Vehicle average MPG ?

Nesting Zombie

Soooo,
Now Boxy is kinda behaving itself (since it was throwing Hissy fits & soot this time last year), in fact I have to say that - it’s actually performing quite well in my eyes overall. So I’ve been monitoring the fuel consumption together with the typical terrain used between fill ups.
Eg
XX lts over xxx miles over predominantly Moterway/A roads use.
XX lts over xxx miles over predominantly Town/City Use.
& have arrived at a VERY rough average of 24mpg taken as an ‘Average’ across all terrain taken over the last 6 months.
This is for a vehicle that’s running at around 4800kg average taken from the last 3 weight bridge readings.
So I think that’s not bad, & acceptable in my budget.
So I was wondering…What’s your Motorhome or Van doing as an average MPG ?.
Don’t forget to give weights & typical terrain 👍

Nothing I drive or ride gets the MPG people and reviews say it should. Ive not checked the van for years. 2.5td 1996 Kontiki 3.5t but it always seemed to be about 22mpg. I remember when I bought it the ads claiming 30mpg+ at 70 mph!! :ROFLMAO: Yeah over a feckin cliff maybe.

Peugeot boxer compass avantgarde 200 ,bought it in 2007. I`ve always calculated the mpg ,tried high revs and light footed on a long journey ,freewheeled, always averages 28/29. It seems to use more in the winter could be either the cold weather or short trips. I always use shell either regular or v power on a run after the injectors were blocked using supermarket fuel. It runs smoother. ( With the shell loyalty card you get money off)

Soooo,
Now Boxy is kinda behaving itself (since it was throwing Hissy fits & soot this time last year), in fact I have to say that - it’s actually performing quite well in my eyes overall. So I’ve been monitoring the fuel consumption together with the typical terrain used between fill ups.
Eg
XX lts over xxx miles over predominantly Moterway/A roads use.
XX lts over xxx miles over predominantly Town/City Use.
& have arrived at a VERY rough average of 24mpg taken as an ‘Average’ across all terrain taken over the last 6 months.
This is for a vehicle that’s running at around 4800kg average taken from the last 3 weight bridge readings.
So I think that’s not bad, & acceptable in my budget.
So I was wondering…What’s your Motorhome or Van doing as an average MPG ?.
Don’t forget to give weights & typical terrain 👍
Burstner Ixeo 590, 5.99m and 3500kg. 29.53mpg over 9745 miles since 21st April 2021. Measured full tank to full tank [cutting off at first click of nozzle]. 1829 miles trip to France, mainly autoroute and fast RN roads; 3511 miles trip to France & Spain mainly autoroute and fast RN roads. Remaining mileage in UK, roughly 50/50 split between motorway and A roads, usually at max payload and travelling on light throttle at 55-60mph, 1900-2100rpm.

Steve

I’m roughly the same size and weight as your van I worked it out motorways and divers boot on about 18 on a good day. Then driving like my granny on a Sunday about 24 25. Im always running loaded as well. 2.3 Ducato 180bhp. Advice for anyone wanting the new VW crafter they are alcoholics I’ve got a two year old one for work and it’s getting about 16 18 mile to gallon and that’s me being kind.

Burstner Ixeo 590, 5.99m and 3500kg. 29.53mpg over 9745 miles since 21st April 2021. Measured full tank to full tank [cutting off at first click of nozzle]. 1829 miles trip to France, mainly autoroute and fast RN roads; 3511 miles trip to France & Spain mainly autoroute and fast RN roads. Remaining mileage in UK, roughly 50/50 split between motorway and A roads, usually at max payload and travelling on light throttle at 55-60mph, 1900-2100rpm.

Steve

I'm so pleased to see it was just a rough estimate, with little to no figures to substantiate your claim.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oh by the way I'm getting 27.6 mpg on my trip around Spain and Portugal, mines read off the computery thing on the dashboard.🤔😁

Last edited:
I'm so pleased to see it was just a rough estimate, with little to no figures to substantiate your claim.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oh by the way I'm getting 27.6 mpg on my trip around Spain and Portugal, mines read off the computery thing on the dashboard.🤔😁
I could have provided more detailed analysis, Lee, it's a by product of my anal retentiveness ... :DThe trip computer tends to overstate the fuel economy by about 10% ...

Steve

• Funny
Reactions: Lee
I could have provided more detailed analysis, Lee, it's a by product of my anal retentiveness ... :DThe trip computer tends to overstate the fuel economy by about 10% ...

Steve
As I meant to say 24.84 mpg taking into account the 10% discrepancy.
Oh now I'll have to get Linda to check all those figures she's written down, every time we fill up.🤔😬👍

Being told by the computer thingy about 26.5. Fiat 2.3 160bhp 9 speed auto box pulling around 3860kg when last weighed.
Also uses adblu, yet to determine how much. Mixed driving.

Not enough at the price today ( No lol ) 3.ish tonn, 2.2ltr .local commute 5 mile to work claer runs at 6am.
£50 = 1/2 tank. Ish. 150 miles done 3 weeks in and under 1/4 tank left. max traveling speed 65 mph
Fridays are the pricey, on way home as traffic is stop and go. As short day 5pm trying to get to this friday to refule ! Thats lol.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back