Fogstar drift batteries

That looks like a good plan, luckily I have an existing ignition on live feed from the auxiliary heater I removed directly above this locker. 👍

I didn’t know the original Orions had temp and current throttling issues, that probably explains why so many are being sold off on eBay and FB. I had always assumed people were just getting rid of them because they have a relatively feeble output.

I am more than happy with the Sterling bb1260, I own two and have fitted many, Sterling regularly sell reconditioned ones relatively cheaply and the output is about the max most alternators can cope with especially under continuous load lithium presents for a few hours.

Only down side is getting ones head around the crazy menu system to configure them!

I'm toying with the idea of putting a lithium battery into the motorhome, I have definitely have room for the 300 amp Fogstar drift, but the 460 amp looks better value for money per amp, but it would be a very tight squeeze and on on the specs it's say this
  • Nominal Capacity 460Ah
  • Nominal Voltage 12V
  • Recommended Charge Voltage 14.4V
  • Max Cont. Discharge 200A.

• Yet on the 300 amp battery in the specs it states that the max Cont discharge is 250 amp which is higher than the 460amp one, could someone please explain what this means please.
  • I hoping to run my Renolgy 2000watt Inverter for charging our electric bikes, wife's hairdryer and a 900 watt microwave and a 900 watt air fryer, obviously not all at the same time. Would the 300 amp Fogstar drift and current inverter be sufficient .

• I currently have 260 watt of solar going through a Victron MPPT. I'm also looking at the Victron Orion XS 50 amp DC to DC charger and the 30 amp Victron IP22 mains charger. I currently have two AGM 110amp batteries which I bought last year, which I would be swapping out for lithium. Thank you
Hi
After a recommendation from my sister who is starting their full conversion journey. They received great advice and support in planning the electric system through nohma. I’ve also just purchased a replacement LB through them. Fogstar Drift PRO 460ah.

So that means my three Relion RB100 batteries with a 100amp draw each is 300amp draw in total (y)

So would two 230ah be better?

I see they have introduced an Eco Drift series, seems to have no heat pads, which I haven't got now or bluetooth which if you already have the Victron set up is no real hardship. Downside is the 6 year warranty instead of their normal 10 years. They will be available in August, 306ah for £499.00.

Regards,
Del

Thanks for that link Del.

I pre-ordered mine the other day and it arrives in 2 weeks.

Anyone know what has happened to the 5% discount code for fogstar batteries please, just had a look on both sites and it seems to have disappeared.

Yes tried that but it doesn't give you the 5% discount code, I wonder if it's use as been banned as they have a sale on today.

Just looked at the sale and sadly it doesn't include the Drift Eco which I have pre ordered, not surprised though as it is a good price already.

Interestingly though they say on the website that they are expecting the first shipment of the 305AH Eco in October 2024 but they have sent me an email telling me it will be shipped in 2 weeks.

Just looked at the sale and sadly it doesn't include the Drift Eco which I have pre ordered, not surprised though as it is a good price already.

Interestingly though they say on the website that they are expecting the first shipment of the 305AH Eco in October 2024 but they have sent me an email telling me it will be shipped in 2 weeks.

Just thinking about this and it may well be that the first batch of the 305's may all be pre ordered so they are now taking pre orders for a second batch.

Did I read earlier somewhere else that the Fogstar drift eco does not have Bluetooth for monitoring or did I imagine it?

Well I've ordered the Fogstar drift 300 amp battery whilst the sale is on, reduced from £849.00 to £722.00 bargain. I've also ordered the Victron Orion XS 50 Amp DC to DC from Alpha batteries using the discount code thanks Phil, bringing the price down to £268.00. Also bought the Victron IP22 30 amp AC charger 3 outlet on eBay for £139.00, hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will get round to swapping out my two 110amp AGM batteries.

Well I've ordered the Fogstar drift 300 amp battery whilst the sale is on, reduced from £849.00 to £722.00 bargain. I've also ordered the Victron Orion XS 50 Amp DC to DC from Alpha batteries using the discount code thanks Phil, bringing the price down to £268.00. Also bought the Victron IP22 30 amp AC charger 3 outlet on eBay for £139.00, hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will get round to swapping out my two 110amp AGM batteries.

Be interested to head about the Fogstar drift 300 as I think that's the one I might be getting if and when I get my install done later in the summer. Nice discount.

Be interested to head about the Fogstar drift 300 as I think that's the one I might be getting if and when I get my install done later in the summer. Nice discount.
I'll keep you informed, would really have liked to have gone for the 460amp one, but it wouldn't have fitted in the existing battery compartment.

That is exactly the set up I am looking at for my upgrade, may just have room for the 460ah one though..

Just looking at Alpha, and their 400Ah 'Explorer' battery (with heaters and BMS) is around £920 with our discount (The 300Ah one is around £770) . Anyone have any comparisons with the fogstar?

i have the 460 very happy with it was a tight fit so the 640 long 560 & 608 both in the same case would not have fitted mine has the 200 BMS i think you could buy a pro version with a 300BMS though about £200 more

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back