Vehicle average MPG ?

Linking this to the Thread on School exams and qualifications, Trev, you have just given me the etymology/definition of 'undeterred'; 'resilient, persistent, not easily dissuaded, even in the face of skid marks, one of which the Highways Authority has to deal with, the second of which the vehicle driver [or navigator] has to deal with' :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Thank you a person gets degrees but these are for thermometors and we all know where the doctor sticks them. :eek:

Last edited:
Soooo,
Now Boxy is kinda behaving itself (since it was throwing Hissy fits & soot this time last year), in fact I have to say that - it’s actually performing quite well in my eyes overall. So I’ve been monitoring the fuel consumption together with the typical terrain used between fill ups.
Eg
XX lts over xxx miles over predominantly Moterway/A roads use.
XX lts over xxx miles over predominantly Town/City Use.
& have arrived at a VERY rough average of 24mpg taken as an ‘Average’ across all terrain taken over the last 6 months.
This is for a vehicle that’s running at around 4800kg average taken from the last 3 weight bridge readings.
So I think that’s not bad, & acceptable in my budget.
So I was wondering…What’s your Motorhome or Van doing as an average MPG ?.
Don’t forget to give weights & typical terrain 👍
Mwb 2014 ducato 130 h2 34/35+

I'll abstain from commenting, she might be bigger than me.

I find if I put motion lotion in the tank it makes the engine go Brmm Brmm, if I don't it stops going Brmm Brmm after a while, I have also found through exhaustive research (geddit?) that if my right foot is kept further from the floor it goes Brmm Brmm for much longer.

If I see pretty red lights or a queue of traffic and lift my right foot completely I can go even further, also I try not to use the pedal to the left of the Brmm Brmm pedal any more than I really need to and this also make it go Brmm Brmm for longer.

Basically put fuel in use and repeat.

popcorn.gif

The point of #92 was that it is fatuous to quote mpg to two decimal places.

I get about 22 to 24 mpg. I do NOT get 23.00 mpg
Obviously, short of draining the tank and putting in a measured amount, travelling a set distance with an accurate measuring wheel on the back, then checking the fuel used considering there will be the residue remaining in the tank, pipework, pump etc and the wheel bouncing, no one has a clue what the MPG is.

We get around 400-450 per tank full.

Obviously, short of draining the tank and putting in a measured amount, travelling a set distance with an accurate measuring wheel on the back, then checking the fuel used considering there will be the residue remaining in the tank, pipework, pump etc and the wheel bouncing, no one has a clue what the MPG is.

We get around 400-450 per tank full.
Indeed. The uncertainties I listed in #92, added to the variability of vehicle, engine, landscape and traffic conditions as well as variances in the fuel itself mean that we can only approximate.

Even averaging over hundreds of thousands of miles won't filter out the day-to-day factors in a way that justifies decimal places in the figure.

Also accurate to at least two decimal places
Unlike your reply to my post #92. Not my fault that you struggle to differentiate between 'excessive' and 'fatuous', though you obviously have a flair for conduct in the vein of the latter. Never mind, if you were taller, fewer things would pass over your head

Steve

Ditto. You began the attack by using the word 'fatuous'. If you make impolite comments, you shouldn't be surprised when I reply in kind. But, no worries, I shall not indulge your attention seeking with further replies. You adopted a similar stance to a Post I made in early January 2022 about a Truma Fault Code. A little humility and tolerance of the view points of others would not come amiss

Steve
Your ad hominem reply is noted.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back