Booked myself an appointment

mariesnowgoose

Just had call from surgery 10 mins ago, must have been literally minutes after Neil dropped my letter off.

Amazing what an old fashioned communication can achieve!
Wonder if anybody even remembers what letters are these days? :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

Anyway, I've got my second jab booked at GPs a week tomorrow. Yay!

That's less that 8 weeks since the first jab, so hopefully the 2nd jab will be slightly more effective than it would have been if I'd had to wait the full 12 weeks. They aren't currently allowed within the guidelines to offer a 2nd jab at less that 8 weeks from the 1st - or so I've been told.

Result. That's another irritating worry ticked off the to do list (y);) 🥳

mariesnowgoose

,,just hope it hasnt rendered the 2nd jab ineffective...if its gone round my blood stream instead of muscle...... or worse still hope it doesnt interfere with C treatment..

Very much doubt it will have done either of those, Trixie, stop worrying (y);) xx

Debroos

If it's anything like our surgery 'tis tricky.

Never had a problem before, in fact they're an excellent GP practice, but....

Since last Friday (nearly a week!) I have been unable to get through to them on the phone.
It's been constantly engaged, no matter what time of day you ring.
Don't know what the issue is, but its not good.

I have had to resort to putting down in writing what I wanted to discuss with the doc and have sent poor Neil up to the surgery to hand it over at the reception desk!

Coming to some sad state of affairs when you have to old-fashioned write to the GP to get through to them!!! 😡

They're gonna regret having made me do that when the doc reads the letter .... :devilish: 👹:ROFLMAO: :cool:

Gawd help the other poor blummin patients who are housebound etc.
Just discovered our nhs dentist has changed its rules and we are no longer on the books. New regime is they only treat anyone who is nhs after they have treated everyone who is private. In our case that would be mid June....as that is so far in the future they are not taking appointments...catch 22 and f.o. methinks.
Specsavers also have no nhs appointments and offered us a 'very reasonable' deal for a check up....bye bye nhs.

wildebus

Just discovered our nhs dentist has changed its rules and we are no longer on the books. New regime is they only treat anyone who is nhs after they have treated everyone who is private. In our case that would be mid June....as that is so far in the future they are not taking appointments...catch 22 and f.o. methinks.
Specsavers also have no nhs appointments and offered us a 'very reasonable' deal for a check up....bye bye nhs.
I thought Dentists were still closed for NHS appointments due to some (very strange) regulation, so can only treat Private currently? (I have wondered how much the nations already poor teeth & gum health will have declined in the last 12 months :( )

Ref Specsavers, how much is a eye test now?
In Scotland eye treatment seems to be totally free and Specsavers are as far as I can tell operating normally (within the social distancing regulations). I've had a couple of letters reminding me to schedule an annual checkup.
I needed a fairly urgent appointment last Sept during the Keslo meet ... called them in the morning and went in the next day.

Debroos

I thought Dentists were still closed for NHS appointments due to some (very strange) regulation, so can only treat Private currently? (I have wondered how much the nations already poor teeth & gum health will have declined in the last 12 months :( )

In Scotland eye treatment seems to be totally free and Specsavers are as far as I can tell operating normally (within the social distancing regulations). I've had a couple of letters reminding me to schedule an annual checkup.
I needed a fairly urgent appointment last Sept during the Keslo meet ... called them in the morning and went in the next day.
It could be just our local specsavers who are very booked up. They are sending details of their package but I don't see why we should pay if we are entitled not to under the nhs. Trying not to get angry...
Re the dentist, it was news to us too. They are bupa...

mariesnowgoose

My NHS dentist has apparently been operating right throughout the pandemic, no 'strange regulations' here.

He and his wife operate a 100% NHS practice, as far as I know.
They are like hen's teeth, so I feel quite lucky to have found them a few years back.

Maybe dentistry is different in Scotland, David?

wildebus

My NHS dentist has apparently been operating right throughout the pandemic, no 'strange regulations' here.

He and his wife operate a 100% NHS practice, as far as I know.
They are like hen's teeth, so I feel quite lucky to have found them a few years back.

Maybe dentistry is different in Scotland, David?
Dentistry has definately been affected. Dental students are going to have to retake an entire year as no practical training in practices have been taking place. my checkups have been cancelled and only emergencies dealt with.

This was a year ago and maybe as more mitigations have been developed, things changed.

This I think looks an interesting article ... https://dentistry.co.uk/2021/03/29/nhs-dental-targets-increase-to-60-from-april/

colinm

Going back to first lockdown our NHS dentist was only treating emergency cases, sometime since then they returned to standard treatments. Our optician was also doing something similar, I had to have replacement glasses last summer and they where concerned as to the readout from 'puffer', got sent to local Moorfields clinic, turns out I just look hard. :ROFLMAO:

alcam

Going back to first lockdown our NHS dentist was only treating emergency cases, sometime since then they returned to standard treatments. Our optician was also doing something similar, I had to have replacement glasses last summer and they where concerned as to the readout from 'puffer', got sent to local Moorfields clinic, turns out I just look hard. :ROFLMAO:
My dentist is definitely taking appointments . I'm just using covid as an excuse not to go !

Biggarmac

Just checked on the online booking site and found that my second jab will be on 20th April. Now I can make plans for the beginning of May as the 12 week date was up on 3rd may and I wanted to be away then. I should have got over any reactions by then.

alcam

Just checked on the online booking site and found that my second jab will be on 20th April. Now I can make plans for the beginning of May as the 12 week date was up on 3rd may and I wanted to be away then. I should have got over any reactions by then.
Curious what percentage get a reaction ? I felt nothing , not even a little prick .
Think I've been conned

colinm

Curious what percentage get a reaction ? I felt nothing , not even a little prick .
Think I've been conned
On my first AZ jab, no reaction at all, everyone else I've asked had a couple of days of feeling rough.

2cv

Glad that you’ve got the second jab booked. Could you put up a link to the online booking site that you used as the one that we were using has broken.

wildebus

there is a 3 week period quoted from the date of the first jab until that takes full effect. Is there any date mentioned for the 2nd one from which date you get the full 2-dose protection or is it near immediate do you know?
(still waiting on my first :( )