We got away to Norway.

I pretended to book...but no sailings !
Yes strange.
I got up to the prices .For me 6.4 metres i get away with being 6 metres 🙄 but not sure of this ferry.If like the bridge it measures your vehicle I,d be paying similar to the oresund bridge,as far as I could see.

It,s looking likely to be the weekend for us to exit sweden.The weather has turned nasty so we,re currently halfway down,parked up beside a lake together with 4 or so other motorhomes. Plenty of data left on the EE sim card so watching tipping point and the chase.
20200903_183030.jpg

My investigations show the ferries not to be cheap.. especially the longer ones.
They might save some fuel cost and time but not much !

Over the Oresund bridge and happy with the price.390 DKK which equates to about £46.69.One more bridge to go but having a rest in a service area,fresh water free plus waste disposal here kongsted services.The small threaded adapter needed here which I dont have but pushing the rubber seal tight to the tap worked ok
20200905_151216.jpg
20200905_154636.jpg

It evened out after the next bridge.I checked my halifax clarity account and about £93.82 has been taken out.we went through the card lane and the barriers opened on green for us.I would assume my registration and card were remembered and then the appropiate amount charged.
According to the prices online with my 6.4 metres length and approx 2.7 height I should have been charged £131 so I,ll keep an eye on it.

Hello! I’ve got this link to a new e-guidebook about the Nordics... https://www.theindieprojects.com/travel-the-nordics-guide-book
it is available and produced by The Indie Projects, who are a young ‘Van life’ couple, Bee and Theo, who have travelled there several times, and were also one of the couples taking part in the recent BBC programme ‘Win the wilderness: Alaska’ on winning a home in the remote forest. They also have produced a book on the cost of travelling to Finland... https://www.theindieprojects.com/blog/Costofdrivingtofinland
I follow them on their YouTube channel, where they are currently renovating a barn on their land in Portugal.

Our last stop in Denmark for the night ,a popular spot by the look of it as there were about 8 other campervans when we arrived.middelfart. Just looked nice and with that name why not !It,s a free parkup with good toilets with warm water.
We are well on the way now on the stretch through germany,many holdups but could be worse as there arent many trucks on a sunday.Having a nap then travelling another 100 miles or so .Heading for bray dunes tomorrow for an early eurotunnel on tuesday and home.
20200905_184735.jpg
20200905_184717.jpg

Glad you had a great trip with reasonable weather when we came down thru Norway in June 2 yrs ago we had some rain every day. Thanks for posting

Last edited:
Glad you had a great trip with reasonable weather when we came down thru Norway in June 2 yrs ago we had some rain every day. Thanks for posting
May was good for us on our first trip 2 years ago.27 degrees in Finland arctic circle.Better weather next time for you hopefully.

After passing through France, was quarantine not mentioned?

After passing through France, was quarantine not mentioned?
Not mentioned and no response after filling in the form.We were only verbally asked if we had filled it in before boarding.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back