LPG Gaslow, tank kits and other alternatives ooop North

Those pipes in mine seem pretty robust Kev. They feel quite solid.
They are very good, but they can move and rub on stuff and wear through, I just prefer to have the rubber ones protected, I opted for the braided fill pipe as that is high pressure, the other pipe is too but I didn't change that

They are very good, but they can move and rub on stuff and wear through, I just prefer to have the rubber ones protected, I opted for the braided fill pipe as that is high pressure, the other pipe is too but I didn't change that

Can't see it myself but if it makes you feel better. :D

Have you ever tried to cut through a rubber gas pipe? I have. A right bugger it is!

I think it’s possible to temporarily fit a calor bottle to the van using the fill point or through an outside barbecue point using an adapter pipe, thereby having the best of both worlds. Not 100% sure of this though, the experts should know for sure.
I have used both options, I used to carry a Calor bottle in case my bulk tank ran out, and I used to connect through the BBQ point (with a regulator on the bottle and the bulk tank turned off) but the problem was that I couldn't BBQ then, so I bought a connection pipe that fits on to a bottle (no regulator) and screws into the bulk tank fill point, I think I bought it from Gas It

Hi all, I have two Gaslow bottles for sale, no gauges or fittings as shown in the photos. If anyone here is interested, or tell me what I should ask for them. I'm in Co Antrim, Northern Ireland. (by the way this is my first post, not sure if I'm doing this right lol)

Attachments

• IMG_5525.jpg
    IMG_5525.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5527.jpg
    IMG_5527.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5529.jpg
    IMG_5529.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 24
Been talking to Autogas 2000 in Thirsk. They seem to be the go to place for getting refillables. They certainly have gone up in price since we got our first 11kg Gaslow fitted 16 years ago. Im not sure if ill get an 11kg gaslow bottle in the new van. I might but I wont know until I get it. Might have to be a fitted tank in the locker, 2 x 6kg Gaslow bottles or 1 x 6kg and 1 x Calor back up. I do want a calor backup

So apart from Gaslow what else are people using and who is fitting them North East or North Yorkshire?
Andy at Kendal camping fits refillable gas bottles.

Hi all, I have two Gaslow bottles for sale, no gauges or fittings as shown in the photos. If anyone here is interested, or tell me what I should ask for them. I'm in Co Antrim, Northern Ireland. (by the way this is my first post, not sure if I'm doing this right lol)
Probably nothing as they have expired past their recommended useage date it looks like to me.

Probably nothing as they have expired past their recommended useage date it looks like to me.
Hi Wildebus I found this on their website. They say you may use your bottles after their expiry date but don't recommend it. They can give you a discount if you trade them for new ones.
So do underslung tanks need to be changed once they reach ten to fifteen years? not that I'm looking for any at the moment.
Official Gaslow Website for LPG Refillable Cylinders & Components

Gaslow Technical Section​

We’re here to help​

Take a look at our advice pages below, designed to help answer all your questions on Gaslow products and LPG related topics.

PRODUCT INFORMATION​

Gaslow replacement scheme for cylinders that reach their expiry date

How does the replacement cylinder scheme work?​

Gaslow can assist with a cylinder replacement scheme, all that is required is for you to return your cylinder to us at Gaslow International. In return we will offer you a brand new cylinder at a discounted rate of 10% from the Gaslow RRP. In addition to this, we are pleased to offer a 10% discount on any other Gaslow products purchased on the same invoice as the cylinder replacement, from our Gaslow HQ.
We would advise that you take a photo of your cylinder/s and note the cylinder serial number and date stamp. Email the images and information into us at Gaslow with your contact details to confirm your cylinder/s meet the replacement criteria.

Please always contact us before travelling to ensure we have the correct cylinder in stock for you. If you require the new cylinder to be installed, please contact us to make an appointment.

As part of the replacement service, we will take your old cylinder from you free of charge. It’s important that we recycle old gas cylinders when they’re empty. Most are made from metal, usually steel or aluminium, which are both highly recyclable. When we recycle gas cylinders it avoids them ending up in landfill and harming the environment – especially if any remaining gas leaches into the ground, water, and air.
Please note that in order to use the Cylinder replacement scheme your cylinder must comply with certain conditions. See bottom of page for details.

You may wish to carry on using your cylinder past its working date, this is a decision that only you can make, however we strongly advise that you do not choose this option as it is related to the safe use of a pressure vessel containing high pressure liquid gas.

An underslung can require replacement in just a few years if it isn’t looked after depending on where you go with it. Charlie took a 4 year old one of a van when I was there and it was rusted through in places.

An underslung can require replacement in just a few years if it isn’t looked after depending on where you go with it. Charlie took a 4 year old one of a van when I was there and it was rusted through in places.
That doesn't sound good, maybe spends a lot of time at the seaside lol.

Hi all. My van engine has run on LPG for a few years but my new mechanic who is a Talbot expert as said to stop running it on LPG as it will knacker the engine up eventually. Not sure if this is right or not, but I said I'm going to run it on petrol for a bit and see how economical it is.
If it's not to bad on petrol I was thinking of using the engine LPG tank for the habitation gas.
Has anybody done this or can it even be done?

Back