We got away to Norway.

mid4did

Free Member
We left uk via the eurotunnel early wednesday and currently parked up high up on the E51 road beside a lake on one side and snow capped peaks on the other.Not our planned trip but brought forward from the intended one next may.No problems on the drive here,got checked and asked questions in denmark as we came out of a citycamp resting place but no checks on the ferry hirshals to langesund..on polarsteps for those interested.
20200815_120327.jpg
20200815_122156.jpg

I looked on the norway site to see who they let in with no isolation needed but noticed that motorhomes from netherland and belgium drove off with no problems.Looks like I,ll be heading back the same route in 6 weeks or so.
Norwegian travel advice.

I have just had a brief check in routes. When I originally looked a couple of years ago I was going to drive through Denmark then Sweden then Norway. Now I see that Sweden is a quarantine zone for Norway. Travelling with a dog I don’t want to spend a long time in a ferry. Did you pre-book a ferry or just turn up? How long was the trip?

I have just had a brief check in routes. When I originally looked a couple of years ago I was going to drive through Denmark then Sweden then Norway. Now I see that Sweden is a quarantine zone for Norway. Travelling with a dog I don’t want to spend a long time in a ferry. Did you pre-book a ferry or just turn up? How long was the trip?
I booked the trip with Aferry on wednesday sailing friday 9am.There was a couple dogs on leads onboard.We headed up to the top deck in the open air ,plenty of seats with tables available to keep to the distancing rules.This trip was 4h30m but there is a faster Cat at 2h30m which only went up to 6 metres for vehicles.Mine is 6m on paper but 6.4 in reality so I stuck to the slower boat.😁

Yes, I’m 6.75m so it would be the slow boat for me too (provided it isn't the one to China). This certainly has me intrigued and I’ll be waiting to see more as your trip evolves. Thanks.

Thanks
we are 6.4m and used the Hirtsals Kristiansand speed ferry (2hours) no problem (2016)
Blog here

Maybe next year but depends on Sweden we woud aim for 3 months
Northwards in Sweden to Kiruna
Southwards in Norway
Rodby to Puttgarden and Oresund Bridge both ways
BUT we will have to see re covid-19

We left uk via the eurotunnel early wednesday and currently parked up high up on the E51 road beside a lake on one side and snow capped peaks on the other.Not our planned trip but brought forward from the intended one next may.No problems on the drive here,got checked and asked questions in denmark as we came out of a citycamp resting place but no checks on the ferry hirshals to langesund..on polarsteps for those interested.
View attachment 85441View attachment 85442
Brilliant

Some updates and piccys occasionally would be good as most tend to go south.

Have a great time

After a brief chat with the tour leader, it appears that as Spain is ”no way Jose” and France is now “non merci” then it’s going to be “Norway the lads” 😂

well it sounded funny in my head at least. 🤐

Norway it is then in 2 weeks time. I’d better start Planning. All of your input is very welcome.

Good thinking ,you know you wanted too.We,re currently in a large free car park beside the railway line in Andalsnes.Free water here and a rest before heading to the coast.40 -50 mph all the way,scenery has been stunning but parkups taken by lots of cars,hopefully just the weekend ones.
20200816_151051.jpg
20200816_151228.jpg
20200816_150108.jpg
20200816_151402.jpg

I hate you lot. 😜
The 'planning' this year was a 3 month trip up through Scandinavia as soon as hip was up to it. CV-19 put paid to that, the scheduled operation at end of march was cancelled.
Still keep us posted and we might get some tips. :)

Yesterda
Thanks
we are 6.4m and used the Hirtsals Kristiansand speed ferry (2hours) no problem
Thanks thats good to know,I,d also like to come back via sweden but as it is it looks like denmark again.

After leaving Andalsnes we headed around the fjord and spotted an old jetty along the way.A few casts and I had a large enough mackeral for tea.We carried on to a free site beside a lake for the night.Made some bread and had it with the fish.
20200819_194957.jpg
20200817_081158.jpg
20200818_095723.jpg
20200817_200740.jpg
20200817_131130.jpg

Lucky you got there when You did Quarantine from 22 August so to late to follow You . Enjoy your trip and keep teasing us with the photos

Ha !
Seeing your route !
We also like Grobbendonk and
Andalsnes followed by the Atlantic Bridges and Kristiansund

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back