Booked myself an appointment

wildebus

Very relieved that Susie finally got her first jab today. No date for the next one, but told to expect the full 12 weeks.
and with the slowdown in deliveries and a desire to make sure they have enough quantity for 2nd doses with the 12 week period, it wouldn't surprise me if after a certain date, no more first doses given regardless of JVCI Priority Group

• Sad
Reactions: 2cv

mariesnowgoose

This is what Carol has done.

If your first jab was Pfizer you can phone the cancellation number on your letter and asked to be placed on standby for cancellations.

She says that by the end of the day she had a text with an appointment, but on the same day in the afternoon she got a phone call saying come as soon as it’s convenient. She said it was well worth the phone call. Because it is Pfizer there is pressure to use it up and someone usually cancels. 🤷‍♀️ (y)

trixie88

had second phizzer jab last thursday..............she grapped a lump of flesh in upper arm..........and jabbed into it.........MY, DID IT HURT.......then it started bleeding and it took some time to stop it.......that night i noticed my vein......in the crook of my arm...(.where they usually take blood from) WAS SWOLLEN AND VERY BLUE and bruising ........now rather concerned that she may have accidently injected vaccine into a vein at the top of my arm.
anyone else had this happen..........not happy about it. rather worried.

2cv

had second phizzer jab last thursday..............she grapped a lump of flesh in upper arm..........and jabbed into it.........MY, DID IT HURT.......then it started bleeding and it took some time to stop it.......that night i noticed my vein......in the crook of my arm...(.where they usually take blood from) WAS SWOLLEN AND VERY BLUE and bruising ........now rather concerned that she may have accidently injected vaccine into a vein at the top of my arm.

Maybe worth ringing 111 for their advice.

trixie88

Maybe worth ringing 111 for their advice.
thank you 2CV.......will probably give GP a ring tomorrow...........bruising and swelling in crook of arm went the next day Friday...however its still leaving me rather worried........take care

Reactions: 2cv

wildebus

Called the (Scottish) National Helpdesk this afternoon as the email I got a week ago said call again if don't hear in a week ....

And this time on the system!
Seems like they might be working on basis of Postcodes rather then medical records or whatever, as there are two people in the house within the JCVI priority groups. One (the OH) has an appointment at the local hub in a couple of weeks time at 11:00 AM; the other (me) has an appointment on the same day at 11:05!

Dead handy, but given what I have read here about timing and locations of couples appointments, quite surprising :)

wildebus

Sounds more a consequence of the application rather than the vaccine that was administered?
When I used to give blood it was a touch of pot luck if there was no bruising whatsoever or a big blue bruise.

I have "jumping veins" so hopefully will get the right bit stabbed when it is my turn!

trixie88

Sounds more a consequence of the application rather than the vaccine that was administered?
When I used to give blood it was a touch of pot luck if there was no bruising whatsoever or a big blue bruise.

I have "jumping veins" so hopefully will get the right bit stabbed when it is my turn!
oh yes definately caused by applicatioin wildbus......like i said i think she injected into a vein... and that was what caused the vein lower down in crook of arm to swell and go black and blue...not my arm itself..........what worries me is ....will this render the 2nd jab ineffective........and any repercussions from vaccine going into my blood stream instead of into muscle etc......
called 111........however after speaking to three different people....first two didnt know.....third one said i shouldnt be concerned.........as it was unlikely to have gone into the vein...............
well if thats the case why did my vein swell up and go black and blue (in the crook of my arm.......which is much lower down than where i was jabed).

..if it didnt go into the vein,,,,,,why did the jab site bleed so much. and take quite some time to stop it.........

....i could understand it if the jab site had bruising......but certainly i should not have experienced it in the vein where a blood sample is uaually taken..........

hope all goes well with your jab wildbus....take care

st3v3

oh yes definately caused by applicatioin wildbus......like i said i think she injected into a vein... and that was what caused the vein lower down in crook of arm to swell and go black and blue...not my arm itself..........what worries me is ....will this render the 2nd jab ineffective........and any repercussions from vaccine going into my blood stream instead of into muscle etc......
called 111........however after speaking to three different people....first two didnt know.....third one said i shouldnt be concerned.........as it was unlikely to have gone into the vein...............
well if thats the case why did my vein swell up and go black and blue (in the crook of my arm.......which is much lower down than where i was jabed).

..if it didnt go into the vein,,,,,,why did the jab site bleed so much. and take quite some time to stop it.........

....i could understand it if the jab site had bruising......but certainly i should not have experienced it in the vein where a blood sample is uaually taken..........

I'd keep nagging. I don't like to pay too much attention to needles, but I have seen needle in, withdraw plunger looking for lack of blood, then inject.

No idea if that is standard practice for CV vaccine, but definitely nag.

wildebus

It was only today when I looked at a picture of a box of AZ vaccines I saw it said "intra muscular". It only then twigged that injections go into muscles! (you can tell I am clearly medically trained :p ). I am really only used to needles being used to remove things i.e. blood and so into veins.
I was thinking today actually that if the vaccine was injected to the bloodstream would it actually get around the body faster in fact and get to the heart and lungs quicker? (but obviously the people making them know what they are doing).
It is a shame that the Covid-19 Vaccine cannot be administered via a sugarcube, like the Polio (I think it is?) one. Maybe that will come at some time - it would be so much easier and faster to deploy if that could happen.

Hopefully you will get some answers and I would hope as it got in the body - even in an unconvential route - it will have been having an effect :)

wildebus

I'd keep nagging. I don't like to pay too much attention to needles, but I have seen needle in, withdraw plunger looking for lack of blood, then inject.

No idea if that is standard practice for CV vaccine, but definitely nag.
I always look in a different direction!

Debroos

Could you not phone your surgery and speak to a doctor about it?

mariesnowgoose

If it's anything like our surgery 'tis tricky.

Never had a problem before, in fact they're an excellent GP practice, but....

Since last Friday (nearly a week!) I have been unable to get through to them on the phone.
It's been constantly engaged, no matter what time of day you ring.
Don't know what the issue is, but its not good.

I have had to resort to putting down in writing what I wanted to discuss with the doc and have sent poor Neil up to the surgery to hand it over at the reception desk!

Coming to some sad state of affairs when you have to old-fashioned write to the GP to get through to them!!! 😡

They're gonna regret having made me do that when the doc reads the letter .... :devilish: 👹:ROFLMAO: :cool:

Gawd help the other poor blummin patients who are housebound etc.

trixie88

phoned doc yesterday (wednesday)....she said she is not worried about it???????Hmmmm,, rather mistrustful of medical folk after my experiences over the past few years.......

,,just hope it hasnt rendered the 2nd jab ineffective...if its gone round my blood stream instead of muscle as the liver will have probably mopped it up..
or worse still hope it doesnt interfere with C treatment..

Last edited: