Vehicle average MPG ?

They can say what the hell they like, i know it's right 😎

That was worked out using brim to brim fills and resetting the trip meter, not using an onboard computer 🙂
I don't doubt it. I just gave up on counting the fuel and money going out, I now just look at the cost of the trip overall, Last one was about £1500 for 3 week & was it good or not, I do look at the onboard MPG guesser thing, it varies between 32 and 37, it'll do for me as I can't seriously do much about it. I try to drive frugally (wherever that is) it is what it is.

The main reason i do it is because normally the first sign of a problem is a sudden drop on M.P.G.
Same here. My dear old Dad, who was a mechanic from the era when, in the Army, he was expected to make his own tools if there wasn't one 'off the shelf' [and who was somewhat caustic in his descriptions of may lack of mechanical ability/knowledge, did at least manage to 'get that through your [i.e. mine] thick head'

But I also use the fuel consumption and associated costings as part of my Cost of Ownership calculations, because finance is a subject where I do have a modicum of experience and knowledge ... And it suits my anal retentive/OCD character trait ... (y)

Steve

Sooo
Today I filled up to the brim as is the norm, Boxy Drank around 38.5lt after travelling 204 miles on the very hilly ‘A’ roads of The Boarder’s from Jedburgh to Carlisle, Penrith to Millthrop & beyond.
Sooooo
CONSTANTLY 24-25 as an Average & even on occasion with a following wind 26MPG 👍😊
Thank you Boxy

If the odometer is up to 7% off, the petrol pump is up to 3% off, that's as much as 10%. If you seem to be getting 30 mpg, that 10% is an error of 3mpg.

Much of the error will be consistent from fill to fill, so you'll not see variability.

If the odometer is up to 7% off, the petrol pump is up to 3% off, that's as much as 10%. If you seem to be getting 30 mpg, that 10% is an error of 3mpg.

Much of the error will be consistent from fill to fill, so you'll not see variability.
🤔Would that also work the OTHER way through,,,
Meaning 23-24 ish mpg 🤷🏻‍♂️

So theoretically it could be doing 33mpg then?

@Nesting Zombie

113.jpg

A popular truck in Asia, probably better built and more reliable than the Euro stuff.

I was thinking recently if Toyota or Nissan did a 3.5t wide body van suitable for a PVC.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back