co.uk/products/

Glasgow LEZ.

Well that worked well.

20240908_134529.jpg

Morrisons have put up their prices to £1.29 a litre in most garages, looks like they decided to make it pay lol

Better than removing them I guess. Absolutely hopeless down in Cornwall. I think there are three. One is out of order (or it was the other day), one only takes small vans and the other the Nursery at Redruth is flipping excellent and free water but thats it! Ill top up there again on the way up to North Devon but literally nothing else between Penzance and Ilfracombe.

If you travel south Devon, Trago stores nr Newton Abbot have an lpg pump, and cheap diesel.
The thing you have to do now is use the online resources and phone ahead when there is little choice and carry a Calor backup. Worked for us so far in the south west over two months. Had to use and replace the Calor once though as simply no LPG otherwise.

Back