Fogstar drift batteries

I must admit it's all getting a bit addictive.

And at least I'll be able to impress (bore) my mates in the pub and pretend I know what I'm talking about.
I tried to impress the missus with the various screens, all I got was a glazed stare and gratitude for her now being able to use her hairdryer without ehu.

I tried to impress the missus with the various screens, all I got was a glazed stare and gratitude for her now being able to use her hairdryer without ehu.

The hairdryer thing and the fact that she will be able to use the Remoska without being on EHU was a major negotiating point when I told her how much it was all going to cost!

The hairdryer thing and the fact that she will be able to use the Remoska without being on EHU was a major negotiating point when I told her how much it was all going to cost!
I'm counting on months of squabbling about charging stuff on this shake down trip sealing the deal. I'm not daft. 🤣

"It will all be a thing of the past dear. You can run your laptop and phone 24x7!"

Mind you if that turns out not it be the case I'll be divorced. 😳

You are all lost, gone to the great consumerism ranks. Look on the bright side though, wait a while as you start using more and more 230V gear and you will be able to look forwards to all those blue upgrades you can do next year 😂😂😂

You are all lost, gone to the great consumerism ranks. Look on the bright side though, wait a while as you start using more and more 230V gear and you will be able to look forwards to all those blue upgrades you can do next year 😂😂😂

I'm thinking I'll be able to go off in winter for a week off grid on my own with an entire recording studio with me and park on a hilltop and create an entire album with nobody to disturb me and a great space to record in. As daft as this sounds I did a fair bit of that in the old van.

The reality is ill just make a racket and get shitfaced for a week. 😁

• Funny
Reactions: smb
For you Barry it’s just setting a bar. You won’t be able to just pull up for weeks on end in the U.K. unless extremely frugal with 12V but you know that. I do it all year with much less than mentioned in these threads but I have the secret ingredient if I need it lol

For you Barry it’s just setting a bar. You won’t be able to just pull up for weeks on end in the U.K. unless extremely frugal with 12V but you know that. I do it all year with much less than mentioned in these threads but I have the secret ingredient if I need it lol

I hope you mean in winter! I would expect with our usage a 300ah lithium and 300w+ of solar to allow us to use as much power as we like April to October without moving or plugging in. Winter I would hope for at least a couple of weeks.

Yes, I forgot about the Remoska and lining my stomach. Just bought a low-power (600w) Raclette to grill my post-beer fried breakfast, I'll be interested to see how well it heats up at that wattage

I hope you mean in winter! I would expect with our usage a 300ah lithium and 300w+ of solar to allow us to use as much power as we like April to October without moving or plugging in. Winter I would hope for at least a couple of weeks.
Yes I mean in times of little solar for days on end. It is all down to what you use when you aren’t charging, or charging little though. 300Ah without any topping up would do me 4/5 days easy enough. I tend to try and not use too much depending on if I am static for long or not. I would get genny out every two and a half days to get SoC up if staying static and poor weather. That said I haven’t used the genny since maybe October last year and spent most of the Winter in Scotland. 👍

Yes I mean in times of little solar for days on end. It is all down to what you use when you aren’t charging, or charging little though. 300Ah without any topping up would do me 4/5 days easy enough. I tend to try and not use too much depending on if I am static for long or not. I would get genny out every two and a half days to get SoC up if staying static and poor weather. That said I haven’t used the genny since maybe October last year and spent most of the Winter in Scotland. 👍

I assumed 300ah would last me yonks with no solar considering we used to get four or five days out of a 110 lead acid before we had solar. When you think about it 300ah lithium is like 500ah lead acid as you can use most of it and not half so it's like 9 x 110ah lead acids without doing the maths.

A quickie... the renogy 50A dc / dc charger includes an MPPT for solar (max 25v though), and a battery condition monitor, all for similar price to the victron... decisions, decisions..!

How much Solar do you have?

I've been learning about this recently! 🙂
Only have 100W at the moment, via a small Victron mppt.......may upgrade sometime in the future

OK, this is actually a bit more pricey than the victron, but it does 2(or 3) jobs at once. Max is 660W of solar with it. Quite like the monitor function..

Blimey thanks for that Dave.

I might go for the 2000w at £180.
Might do likewise, the deal seems to last till Aug 26. Tempting to go for the 3000W for £201, but its quite a bit bigger...The remote on/off switch looks useful, to isolate it, to reduce the standby power (which is quite high at 1.3A).
One function I like is the ability to automatically switch the 13A sockets from inverter to EHU supplies.

Might do likewise, the deal seems to last till Aug 26. Tempting to go for the 3000W for £201, but its quite a bit bigger...The remote on/off switch looks useful, to isolate it, to reduce the standby power (which is quite high at 1.3A).
One function I like is the ability to automatically switch the 13A sockets from inverter to EHU supplies.

Now ordered Dave. I owe you a beer!

Thanks again.

I noticed that but not quite sure how it achieves it?
If It detects 240V on its mains INPUT connector, it passes this 240v through direct to its 2 mains OUTPUT sockets (10A max).
When the 240V input is removed (eg Remove EHU) then it detects this, and switches the inverter circuits on, and supplies its 2 output sockets with 'inverter' power.

Quite clever, and designed for a UPS situation, where maybe you need to ensure constant power to a computer for example.

Not sure whether its sensible to use this function in our vans, i would probably prefer a manual change over (contacter) switch..

Back