LPG Gaslow, tank kits and other alternatives ooop North

I can't remember now, it's probably up thread but I'm pretty sure that's why we ended up with one Gaslow and one calor as according to Charlie and the other guy (can't remember his name) it isn't that easy.
I'm not there looking at it and can't tell the exact fittings used so I'll have to bow out but I've done it on three vans, and posted a video so I think the man is speaking from an area that shouldn't have words, but I have been wrong before and will be again.

Last edited:
He said similar to me but also said it might not be too bad if its a smart fridge which it appears it is. Not that smart though. I keep asking it how to fix my battery issues and it just sits there acting all dumb. 😵‍💫

Perhaps you haven't properly introduced yourself to the fridge and it is shy, or perhaps it has seen what you did to the table and is too scared to answer! 😞

Davy

I have said this before Kev. With only one refillable bottle it will have an elbow that allows the high pressure gas into the cylinder when you fill it. If you want to add another refillable you would need to fit a tee to the new tank refit the fill pipe to the tee, fit another fill pipe from the tee to the elbow on the original cylinder. While at it it’s probably better to put the cylinder with the tee where original cylinder was as fill pipe May not reach for new setup.

That’s just one the high pressure side.

On low pressure side you would need to replace the pigtail with a suitable hose and an adaptor if needed but may not need.

Perhaps you haven't properly introduced yourself to the fridge and it is shy, or perhaps it has seen what you did to the table and is too scared to answer! 😞

Davy

Well it had better behave itself after I went all Pete Townshend on the dinette table. Ive fixed it again today by the way. I fashioned some rawl plugs out of some cardboard from some of my vape packets. Perfect now!!!

I have said this before Kev. With only one refillable bottle it will have an elbow that allows the high pressure gas into the cylinder when you fill it. If you want to add another refillable you would need to fit a tee to the new tank refit the fill pipe to the tee, fit another fill pipe from the tee to the elbow on the original cylinder. While at it it’s probably better to put the cylinder with the tee where original cylinder was as fill pipe May not reach for new setup.

That’s just one the high pressure side.

On low pressure side you would need to replace the pigtail with a suitable hose and an adaptor if needed but may not need.
I think that is what they did Niel which I think is correct or you would have to phaph about to have a Calor to swap, but that T could have a POL fitting and it is the same as changing a Calor bottle the Gaslow just needs to be turned off.

What I feel is they gave Barry the wrong info or maybe they didn't understand what he wanted.

I think that is what they did Niel which I think is correct or you would have to phaph about to have a Calor to swap, but that T could have a POL fitting and it is the same as changing a Calor bottle the Gaslow just needs to be turned off.

What I feel is they gave Barry the wrong info or maybe they didn't understand what he wanted.

I think it was discussed here. Not as simple as changing a Calor bottle and the space is tight.

They knew exactly what I wanted and advised strongly against it. I could only go with their advice on the day.

Yes that has to be the worst thought out gas locker I've ever seen, it seems a bit stupid as once the locker space has been created the door can be anywhere in the area and almost large as the locker is high or wide so why feck it up like that.

I'm not going to get into the way it's been done, all be said already and no point in going over it yet again, I would like to see it in person sometime mainly because I don't understand the problem they think is there, not because I don't believe them, more to learn if I need to do it differently.

Yes that has to be the worst thought out gas locker I've ever seen, it seems a bit stupid as once the locker space has been created the door can be anywhere in the area and almost large as the locker is high or wide so why feck it up like that.

I'm not going to get into the way it's been done, all be said already and no point in going over it yet again, I would like to see it in person sometime mainly because I don't understand the problem they think is there, not because I don't believe them, more to learn if I need to do it differently.

Yeah its shite that locker Kev. Swift clearly designed this van for campsite hoppers and for that it is absolutely fantastic. I am concerned I am enjoying it too much on this CL with hookup! :D We even discovered lighting we didnt know we had yesterday. It will be a wrench to tear ourselves away from the umbilical Ehu cord. :ROFLMAO:

Will fill up with LPG on Tuesday somewhere on route and just start using the Calor for a bit when that runs out. Im not worried about it, its only gas and we wont run out. Not sure what to do about a big Euro trip though which likely will be next year. I might get Charlie to fit another 6kg Gaslow but then ill have the issue of getting it changed back for the UK.

Only a fitting and so long as you turn all the taps off it will only release a tiny bit of gas like when you fill the gaslow, no worries.

I think you are forgetting what’s involved Kev. What’s been done for Barry is what you would have. Anyway, no point keep going over it, if we ever end up in the same place I will demonstrate 👍

I think you are forgetting what’s involved Kev. What’s been done for Barry is what you would have. Anyway, no point keep going over it, if we ever end up in the same place I will demonstrate 👍
I already said that Niel.

So after seven weeks away and over a month in the same spot I'm almost out of gas. 😁 I filled up the Gaslow four weeks ago but switched to calor two weeks ago just before the Gaslow run out. The Calor ran out this morning so I'm back on the remaining tiny amount Gaslow that's left.

I take it I can leave the gaslow on and running stuff when I remove the calor this morning and go off and find a replacement?

So at a push each bottle lasts two weeks. Not ideal but about what I expected and we've not needed heating.

I've heard diesel heaters are noisy and I have heard them parked near one. Pointless anyway really as generally when the heatings on we are on hookup anyway and it's the fridge that uses the gas.

I've heard diesel heaters are noisy and I have heard them parked near one. Pointless anyway really as generally when the heatings on we are on hookup anyway and it's the fridge that uses the gas.
Diesel heaters aren't noisy IF they are fitted correctly AND have intake/exhaust silencers fitted .
I can't hear ours if I'm more than 1m away from the van AND in total silence .

As for our gas consumption ...

It's dropped drastically since fitting the diesel heater (and bear in mind ...I'm not a happy bunny when I'm less than toasty )
And swapping the 3 way fridge for 240v domestic fridge and Victron eco inverter ....
The extra alcohol room in the "cold in any weather" fridge

Is a plus too ...

Diesel heaters aren't noisy IF they are fitted correctly AND have intake/exhaust silencers fitted .
I can't hear ours if I'm more than 1m away from the van AND in total silence .

As for our gas consumption ...

It's dropped drastically since fitting the diesel heater (and bear in mind ...I'm not a happy bunny when I'm less than toasty )
And swapping the 3 way fridge for 240v domestic fridge and Victron eco inverter ....
The extra alcohol room in the "cold in any weather" fridge

Is a plus too ...

I'm open to everything. One step at a time though I think. Got the right van it seems after a decade of searching, just needs the fine tuning now. Find out what works and what doesn't. Another reason to go Lithium and more solar. We can probably get away with it for now but down the line who knows? What I would like to see is a compressor fridge that also works off gas.

Back