Is it the death knell for the combustion engine?

"New petrol and diesel cars banned from 2035. A ban on selling new petrol and diesel cars will be brought forward by five years to improve air quality, the prime minister will announce today. Boris Johnson will say that the sale of new combustion engine cars and vans will end in 2035 rather than 2040."

Don't panic, don't panic, no mention of MH's or vans or lorries.

That's alright then? :unsure:
here in spain speed boats cabin cruser boat of every size ,motor bikes , no seen one electric animals ,big planes.
on yes i came on one, are they bothered, today i saw 2 electric motor bikes,well its a start. ok pj

The internet is a wonderful tool.
But it’s filled with extremist views on everything from brexit, to making scrambled egg. The trick is to know how to make scrambled egg before going online, then removing the wheat from the chaff.

Always wise to remove wheat and chaff from scrambled eggs. (y) ;)

Well here's an interesting thing, as per the OP the petrol/deisel ban is being brought forward to better air quality.
Now it's announced we are leaving EASA, at first I was puzzled, but then it became obvious, BoJo wants to set us up as a maintenance hub for N reg biz jets in Europe, nice business plan, not so good for air quality.

This is what will kill the combustion engine,I can't see a valid argument for not going electric.
If you were concerned about the environment, you'd not have a car.
A typical electric car has a battery capacity of about 65kWh. That's the equivalent of four litres of diesel. It's very impressive that they get such good performance form so little energy. Still a long way to go to be the vehicle of choice for many people.

If you were concerned about the environment, you'd not have a car.
A typical electric car has a battery capacity of about 65kWh. That's the equivalent of four litres of diesel. It's very impressive that they get such good performance form so little energy. Still a long way to go to be the vehicle of choice for many people.

I am concerned about the environment which is why I don't have a car. It's just a pity my daily driver is a 7.5t truck lol.

To be fair, I think his carbon footprint is probably a lot lower than running a standard house and car.
I am sure it is. I actually did the calculations. When I'm away in the motorhome, my carbon footprint is less than half what it is when I'm at home.
The main difference is in the heating, so the saving is less in Summer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back