Vaccine

Wife went into tesco last night and a chap came up right behind her at c/out, she ask him to move back but got a mouthfull, now reported to tesco and police as hes on cctv.
They are pretty good around here but you do get the odd one, we shop once a week very early but the last time I was getting some vegetables from the rack when someone reached past me and his arm touched my shoulder, I said very politely "please move back and give me space", well probably not the exact words.🤣
When I had picked the ones I wanted I moved to let him in, he had a high-vis jacket on and on the back it said 'remember to give 2m space' with some other information about his employers, 😵

When we get the metastudies in, in a few years time we will know all about effectiveness of the vaccines in use now. Until then the only sensible approach is to get whichever jab you can as soon as you can. Then behave like you have not had it as nobody knows just how effective it is against all the variants. It will give you some protection against most of the known ones and probable again the the next few to develop in the coming months.

Not to do this is very silly and selfish as you are putting yourself and all those around you at risk. When you get covid and are admitted to hospital, you are costing all those around you a fortune to treat you. I read an article about American ITUs where the first day costs about 11 000 dollars and falls down to about 3000 dollars when you come off the ventilator. This does not take into account the toll being taken on the staff.

I'm sure it's expensive to be in ICU but I'm not certain we should compare prices in the USA with the real world.
The problem is we've been built up to think that the vaccine is our saviour only now to be told that it may not be. Only yesterday someone was saying we will have a fairly normal summer while someone else was saying that social distancing and masks will be around until the new year. Mixed messaging doesn't help.

People are silly.
And often selfish.
And often drunk.
And smokers.
And often fat. Or thin. Or neither.

Who cares?

I have every reason to believe that the majority will get the vaccine, and that will be more than good enough.

Sticking my neck out here, but I personally have no beef with anyone who really doesn't want to be vaccinated.

People are silly.
And often selfish.
And often drunk.
And smokers.
And often fat. Or thin. Or neither.

Who cares?

I have every reason to believe that the majority will get the vaccine, and that will be more than good enough.

Sticking my neck out here, but I personally have no beef with anyone who really doesn't want to be vaccinated.
I think I can speak for most of my friends that have to work with covid patients when I say that's a shame but each to their own.

I was flabbergasted last week. A chap who works in the local testing centre contracted covid. His wife, a theatre nurse, was in the park walking the dog while she was supposed to be in lockdown, because someone has to walk the animal. I used to walk with these people when I still had the beast. She told this to a taxi driver who was walking his dog and his wife told me when I went to buy a newspaper from her in the Co-op

There was something on the News yesterday that some form of proof of vaccination will be required for International travel.

The forms that a traveller gets now (to state he/she has been tested) are already available to buy online. Fakes of course. :(

I was flabbergasted last week. A chap who works in the local testing centre contracted covid. His wife, a theatre nurse, was in the park walking the dog while she was supposed to be in lockdown, because someone has to walk the animal. I used to walk with these people when I still had the beast. She told this to a taxi driver who was walking his dog and his wife told me when I went to buy a newspaper from her in the Co-op

Satire kinda suits you, Sam ;) (y)

Your co op still sells newspapers? :p

Satire kinda suits you, Sam ;) (y)
I kid you not this is a true story. Every evening at 3.30 a group of us would parade around the park with our dogs. Among the group was the taxi driver, a plasterer, the test centre bloke, a district nurse and a teaching assistant. The person in the Co-op was keeping me up to date with the news, no dog no walk now. The teaching assistant was off with it, as was her postman husband and a bloke who occasionally turned up and works the crew boats for the Navy is in hospital with it.

I kid you not this is a true story. Every evening at 3.30 a group of us would parade around the park with our dogs. Among the group was the taxi driver, a plasterer, the test centre bloke, a district nurse and a teaching assistant. The person in the Co-op was keeping me up to date with the news, no dog no walk now. The teaching assistant was off with it, as was her postman husband and a bloke who occasionally turned up and works the crew boats for the Navy is in hospital with it.

I seriously don't know whether to hit the laughing emoji or the sad face! :oops: 🥴 :cool:

It is - and should be - a matter of personal choice.

However, people who decide they won't get the vaccine must accept that it may be others choice - be they individuals or businesses - to not allow them into their homes, shops, planes, ships, etc. And they may get discriminated against for some jobs where their lack of immunisation might post a risk to others.

For a good case study on this, people can read up on "Typhoid Mary", a cook in America (NYC I think?) who was a carrier of Typhoid, refused - as was her right - treatment, but carried on working in kitchens, knowing she was infecting people. She even assumed different identities to get new catering jobs after getting sacked repeatly. In the end she was forceably detained because she refused to stop - so recklessly killing people.

Just on Ulster news, a big loyalist paramilitary funeral today with over 500 turning up at graveside shoulder to shoulder, no s distancing and no cops to be seen.

If she is seen by a college and is reported, unless she is passed the 14 days isolation, she may well get struck off so I doubt she is a qualified nurse

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back