Vehicle average MPG ?

Has anyone ever had an engine re-map and if so did it make any difference??
Not a re-map but i`ve had a TurboTune DT tuning module like this one on my since it was 6 months old. Other models are available.

Bought primarily for towing, first an Ifor Williams box trailer then a car on an A-Frame, it made a big difference (y)

Motorhome is now 16 years old and just coming up to 100,000 miles and it still works as good as the day it was fitted :cool:

Update.
1829 miles used just shy of 5L Adblue.e
Are you taking the p-ss
piggy.png

I’ve logged my fuel use since we bought ours 10 years ago and 56,000 miles. Always brimmed it, and I assume the odometer is pretty accurate. I had it remapped from 130 to 160 a number of years ago. It had no difference to the overall mpg but drives much better.

27.93mpg.

I have 120hp on tap, but still cannot get more than 37mph up the Glenshaine pass.

Think Tim means about 5 litres of Adblu, Trev, rather than diesel. The Adblu usage is quite impressive, though. My Tiguan averages about 9 litres of Adblu for about 4000 miles so the M/home consumption is very good

Steve
I think you’ll find Trev knows that, hence the picture 👍

Burstner Ixeo 590, 5.99m and 3500kg. 29.53mpg over 9745 miles since 21st April 2021. Measured full tank to full tank [cutting off at first click of nozzle].
You've said how you measured the fuel but not how you measured the distance.

Are you accepting the odometer readings? In my experience, they're not at all trustworthy.

Speedometers read about 5% on most vehicles, but odometers seem to read higher than that. You can see why: the drivers see more mpg, can go further between services, and they think about replacing the vehicle sooner.

Of course, when comparing with other people's fuel consumption, it doesn't really matter, but after allowing for the inaccuracy of pump metering (the tolerance is 3% I think) the variability of when the pump first clicks off (that depends how fast you are filling and how much anti-foam additives are in), how level the vehicle is at the pump, this means the fuel quantity could easily be 5% or more off what you think.

Add 10% variability for distance travelled and it's hard to justify measuring mpg to two decimal places.

How much does your mpg vary from fill to fill?

I get between 18 and 24 mpg. Never more than 25, never less than 18. Mostly 22 to 23. I could average over teens of years' figures, but the variability is in there.

Ireland has a lot of hills and bendy roads which require changing down 2 or more gears, this drops the mpg, can also lead to stained undies. :eek: View attachment 121152
Linking this to the Thread on School exams and qualifications, Trev, you have just given me the etymology/definition of 'undeterred'; 'resilient, persistent, not easily dissuaded, even in the face of skid marks, one of which the Highways Authority has to deal with, the second of which the vehicle driver [or navigator] has to deal with' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

All the time.

How is it going with your new toy, have you got it all sussed out yet? any problems shown up (hope not?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back