Advice on buying a motorhome private

Trust me. I usually do get my own way. I just knew not to push it this time. I bought a four berth cabin cruiser once against her wishes. At least I had somewhere to kip for a while. :ROFLMAO:

That's what boats are for Barry. My last one was my bolt hole, especially when it was moored near the town centre.

That's what boats are for Barry. My last one was my bolt hole, especially when it was moored near the town centre.

Yep. Michelle hardly ever came over to mine. We led separate lives back then though and had done for years. I only discovered I was married a few years back. :ROFLMAO:

I bet Im not allowed to go off in the new van on my own. Now there's a thought. Who fancies a massive boys weekend in Hank the Tank mk1? The Lake District! Afterwards we can give it a Viking funeral or summat and set it off across Ullswater!

Yep. Michelle hardly ever came over to mine. We led separate lives back then though and had done for years. I only discovered I was married a few years back. :ROFLMAO:

I bet Im not allowed to go off in the new van on my own. Now there's a thought. Who fancies a massive boys weekend in Hank the Tank mk1? The Lake District! Afterwards we can give it a Viking funeral or summat and set it off across Ullswater!

I'm up for that Barry, bet Tim will be too and it wouldn't be too far for Kev (ever seen a Bear get drunk?) in fact all the bikers can come it will be better up there than Bugsworth as there are more pubs to infest!

I'm up for that Barry, bet Tim will be too and it wouldn't be too far for Kev (ever seen a Bear get drunk?) in fact all the bikers can come it will be better up there than Bugsworth as there are more pubs to infest!

Well it could happen. Might be very last minute though. Don't want to tempt fate but as soon as the new van is ready should it all go ahead we will be off but it could well be a month or so away yet minimum. That will go down well. I'm just off to the lakes dear in Old Hank. Ill leave you to sort out all the jobs in the new one. :D

Will the bloke hold it for you just in case someone rocks up today/tomorrow Barry?

Will the bloke hold it for you just in case someone rocks up today/tomorrow Barry?

Another reason I wanted to go today. I don't know is the answer. There has been little interest though, his words not mine. I would like to think so. He could of course deploy the old "I have someone else interested, are you making an offer?" Ploy. Don't think so though. We haven't discussed money yet. I will be haggling though.

I feel the longer you leave it the less chance it will happen unless you left a deposit but even then...

If it's on 15 inch the rears need to be 235's not 215's.
Fronts can be the original 215
I have 130 ducato uprated to 4000kg.

If it's on 15 inch the rears need to be 235's not 215's.
Fronts can be the original 215
I have 130 ducato uprated to 4000kg.
Mine are 225/70 R15 and are good for the 2400kg rear axle. I think the one Barry is looking at will be 16" rims though

Mine are 225/70 R15 and are good for the 2400kg rear axle. I think the one Barry is looking at will be 16" rims though

Yes I think they have to be on the 4250kg Alko Chassis. Surprisingly being on the heavier 4250kg chassis is not always a guarantee of more payload. The Bailey 760SE we were looking at recently and before on the 3850 chassis has more payload than the Kontiki of about 15 years ago on the 4250kg chassis which was only about 500kg. My 3460KG Kontiki 640 from the last century has 690kg. I think they made them from chipboard and balsa wood then though. :LOL: Maybe Swift went back to that method with the Esprit I am hoping to buy. It felt much better quality than the Bailey though. I don't know how they have done it to be honest.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:213)

JVG, mark61, Pudsey Bear, pamjon, jacquigem, RichardHelen262, jeanette, caledonia, Wully, longtoedsloth, Jo001, Charlynch, oppy, runnach, Bigshug, Robmac, maingate, cooperman, r4dent, campervanannie, mistericeman, TeamRienza, Nabsim, winks, MartinFife, Fisherman, lthoel2, rugbyken, ajb70, izwozral, Scotia, Canalsman, clarkpeacock, Steve and Julie, Alberto, wildebus, Rod, colinm, yorkslass, korky, Drover, number14, andyjanet, Duetto 1999, Bouydog, NSY, AllanD, TJBi, RSD7a, jann, Boris7, Topmast, kingfisher1, GeoffL, Gerry Attrick, timatabsa, Tim120, hmssnake, trevskoda, guerdeval, ton27, tobym, stonedaddy, GinaRon, liz, Wooie1958, BigEus, ricc, mariesnowgoose, GMJ, hamsterberg27, Neckender, Dezi, marchie, davep10000, Heppy, exwindsurfer, ewen, Norfolk NewBoy, chrishunter, zzr1400tim, ironman, Murgzie, Tezza33, Gerti58, molly 2, yeoblade, merl, Fazerloz, alanfleming, Glass man, Obanboy666, Martin P, Lioncrunch, DTF, Dowel, 1807truckman, mrlobby, iampatman, Outdoors Dad, Sharon the Cat, n brown, cornish hymer, Mandoman, tripper, shortcircuit, helmit, maxsdad, Millie Master, neildent, 2cv, glekay, Cass, kensowerby, HurricaneSmith, flying kipper, marsden, Andys, SquirrellCook, dtdunn, REC, Gasdave, V1nny, guym3, VandA, Tapfitter, dannyktm, Divine Right, BigD003, Ellendale, BM48, eriksleden, Magsw, Mick H, vtwinner, davef, Minky, horace, roady987, jas900, tribute11, in it for fun, Moocher, Sheila Bryant, Motoroamer, iris dement, Tim1953, mrs t, Tarmacapache, Daz65, Yolo, SApril, Thistle, Elfit, knowledgeseeker, Lib, 2Coops, Nickrock, Sue Paskins, TeamPuffin, Nomad Nelly, Rutaria, Mikekilbride, Rolyan57, Mobilvetta, David Glassford, noah and nelly, Bubble, Mikecoo, Rupert, Jiwawa, campingfun, TCall, Gingersgirl, gettingolder2, WalesGraham, coundonroad, G and T, kwil69, Wardy73, bnb080, GWAYGWAY, barrypat, Hamewilldaeme, Richard Surgey, Hornet49, alcam, Firefox, Goofer, Carrerasax, WingNut, petermotorhome, swedenut, Texastom, chrisvs57, bartman, reiverlad, Kennymac, Gadabout2, 1 Cup, Quiddle, gasgas, Lee, Hagg3066, ScarletPimple, davidjlambert, Glandwr, Palette, Owlhouse, Val54, Adriafan, Blackdog, roddew,
Back