Is it the death knell for the combustion engine?

Two factories with a third in a year or so,not too shabby for a tech companyšŸ˜„
Tesla have been estimated to be around 7 years ahead of rival carmakers,nothing to do with the cars themselves,rather the tech that goes into them,automation,batteries,software etc.
Tesla Solar panels, battery and energy captchering technology is going to drive the company as much as vehicle sales, probably more so. And considering they have vans and artics in the pipeline, its going places. You need to look at shares now if you dabble in the markets.
Power walls are going to be next, you can store from solar etc (yes not the best in the uk) and hold it instead of feeding it back in to the grid.

Last edited:
Yup, and bear in mind plugging in at home will charge to full overnight, plugging in to a supercharger will charge my model s p90d to full in an hour.
A friend of mine is a builder, a block of flats he is working on for Taylor has charge ports being built for each apartment. Since i have owned Tesla I find myself gravitating to places that have chargers, restaurants, shopping, service stations, B&B etc. If you are a business that attracts customers for any length of time, its a wise move to jump on the grant incentives to install a fast (ish) charger.
below shows mine right now at about 4 fifths/sixths. real world with lights heater etc that can come down to 240-250, or if I charge to 300 then 270 ish.
Just like an ICE car, if I rip the arse off it all the time your probably talking 180-200
View attachment 76871

Like a lot of people who have had a Tesla for a while I realised that if I switched display to percentage rather than range (miles) any range anxiety I may have had disappeared immediately! I find battery percentage much more useful rather than the rather misleading range calculation. I also find the pull up energy graph (app on the large screen display) very useful when ā€road trippingā€.

Tesla Solar panels, battery and energy captchering technology is going to drive the company as much as vehicle sales, probably more so. And considering they have vans and artics in the pipeline, its going places. You need to look at shares now if you dabble in the markets.
Power walls are going to be next, you can store from solar etc (yes not the best in the uk) and hold it instead of feeding it back in to the grid.

Pal of mine bought a fair few Tesla shares early this year and sold them all a couple of weeks back. He ordered himself a top spec a Model 3 with the proceeds!!

Pal of mine bought a fair few Tesla shares early this year and sold them all a couple of weeks back. He ordered himself a top spec a Model 3 with the proceeds!!
Yeah , a guy who works next door to me bought at 10 at 240 in sept 19, they are now 900, I bought at 540 but still have them

Yeah , a guy who works next door to me bought at 10 at 240 in sept 19, they are now 900, I bought at 540 but still have them

The short sellers have certainly had their arses handed to them,but longer term I think The Boring Company is going to be the big bread winner amongst Elons projects.

I look forward to the ban on everything but EV. I can just imagine all the tower blocks with cables and dodgy extensions hanging out of their windows to charge their cars.
Not that there will be enough electricity to go round, as wood, coal and gas will be outlawed for heating.
And anyway, to build an EV creates as much co2 as building a 5 series BMW, and driving it 70 000km, not to mention the concrete (between 4% and 8% of the worldā€™s co2 is generated by the manufacture) and copper for the infrastructure and the open cast mines for the lithium.
Perhaps Germany and Eastern Europe will find something other than Lignite to burn in their power stations to make lovely green electricity too.
And Australia - if Australia were to be completely banned, the annual reduction in co2 would almost be a whole Chinese dayā€™s worth...

Smugly typed using electricity stored from the sun.
Also available in Cynical.

I look forward to the ban on everything but EV. I can just imagine all the tower blocks with cables and dodgy extensions hanging out of their windows to charge their cars.
Not that there will be enough electricity to go round, as wood, coal and gas will be outlawed for heating.
And anyway, to build an EV creates as much co2 as building a 5 series BMW, and driving it 70 000km, not to mention the concrete (between 4% and 8% of the worldā€™s co2 is generated by the manufacture) and copper for the infrastructure and the open cast mines for the lithium.
Perhaps Germany and Eastern Europe will find something other than Lignite to burn in their power stations to make lovely green electricity too.
And Australia - if Australia were to be completely banned, the annual reduction in co2 would almost be a whole Chinese dayā€™s worth...

Aus has twenty million people,China over a billion so hardly a surprising comparison,Germany have closed down all coal production in the Ruhr,and has committed to ending production in the East within around 18 years. Richer countries will make the transition quicker but some poor countries are doing their bit as well. Regardless of GW I'd rather see no pollution going into the same environment that we have to live in but it has to start somewhere,as Confucius said " a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step"

So that coal fire of yours in your big old draughty victorian house will be safe then AS :LOL:
You wouldn't happen to be Jacob Reece Mogg by any chance.

Seriously though re the c02 comment regarding EV cars vs a 5 series, have you seen the new Tesla Factories built as full solar roofs (gigafactories) designed to be fully self powered. They actually have mice running on mice wheels, to power the electric for the vending machines. (ok THAT was a lie) :eek:

Then don't forget the cars don't produce in use it like an ICE does. And also remember the ford etc factories emit more c02 in the production of their cars let alone the running. (This could be argued that they produce more cars granted). Meanwhile the sales of fossil fuel cars continue to fall.

We need balanced views not sweeping statements to base our judgements on, and not dismiss it as dross, without viable alternatives. From what Ive seen , I know Ive taken a positive step to reduce the impact I may have as far is reasonably practical.

If the battery technology continues and motorhomes become viable with Lithium as the fuel source, id jump on it in an instant.

Last edited:
I am surprised and I have to say disappointed at some of the posts on this thread.
I never realised that so many felt so strongly that global warming is exaggerated.

What surprises me most is this attitude that politicians are somehow behind this, and they will use it to control us and to empty our pockets.
If this was the case then why is Trump pushing forward with his policies and why did he pull out of the Paris accord. The reasons is quite simple the costs and the disruption this will cause to the US economy. Politicians have nothing to do with this, these predictions donā€™t come from them, they come from scientists and environmentalists who have no real power, itā€™s politicians who have refused to accept their advice for decades resisting the calls for changes.

The fact is CO2 levels are higher now than in the last 300,000 years, and they continue to rise. The experts (not the politicians) predicted extremities in weather that we are are witnessing. Australia has lost an area the size of Austria to fires, the Caribbean islands are suffering the worse and more storms in history, we are getting used to flooding every winter now affecting more and more areas of our country, including areas that have never flooded in the past two hundred years, which is as far back as records go. One quarter of all species are fighting against extinction, the coral reefs are receding at an alarming rate, the north west passage is becoming navigable. I could go on and on, but for reasons of brevity I wont.

But for all this I am not 100% sure, I just happen to believe that the evidence is overwhelming that we have to change. But others on here seem 100% that what is happening is all part of normality, just a blip in our meteorological history.
They believe that this has all been dreamt up by cunning politicians who want to screw us. I find that astonishing.

None of us will really suffer if you are wrong, but our children and theirs will terribly if you are wrong. What right have we got to risk their future and their wellbeing.

They had it right first time round,get your orders in now.
flintstones.png

I am surprised and I have to say disappointed at some of the posts on this thread.
I never realised that so many felt so strongly that global warming is exaggerated.

What surprises me most is this attitude that politicians are somehow behind this, and they will use it to control us and to empty our pockets.
If this was the case then why is Trump pushing forward with his policies and why did he pull out of the Paris accord. The reasons is quite simple the costs and the disruption this will cause to the US economy. Politicians have nothing to do with this, these predictions donā€™t come from them, they come from scientists and environmentalists who have no real power, itā€™s politicians who have refused to accept their advice for decades resisting the calls for changes.

The fact is CO2 levels are higher now than in the last 300,000 years, and they continue to rise. The experts (not the politicians) predicted extremities in weather that we are are witnessing. Australia has lost an area the size of Austria to fires, the Caribbean islands are suffering the worse and more storms in history, we are getting used to flooding every winter now affecting more and more areas of our country, including areas that have never flooded in the past two hundred years, which is as far back as records go. One quarter of all species are fighting against extinction, the coral reefs are receding at an alarming rate, the north west passage is becoming navigable. I could go on and on, but for reasons of brevity I wont.

But for all this I am not 100% sure, I just happen to believe that the evidence is overwhelming that we have to change. But others on here seem 100% that what is happening is all part of normality, just a blip in our meteorological history.
They believe that this has all been dreamt up by cunning politicians who want to screw us. I find that astonishing.

None of us will really suffer if you are wrong, but our children and theirs will terribly if you are wrong. What right have we got to risk their future and their wellbeing.

The climate hysteria really got going with the Rio Earth Summit in 1992. Maurice Strong was one of the leading protagonists and the driving force behind Agenda 21 and also a member of the UN Commission on Global Governance.
Here is a direct quote by him - "Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialised civilisation collapses. Isn't it our responsibility to bring that about." And again - " In searching for a new enemy to unite us we came up with the idea that the threat of global warming would fit the bill.......the real enemy then is humanity itself......we believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realise World Government. It does not matter if this common enemy is real....or one invented for the purpose."
John Cook who founded "Skeptical Science" came up with the the " 97% of scientists believe in AGW." Researchers found there were 1944 scientific papers on the subject which he had read, only 64 supported his claim. That's 3.2%. As Goebbels said if you repeat a big lie often enough the people will believe it.
A member of the IPCC has said AGW is not about the environment, it is about re-distributing the worlds wealth.
A 0.8*C rise in the world's temperature since 1880 at the end of the mini ice age is hardly something we should be worried about.

To quote Groucho Marx " Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies."
Or even more appropriate, H.L.Mencken " the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed and hence clamorous to be led to safety by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
EVs allow for far more control of the general population by the government - as does forcing them to heat their homes with electricity which can be remotely switched off with smart meters. The founding fathers realised that all governments are dangerous for the people and wrote the American Constitution to put checks and limits on their power. Our Government has signed up to Agenda 21 and so must be considered to be working against us and to the Globalist agenda. Their motives are not to be trusted.
Modern diesel engines with Adblue and Selective Catalytic Reduction technology reduces nitrous oxides by 80 -95%, and carbonmonoxide and hydrocarbons by 50-90% just emitting harmless nitrogen, steam and beneficial carbon dioxide. Euro 6 engines produce minute amounts of particulates. There is no logical reason for their banning. It is about control and to restrict private car ownership to the rich only.

The climate hysteria really got going with the Rio Earth Summit in 1992. Maurice Strong was one of the leading protagonists and the driving force behind Agenda 21 and also a member of the UN Commission on Global Governance.
Here is a direct quote by him - "Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialised civilisation collapses. Isn't it our responsibility to bring that about." And again - " In searching for a new enemy to unite us we came up with the idea that the threat of global warming would fit the bill.......the real enemy then is humanity itself......we believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realise World Government. It does not matter if this common enemy is real....or one invented for the purpose."
John Cook who founded "Skeptical Science" came up with the the " 97% of scientists believe in AGW." Researchers found there were 1944 scientific papers on the subject which he had read, only 64 supported his claim. That's 3.2%. As Goebbels said if you repeat a big lie often enough the people will believe it.
A member of the IPCC has said AGW is not about the environment, it is about re-distributing the worlds wealth.
A 0.8*C rise in the world's temperature since 1880 at the end of the mini ice age is hardly something we should be worried about.

To quote Groucho Marx " Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies."
Or even more appropriate, H.L.Mencken " the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed and hence clamorous to be led to safety by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
EVs allow for far more control of the general population by the government - as does forcing them to heat their homes with electricity which can be remotely switched off with smart meters. The founding fathers realised that all governments are dangerous for the people and wrote the American Constitution to put checks and limits on their power. Our Government has signed up to Agenda 21 and so must be considered to be working against us and to the Globalist agenda. Their motives are not to be trusted.
Modern diesel engines with Adblue and Selective Catalytic Reduction technology reduces nitrous oxides by 80 -95%, and carbonmonoxide and hydrocarbons by 50-90% just emitting harmless nitrogen, steam and beneficial carbon dioxide. Euro 6 engines produce minute amounts of particulates. There is no logical reason for their banning. It is about control and to restrict private car ownership to the rich only.

Excuse me 97% of scientists believe in global warming

Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.

taken from

Note this is from nasa from a country who no longer are signed up to the Paris accord.

Control divide and conquer, scream loud enough people will believe it seems so true in every aspect of our lives.

The reality very little is reported as it is , invariably an agenda behind it ...anyone remember brexit ? The lies that were told on all sides

Aus has twenty million people,China over a billion so hardly a surprising comparison,Germany have closed down all coal production in the Ruhr,and has committed to ending production in the East within around 18 years. Richer countries will make the transition quicker but some poor countries are doing their bit as well. Regardless of GW I'd rather see no pollution going into the same environment that we have to live in but it has to start somewhere,as Confucius said " a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step"
And you do know that Confucius stole that saying from The Hobbit donā€™t you? :)

Here is a direct quote by him - "Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialised civilisation collapses. Isn't it our responsibility to bring that about."
ROTFLMHO, that was the plot for a fiction book he wanted to write.

And again - " In searching for a new enemy to unite us we came up with the idea that the threat of global warming would fit the bill.......the real enemy then is humanity itself......we believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realise World Government. It does not matter if this common enemy is real....or one invented for the purpose."

A heavily edited out of context quote from 'club of rome', not Strong

I donā€™t think it matters if you believe in global warming or not. Surely everyone must see the amount of waste and pollution we create with visible things never mind particulates. The U.K. has progressed enough technologically to be classed a disgrace by the way we continue to use non sustainable resource and pollute.

I personally donā€™t think Most current EV are the better solution, I know I keep harping on about it but hydrogen is surely the mass solution with current technology. Whether that is converting ICE to run on hydrogen or hydrogen powered fuel cells and regenerative technology to power an EV. As a petrolhead I do appreciate the neck braking potential of an electric driveboth setting off and stopping lol

Control divide and conquer, scream loud enough people will believe it seems so true in every aspect of our lives.

The reality very little is reported as it is , invariably an agenda behind it ...anyone remember brexit ? The lies that were told on all sides

Sorry Andrew but its scientists that are pushing this agenda not dodgy politicians and their crooked advisers like Johnson and Cummings. Politicians have spent decades resisting their conclusions.
And nobody is screaming.
And people believe in the possibility of global warming, because they have looked carefully at it and have concluded that we cannot sit back and do nothing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back