Vaccine

Well I got my GVS mask from Screwfix for £18. Seems a good fit and easy to wear. One of the main advantages is that your glasses don't mist up.
how many times can it be worn before having to replace it etc

Well I got my GVS mask from Screwfix for £18. Seems a good fit and easy to wear. One of the main advantages is that your glasses don't mist up.
These masks do protect you, but not others as the one way valve just lets your breath out, i have a workshop full of them for spraying 2 pack paints.
Carbon filter masks are best and the cartridge can be changed, i used to tape paper over the front in very dusty jobs so as to get longer out the filter.

One of our members had his vaccination today and was a tad nervous about it, so I said I would go with him to support him. So here is barryd manfully getting his jab.

LOL! Tw@!

Im just not as used to pricks as you obviously!
LMlFutptyBoMeQWxLKzY.gif

Just to clarify, you'll continue to follow the rules that everyone has to follow right? And for as long as we're told to?
That is what we have been doing from the outset.
Why do you need to query it. Are you having trouble understanding them

Dezi

Last edited:
British scientists worked out the sequence for a vaccine that will not prevent you from getting the virus but it will under studies taken already prevent you from getting seriusly ill and needing hospital treatment hopefully by up to 90% this was done in Oxford, it actually gets produced in Germany & The Netherlands so which one you going to choose now ?? My suggestion would be any they offer you as none are made here in the UK :eek: Oh decisions decisions which one to choose it must be very difficult for you as you quoted you only want British made rather than British discovered this limits you in theory to none not a wise choice in the situation we are in at present, I do hope you have a long talk with yourself in a dark corner and change your mind and just take the call and take the jab for you and those around you (y) Have a safe year whatever you choose to do , the rest of us I hope see the sensible route to any safety and get the jab as soon as it is offered no matter where it was made. By the way the actual DNA of the virus that helped all scientists around the globe came from Wuhan without which there would be no jab, I know now you have even more of a dilemma because even it was British made it like the virus came from Wuhan 🙈🙉🙊 .
Slightly wrong

Where is the AstraZeneca vaccine made?
The “vast majority” of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine will be manufactured in the UK, Ian McCubbin, manufacturing lead for the UK’s Vaccine Taskforce, has said.

There are factories producing the vaccine in both Oxford and Keele.

AstraZeneca also has some plants in Europe, with sites in Germany and the Netherlands producing the jab.

The delay in production is reportedly down to a plant in Belgium, which is run by one of AstraZeneca’s partner firms, being unable to hit its targets.

That is what we have been doing from the outset.
Why do you need to query it. Are you having trouble understanding them

Dezi

I couldn't understand why you posted you might change your routine after a month or so.

This case demonstrates that even after the jabs it’s still possible to be infected and be infectious, just the symptoms are likely to be much reduced. Link

Just to clarify, you'll continue to follow the rules that everyone has to follow right? And for as long as we're told to?

Interesting you should say that. I saw a thread on my local facebook group where one of the old dears in the village was all excited about getting her jab and her and a fair few others were discussing how they could soon meet up, hug each other, see family etc. This concerned me a bit, not for them but for anyone who is not vaccinated they come into contact with. We just dont know yet whether vaccinated people can still spread it and it sounds like they probably can.

Interesting you should say that. I saw a thread on my local facebook group where one of the old dears in the village was all excited about getting her jab and her and a fair few others were discussing how they could soon meet up, hug each other, see family etc. This concerned me a bit, not for them but for anyone who is not vaccinated they come into contact with. We just dont know yet whether vaccinated people can still spread it and it sounds like they probably can.

Same behaviour at the retirement flats I do maintenance for.

This case demonstrates that even after the jabs it’s still possible to be infected and be infectious, just the symptoms are likely to be much reduced. Link
The PCR test does throw up some false positives - if you are asymptomatic do you actually have it, or is it just a false positive bearing in mind the designer of the PCR machine said it was not suitable for testing if you actually have a virus.
I had my jab on Saturday, the AstraZenica one, all very efficient - in and out in about 3 minutes! You are given a booklet giving common side effects. I had a slight headache for a day, to my surprise I was having to pee every 2 hours for a day, and still have a slight achey arm, so nothing bad. Next jab in April. Some immunity is supposed to kick in after 21 days from the first jab.

Same behaviour at the retirement flats I do maintenance for.

You really cant afford to let your guard down even after a vaccine. One of my close friends (A retired farmer) was pretty much shielding for a year. I organise food deliveries for him and he virtually never sees anyone. He let someone into his home a couple of weeks ago to pick something up and talked to him for a few minutes. Turns out this persons wife had Covid. Now my friend is in intensive care fighting for his life, he was just two days away from his jab.

I think I would feel more protected once I get the jab but I simply wont change my habits to protect others.

You really cant afford to let your guard down even after a vaccine. One of my close friends (A retired farmer) was pretty much shielding for a year. I organise food deliveries for him and he virtually never sees anyone. He let someone into his home a couple of weeks ago to pick something up and talked to him for a few minutes. Turns out this persons wife had Covid. Now my friend is in intensive care fighting for his life, he was just two days away from his jab.

I think I would feel more protected once I get the jab but I simply wont change my habits to protect others.

So sorry to hear ... this is a very sad lesson to get put out there, Barry... :cry:

100% agree with keeping to the safety guidelines.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back