We got away to Norway.

We've took a right turn and a change of scenery and came over to Sweden .No checks through the border, we drove through ok.
Hardly any other traffic on the road and the weather has improved to a warm sunny day.
Now parked up next to a lake ready for this evening to see if the lights make an appearance.
I spoke to a german who had been touring sweden for the last 8 weeks and he said he,d been turned back at the Finnish border 2 weeks ago.I was hoping to drive into finland but now not certain of the current situation.More googling later on.
20200827_140230.jpg
20200827_140435.jpg
20200827_140240.jpg

Really love this thread as it’s bringing back some fantastic memories. We were fortunate enough to live in Norway (Bergen) for 5 years in the distant past pre-motorhome days (although we did have a boat and a hytte) and absolutely loved the place. Would really love to go back in the motorhome but wish the Newcastle to Stavanger/Bergen ferry still ran to make it easy for us.

We've took a right turn and a change of scenery and came over to Sweden .No checks through the border, we drove through ok.
Hardly any other traffic on the road and the weather has improved to a warm sunny day.
Now parked up next to a lake ready for this evening to see if the lights make an appearance.
I spoke to a german who had been touring sweden for the last 8 weeks and he said he,d been turned back at the Finnish border 2 weeks ago.I was hoping to drive into finland but now not certain of the current situation.More googling later on.

The latest I found is here.

3.1 Partial continuation of internal border control: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Internal border control will continue to be in place in travel between Finland and Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland, with the exception of pleasure craft travel.

Those wishing to cross the internal border must use border crossing points where border control has been reinstated. Crossing the border in other places is not permitted without a border crossing permit.

Does a touring motorhome count as a place of isolation after crossing borders?

Does a touring motorhome count as a place of isolation after crossing borders?
Not sure,we havent been asked to isolate yet but everyone in motorhomes and campers even cars who are doing the same must be thinking they do.

We watched the aurora last night till the early hours. Made a fire View attachment 85970to keep warm and keep the mossies away. This morning fresh wood beside the firepit.We met some young kiddies arrived as we were walking back to the camper,very polite and no trouble.We think it was them left it.
This is tonights stopover 18 miles away but still in the zone for the lights clouds permitting.
20200829_171329.jpg

If you are going to go to Norway don't forget to stock upon booze before you go, its hard to buy it over there.

If you are going to go to Norway don't forget to stock upon booze before you go, its hard to buy it over there.

2 booze related stories from when we lived in a Norway, things may have changed now though.

Back then wines and spirits had to be purchased from government shops (vinmonopol) and purchases were pretty tightly controlled. We had a visit to our office from some high ranking French executives so decided to lay on a bit of an evening for them. I went to the vinmonopol and attempted to buy all our requirements. The result was I got put on the blacklist by the vinmonopol and wasn’t allowed to buy any more booze for a month despite me explaining that I wasn’t buying for my own personal consumption.

We kept a boat south of Bergen and decided to take it away one weekend when the weather was really good. We had forgotten to stock up on beer but no problem because beer could be purchased in supermarkets, so I headed off to buy a crate of beer for the weekend. Unknown to me each district (kommune) in a Norway has slightly different rules regarding booze and in the kommune where we kept the boat a crate of beer had to be ordered a week in advance, purchasers on the day were allowed 2 bottles! So a fantastic weekend in the boat in beautiful weather with only 2 bottles of beer!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back