Booked myself an appointment

Not too bad here. Very mild hangover would be the best way to describe it. No head ache, but have that feeling you have before you get a head ache, hasn’t developed though.

Very tired though, but I did have a panic attack about 5 mins after the jab, a decent panic attack can knock you out for a day, so probably a bit of both.

Interesting to see one of the stories behind how the vaccines are supplied. Link

That's a kind of good/bad news story, Bill, thanks for posting - very interesting.

Explains a little more about behind the scenes what with all the international vaccine bickering going on right now.

Let's hope Mr Poonawalla cracks on with the manufacturing at his end, for all our sakes(y)

Reactions: 2cv
Not too bad here. Very mild hangover would be the best way to describe it. No head ache, but have that feeling you have before you get a head ache, hasn’t developed though.

Very tired though, but I did have a panic attack about 5 mins after the jab, a decent panic attack can knock you out for a day, so probably a bit of both.

Mark61

sorry to hear you had your Panic Attack within only 5 minutes of the Jab.Had reality set in that there is no turning back at that stage? Or did you feel relieved that you had had it and felt a little safer?

I admit I feel thankful and relieved to have had my first one. At least we are now guaranteed the 2nd jab.

Whichever it was hope you feeling a little better now

atb Michael

Mark61

sorry to hear you had your Panic Attack within only 5 minutes of the Jab.Had reality set in that there is no turning back at that stage? Or did you feel relieved that you had had it and felt a little safer?

I admit I feel thankful and relieved to have had my first one. At least we are now guaranteed the 2nd jab.

Whichever it was hope you feeling a little better now

atb Michael
Thank you.

No idea really, damn good nap afterwards though. :)

My experience was also like a mild hangover and just lasted a couple of hours then I was fine.

As for panic attacks, I've not had one for a long while but they are very serious and frightening and I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

I booked an appointment for tomorrow :)

For the Vaccine? Nah, don't be daft - more chance of a pig flying than getting an invite for one of them around here :(
Booked a Covid Test - they are easy to get and thought 'why not' :unsure:

Most people get a text from their local health centre to make an appointment not a letter.
I didn’t get a text. I was sent a letter and missed my first appointment because I’m staying with my Dad as he recently had a stroke. He’s OK now. I had to wait for 10 days or so to get a new appointment. They told me I will get a letter and not a text for my second jab. So please don’t rely on a text. I hope this helps.

Most people get a text from their local health centre to make an appointment not a letter.
I got a letter saying I could book dates online OR phone 119 to book. The first vaccination centre I was given (on 119) for both jabs was 70 miles away.
I did the 140 mile round trip to get my first jab but was told to cancel the second date and try for a more local centre because more vaccination hubs were opening all the time.
I phoned 119 again and got a date for my second jab ( at the end of May) which is only 20 miles away.

Im in Cumbria and all the people I have talked to in my area were given both dates at the time of booking, either online or by phone.

I got a letter saying I could book dates online OR phone 119 to book. The first vaccination centre I was given (on 119) for both jabs was 70 miles away.
I did the 140 mile round trip to get my first jab but was told to cancel the second date and try for a more local centre because more vaccination hubs were opening all the time.
I phoned 119 again and got a date for my second jab ( at the end of May) which is only 20 miles away.

Im in Cumbria and all the people I have talked to in my area were given both dates at the time of booking, either online or by phone.

Mrs D got her second jab date at the same time as booking her first but I didnt. My first just came by a text link but nothing about the second date. I presume I just have to wait to be contacted.

I didn’t get a text. I was sent a letter and missed my first appointment because I’m staying with my Dad as he recently had a stroke. He’s OK now. I had to wait for 10 days or so to get a new appointment. They told me I will get a letter and not a text for my second jab. So please don’t rely on a text. I hope this helps.
Think it is carrier pigeon here?

Mrs D got her second jab date at the same time as booking her first but I didnt. My first just came by a text link but nothing about the second date. I presume I just have to wait to be contacted.

M-I-L has missed her second jab appointment.
Nobody had bothered contacting her to notify her of the date and time - she received no letter, phone call or text. 🤬
Only found out from her GP at the end of last week, but she still no idea now when replacement appointment is happening 😡

Our GP definitely doesn't do text notifications here.
We both got an NHS letter for the first jab when it was our 'group' (y)
Neil booked into a hub online 20 miles away, then GP phoned out of the blue 3 days later and offered him a much earlier jab at the surgery instead.
He has since found it is impossible to cancel the appointment he originally made online 🤷‍♂️

After getting the "letter", depending how you made your first appointment, it seems to vary quite a lot for the 2nd jab appointment, especially where 1st jab has been given via a GP surgery and not a hub.

It's definitely a little confusing! 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

My wife as a nurse had hers a long while back and was told by her boss on the day 'spare vaccines at **** clinic', if you are able please go. They had 6 spare Pfizer so 6 went - it's at one of their group clinics so only 10 miles away. She is expecting the same call this week for her 2nd as 2 were done on Friday and it's shocking how many don't turn up!! I had my first just over 3 weeks ago - had call saying 'calling on behalf of your surgery to invite you for your vaccination - booked there and then for the following week'. She told me to ignore any letters or texts ass this was firm booking. Immediately after jab (Pfizer) I was given a card with date for 2nd jab and told at same place at same time. Told it was firm booking and wouldn't be cancelled as they'd hold vaccines that week to ensure second doses given. It was all incredibly well organised.

Woke up this morning with a soar arm and feeling like I was drunk so rang work to say I wasn't coming in apparently my boss must be a doctor as told me he was fine after his jab I told him the nurse said side effects are common and she told me to take time off if any symptoms so after a heated argument I asked him if he really wanted me to risk coming in and driving my van and crashing I had my phone on loud speaker Julie was shocked how he spoke to me I told her that's how bosses treat you at royal mail hoping it only lasts 24 hours or will be round 2 tomorrow with my boss

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back